PSA AR 15 A2 Classic - Page 2

PSA AR 15 A2 Classic

This is a discussion on PSA AR 15 A2 Classic within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 10thMTN you do realize if you buy the kit you don't have to pay the FAET tax which is an additional ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: PSA AR 15 A2 Classic

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    10thMTN you do realize if you buy the kit you don't have to pay the FAET tax which is an additional 10% on completed guns.

the Kit is only $349.https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-kit.html just add a lower.

The Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) is a federal tax on the manufacture, importation, production, and sale of firearms and ammunition, including shells and cartridges. Pistols and revolvers are subject to a 10 percent FAET on the sales price, while rifles, shotguns, and ammunition carry an 11 percent tax. This is separate from any state sales taxes on guns or ammunition.
    By the time you assemble everything, and add a lower and a carry handle/rear sight...what are you really saving?
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    By the time you assemble everything, and add a lower and a carry handle/rear sight...what are you really saving?
    About 10% so around $50
    OldChap and Pete63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    About 10% so around $50
    Meh for that Iíd rather get the gun all assembled and not have any questions about warranty coverage or who messed up what.

But thanks for the suggestion.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Actually you maybe looking at a lot more. If you ship everything to your FFL.

The whole gun is $519 plus $20 shipping (rough estimate) transfer fee ($25)

$349 for the kit, $39 for the lower, $20 shipping (wash with regular gun) transfer fee ($25 wash) carry handle at a gun show can probably be gotten for $30.
    Pete63 likes this.

I have an M-4 style carbine AR with A2 sights and carry handle. I am not a fan of the carbine adjustable stock, preferring the A2 stock which I have on my Mongoose lower. In hindsight, I wish I had just gone with the M-16A2 style rifle, 20" barrel and all. I say get it if you want it. For most purposes, I think the carbines are overrated.
    OldChap likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I have an M-4 style carbine AR with A2 sights and carry handle. I am not a fan of the carbine adjustable stock, preferring the A2 stock which I have on my Mongoose lower. In hindsight, I wish I had just gone with the M-16A2 style rifle, 20" barrel and all. I say get it if you want it. For most purposes, I think the carbines are overrated.

I use my rifles for pretty much everything, hunting, training, etc... having the ability to adjust is worth it weight in gold. If your up in your tree stand in -10 degrees and your all bundled up nothing like being able to adjust your stock, but for putting around the farm not wearing bests and cold weather gear a 20 inch AR completely makes sense.
    OldChap and Pete63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Different jobs, different tools. Navigating inside a dark house at O dark thirty with a 20" barrel takes a bit of practice. Putting an adjustable stock on a 20 inch upper allows the ladies to be fit properly.

Should we ever have a repeat of the island situation we had during Harvey, I will be wearing my Level III+ vest. There is no way a non-adjustable stock will work with that - unless you're built like an NBA player.
    Old Man likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Might have to get one of these, just for old times. Great price.

Thoughts?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-a2-rifle.html

Nice but to be a true classic A2 there would be no removable handle. True classic A2's are my favorite configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by m5215 View Post
    Nice but to be a true classic A2 there would be no removable handle. True classic A2's are my favorite configuration.
    Of course, but the ability to mount an optic lower on the receiver is worth the slight deviation from the original, IMHO.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Iím a big fan of PSA. Have an AR15 and one of their 9mm AR pistols. For the price, they canít be beat.
    gatorbait51 and Pete63 like this.

Man it is so hard to go wrong with a PSA now days. They have an ad out now for a complete A4 for $350. If it is not the time to buy now, I do not know when it will be.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Of course, but the ability to mount an optic lower on the receiver is worth the slight deviation from the original, IMHO.
    The Marines seem to like the M16A4/AR15A4 too.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Well after much dithering I ordered it. Will be bittersweet to shoot one again. Iím sure it will bring back some memories, both good and bad.

Maybe it will change my opinion of ARs...
    OD*, MMinSC, Pete63 and 1 others like this.

First, this looks like an A4 with the flat top. That is good because you can easily swap rear optics. (I tend to not say A3 because that is full auto, and we didn't see any of those. Yeah, A4 is select fire, but tom‚to/tomāto)
    So here are my likes and dislikes.

Like- railed flat top. Optic options.

Dislike- carrying handle. Useless.
    Like- A2 rear sight. If you are getting a 20" barrel, the A2 rear sight is set for 65gr velocity. That's good if you are target shooting. There are rail mounted and flip up A2 rear apertures. Not many people enjoy shooting 200-600m with iron sights.

Dislike- A2 stock. Again, a good target stock. Read about the input of the rifle team in some changes that went into the A2.
    Like- A1 stock. I no longer shoot these competitively. The A1 stock fits me for a combat/hd role. I'm totally average build. I even wore medium/regular BDU's like they were tailored for me.

Like- A2 front sight post. Bomb proof gas system and solid target sight.

Love- PSA polished trigger kit.
    Old Man likes this.
    Psalm 144:1

Picked it up tonight. Range report to follow, but likely not for a few weeks.

Been more than 24 years...but still familiar.
    Pete63, MMinSC, airslot and 1 others like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links