PSA AR 15 A2 Classic

PSA AR 15 A2 Classic

This is a discussion on PSA AR 15 A2 Classic within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Might have to get one of these, just for old times. Great price. Thoughts? https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-a2-rifle.html...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: PSA AR 15 A2 Classic

PSA AR 15 A2 Classic

Might have to get one of these, just for old times. Great price.

Thoughts?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-a2-rifle.html
    MMinSC, OldChap, OD* and 3 others like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Why not? The price is right.
    OldChap likes this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Why not? The price is right.
    Showed it to my wife. May need to revisit your other thread!
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Great price and my favorite is the A2...just a very practical all-around rifle.

I have one that I bought way back in the 80's...been shot a TON and it is still my favorite AR.
    Pete63 likes this.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    I did mine with the triangle handguard

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    I did mine with the triangle handguard

I think it really needs the triangle.
    Old Man likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

I keep telling myself that my Mini 14 is shorter, lighter, easier to clean, and not as muzzle heavy. I donít even like ARs much.

But...that price. And my history with it. Itís been a long time since Somalia.

Then all the nimrods on the Left saying I donít need one. Well, I donít. But I wouldnít mind thumbing my nose at them...
    OldChap, MMinSC, Pete63 and 1 others like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    I think it really needs the triangle.
    Mine came with the triangle handguard...WAY back in the day.
    MMinSC and Old Man like this.
    ďThe everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.Ē Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I keep telling myself that my Mini 14 is shorter, lighter, easier to clean, and not as muzzle heavy. I donít even like ARs much.

Then all the nimrods on the Left saying I donít need one. Well, I donít. But I wouldnít mind thumbing my nose at them...
    I kind of prefer my Mini, too...just easier handling for me. But, it is not as accurate as the A2.
    10thmtn likes this.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar

The nimrods is the only reason I have one. I've never had a hankerin' for an AR. Never shot one until I was 57, and it was "meh".

10thmtn likes this.

My first one with the open flash suppressor would fire one round on full auto if you wanted it to. Not realizing that I'd never find another one like that, I turned it in when I went on R&R.

I doubt I'd get one though. After seeing the AR's on the ground in the photo of the shooting at San Bernardino I bought the last AR in a lgs. It was made by Colt Competition Rifle using the Colt name and came with a 3 shot 100 yard target measuring .383 with heavy Sierra Match King bullets. One is enough for me, though I wouldn't mind having a lighter one.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

VIP Member
    Might have to get one of these, just for old times. Great price.

Thoughts?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...-a2-rifle.html
    Stop posting this crap you don't know how long I've been looking for a 20 inch.
    OldChap, 10thmtn and Pete63 like this.

I have a Rock River 20" A3 standard rifle that they have offered for a long time:

PSA AR 15 A2 Classic-rra-20-inch-std-rifle.jpg

In the accuracy department, it is only surpassed by my NM A3 and the 20" Bull Barrel. One of the best things about the 20" barrel is that it makes the 5.56 perform the way it originally did.

PSA AR 15 A2 Classic-rra-20-inch-nm-ar15-a4.jpg

This is the National Match. I used one in competition for one season before building one from the ground up with a lot of competition stuff. The RRA was competitive enough to use at Camp Perry in Service Rifle matches.

I bet you'd really like that PSA model - and as you say, their prices are darn-near impossible to pass up.

@Rob99VMI04 is right about the price and tax issue. It is quite a bit cheaper to buy the kit and add a stripped lower.
    MMinSC, Pete63 and Old Man like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

VIP Member
    10thMTN you do realize if you buy the kit you don't have to pay the FAET tax which is an additional 10% on completed guns.

the Kit is only $349.https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-kit.html just add a lower.

The Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) is a federal tax on the manufacture, importation, production, and sale of firearms and ammunition, including shells and cartridges. Pistols and revolvers are subject to a 10 percent FAET on the sales price, while rifles, shotguns, and ammunition carry an 11 percent tax. This is separate from any state sales taxes on guns or ammunition.
    OldChap, PPS1980 and Pete63 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    10thMTN you do realize if you buy the kit you don't have to pay the FAET tax which is an additional 10% on completed guns.

the Kit is only $349.https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...rifle-kit.html just add a lower.

The Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax (FAET) is a federal tax on the manufacture, importation, production, and sale of firearms and ammunition, including shells and cartridges. Pistols and revolvers are subject to a 10 percent FAET on the sales price, while rifles, shotguns, and ammunition carry an 11 percent tax. This is separate from any state sales taxes on guns or ammunition.
    Beat me to it! PSA's items that I put into my build were all excellent without a single problem. If you're looking for a trip down memory lane that A2 20 in looks to be it!
    OldChap and Bad Bob like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links