Why does anyone need an AR15?

This is a discussion on Why does anyone need an AR15? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Short, sweet, and to the point....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: Why does anyone need an AR15?

Short, sweet, and to the point.

"Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Well done. Articulate and concise, directly on point.

I never felt the need until politicians started saying I shouldn't have one. There won't ever be a day I need it more than the day they come to take it away from me.
    flh, airslot, OldChap and 12 others like this.

@retired badge 1 I never NEED anything until someone tells me I can't have it!

There won't ever be a day I need it more than the day they come AND TRY TO to take it away from me.
    My philosophy: What I will never understand is the lessons we learn, relearn, and learn once more in dealing with insurgents. A raghead with an IED is a formidable enemy. The British learned that lesson in 1776, forgot it, and learned it again in 1812. Seems politicians here just have no concept of what things can be like in the real world, and a case of absolute ignorance when it comes to history and the indomitable nature of freedom loving Americans.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Why does anyone need an AR15

Short answer: they don't. It isn't about minimal "needs". You don't need a plasma tv. You don't need an Apple watch. You don't need a 3,000 sq ft house. This is about the right to self preservation. The line is drawn at "shall not be infringed".

But Noir says it with great context. He also has a well done series about the role of politicians in the rot of inner cities.
    Psalm 144:1

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Mr. Colion Noir is an excellent spokesman for the RKBA. Well done.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

It's the "Bill of RIGHTS", not the "Bill of Needs"
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    This is worth repeating:

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof;7796986[SIZE=5
    ]It's the "Bill of RIGHTS", not the "Bill of Needs"[/SIZE]
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I've never had a real need to own an AR, although I've owned a handful over the last 40 years.

My first Bushmaster Varminter was a tack driver and earned it's place shooting prairie dogs. It also paid for almost a year of college tuition when I sold it for more than I paid new.

Since then I've had a few, but prefer the Mini-14 over the AR primarily because it feels better in my hands even though the Mini-14 isn't as accurate as any of the AR's I've owned.

Ultimately, it is not about needs. The Bill Of Rights places limits on our government. It does not grant rights to the people.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member
    You need a gun. You want an AR15. Needs and wants are quite different. I do not need an AR15, and I do not want one. It is an excellent weapon and anyone who wants one, and can legitimately acquire one, should be able to do so without hindrance. Personally I want an M3A1 with the 8 inch barrel. Now that is a CQB weapon that would be superb for home defense.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I ran across that video the other night...I thought the young man hit some good points.
    G26Raven, CLASS3NH and airslot like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the media and many politicians have convinced a lot of people that if you own an AR or AK that you're going to go on a shooting rampage and that those weapons are for battlefield use only. Considering how many AR's and AK's are out there they should be asking why aren't there mass shootings all day every day. A lot of people don't think for themselves. I don't know how we're going to get the message out that guns aren't the problem. I doubt the news media will ever present an unbiased news report. I think there's some people that do "man/woman on the street" interviews to show people the error of their "knowledge". Maybe more billboard presentations? Colion is a good spokesperson but it's unlikely he'll get his message out to the uninformed.
    G26Raven, CLASS3NH and airslot like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Unfortunately, the media and many politicians have convinced a lot of people that if you own an AR or AK that you're going to go on a shooting rampage and that those weapons are for battlefield use only. Considering how many AR's and AK's are out there they should be asking why aren't there mass shootings all day every day. A lot of people don't think for themselves. I don't know how we're going to get the message out that guns aren't the problem. I doubt the news media will ever present an unbiased news report. I think there's some people that do "man/woman on the street" interviews to show people the error of their "knowledge". Maybe more billboard presentations? Colion is a good spokesperson but it's unlikely he'll get his message out to the uninformed.
    Never a mention of the people who defended their homes from violent attacks with an AR or AK variant.
    G26Raven, Havok and airslot like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post

Ultimately, it is not about needs. The Bill Of Rights places limits on our government. It does not grant rights to the people.
    We must never forget that either. Our rights are natural rights and come from our Creator, not from the government.

And the Bill of Rights exists to place limits upon our government!

"Congress shall make no law..."

"...shall not be infringed."

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TimBob; October 7th, 2019 at 08:14 AM.

There are a lot of good points that he makes and that commentors here are making....but....the logic will not reach the other side. Either post 2020 or post 2024.....we will face 2A challenges.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    They know not everyone, or even close to everyone who owns an AR is going to go on a killing spree. The goal is to make people feel guilty for owning them. They are bully tactics designed to change the way people perceive you and I, and the only logical thing we can do is to go turn our guns in to the government. They aren't interested in being factual, they are interested in getting to peoples emotions.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links