Just a Heads Up: PSA "M4 style" AR-15 complete for $350 - Page 2

Just a Heads Up: PSA "M4 style" AR-15 complete for $350

This is a discussion on Just a Heads Up: PSA "M4 style" AR-15 complete for $350 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It really is hard to beat the deals that PSA offers. The freedom series are solid entry level rifles. Believe me, I have handled and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Just a Heads Up: PSA "M4 style" AR-15 complete for $350

It really is hard to beat the deals that PSA offers. The freedom series are solid entry level rifles. Believe me, I have handled and fired dozens of them. Hazard of living with a PSA 25 minutes away and another one 25 minutes the opposite direction. Everyone here has them. Or several for the guys that buy parts on sale while gathering them for various builds.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    It really is hard to beat the deals that PSA offers. The freedom series are solid entry level rifles. Believe me, I have handled and fired dozens of them. Hazard of living with a PSA 25 minutes away and another one 25 minutes the opposite direction. Everyone here has them. Or several for the guys that buy parts on sale while gathering them for various builds.
    Given it was my first build, my opinion may not be the best - but this is not my first weapon by far, just my first build. The build went incredibly well. Everything fits snugly without any issues. Dry cycling the weapon is flawless the first time. Finish is excellent. Given the specs of the weapon I built, and that it cost me just under $400, I am very happy with the result. Now to see how is shoots.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    Funny but my receiver just arrived (10 weeks since order on a 4-6 week delivery receiver) and I put my first AR together tonight.

Once I got the receiver it was all pretty easy. Did not loose a single spring or detent button. It's the 16" Mid-length 5.56 NATO 1:8 Stainless 15" Lightweight M-Lok MOE
    Attachment 303018

Now to get it out to the range.....
    I almost choked on my coffee when I read that you didn't lose a single spring or detent!

I had to change out an old Rock River lower, so I stripped it out and started on a replacement stripped lower. To my amazement, I could not find my front pivot pin installation tool. I went through every tool box two or three times...no cigar. So I finally went out and found an old set of feeler gauges. (I actually had to clean them off with WD-40) For those of you too young to know what that is, the gauges are precision ground varying thickness pieces of spring steel we used to use to adjust the gap on car engine ignition points. Worked like a champ with a .15 gauge to assemble the front pivot pin and keep the spring and detent from orbiting the earth.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I almost choked on my coffee when I read that you didn't lose a single spring or detent!

I had to change out an old Rock River lower, so I stripped it out and started on a replacement stripped lower. To my amazement, I could not find my front pivot pin installation tool. I went through every tool box two or three times...no cigar. So I finally went out and found an old set of feeler gauges. (I actually had to clean them off with WD-40) For those of you too young to know what that is, the gauges are precision ground varying thickness pieces of spring steel we used to use to adjust the gap on car engine ignition points. Worked like a champ with a .15 gauge to assemble the front pivot pin and keep the spring and detent from orbiting the earth.

You can use them to spread mayo and butter when on a camping trip, too.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

@Shootnlead If you saw mine, you might think twice before ever thinking about using them for that!!!!

IIRC the last time I actually used them was on the first car Mrs OldChap and I got after getting married: a 1970 Cuda' with a 440 and 3-2 barrel carbs bought from a friend. And yes...I've kicked myself every day since for ever selling it off so we could buy a station wagon.

I saw one exactly like ours sell for 3/4 of a million at auction.
    Last edited by OldChap; September 28th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I was thinking that I’m not sure living so close is a GOOD thing or a BAD thing......
    OD*, OldChap, MMinSC and 4 others like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

@Shootnlead If you saw mine, you might think twice before ever thinking about using them for that!!!!
    Probably cleaner than my knives!
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    I was thinking that I’m not sure living so close is a GOOD thing or a BAD thing......
    I try to not drive past either of them!

I built an AR-10 from a PSA upper and lower (purchased separately) when they were on sale and it is superb. Couldn't ask for more and the price was extraordinary. I put a scope on it for accuracy testing and took it out to 300 yards. It shot three 5 shot groups at .75 MOA or less. The guy in the next lane was shocked when we compared targets. He was shooting a tricked out NM M1A and when I told him what this gun cost, he wanted me to show him on the website, so out came the cell phone. He has FOUR times more invested in the M1A than I did in the PSA.

I picked up one of these 5.56 Freedom uppers. Didn't need a lower as I had one that needed rebuilding, so I just picked up a stripped lower and it will be GTG. As @Shootnlead says, they must have a bunch made up. Mine got a UPS tracking number on the 2nd day after I ordered.

@OldChap you guys are expensive friends to have. I didn't get a complete gun, but parts are on the way. Then a trip to Midway for some accessories and ammunition. I'll post pics next week when the plan comes together.

I think VISA likes you more than I do.
    Psalm 144:1

My apologies to one and all.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I have two of their ARs. One in 223 wylde and the other a 9mm pistol. No complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I have two of their ARs. One in 223 wylde and the other a 9mm pistol. No complaints.
    A buddy of mine just finished his 223 Wylde. I am trying to decide between that or a 224 Valkyrie next. I tell you what, if Beto comes to SC for our ARs, he better bring some empty tractor trailers. PSA flooded the state with so many deals that many of my friends could probably put together a few rifles just out of their parts laying around. And they sucked us all in with very good deals on 5 packs of stripped lowers when they first opened the two stores by me. Once you have stripped lowers, every part on sale is a part you need. Like drug dealers.
    Rock and Glock, OD* and airslot like this.

Senior Moderator
    Once you have stripped lowers, every part on sale is a part you need. Like drug dealers.
    Does that explain your avatar?
    MMinSC, OD* and airslot like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Got some goodness off the brown truck a little while ago...

Just a Heads Up: PSA "M4 style" AR-15 complete for 0-71875295_404374483602708_5644451127119314944_n.jpg
    Just a Heads Up: PSA "M4 style" AR-15 complete for 0-72346710_560960147975524_1820257395457130496_n.jpg
    Rock and Glock, OD* and airslot like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links