The new IWI Tavor TS12 Shotgun

The new IWI Tavor TS12 Shotgun

This is a discussion on The new IWI Tavor TS12 Shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I think this is very cool! It might just push me over the edge in the shotgun department....

Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree17Likes
  • 3 Post By G26Raven
  • 4 Post By airslot
  • 1 Post By Pete63
  • 2 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By StripesDude
  • 1 Post By G26Raven
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By StripesDude
  • 2 Post By GraySkies

Thread: The new IWI Tavor TS12 Shotgun

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,553

    The new IWI Tavor TS12 Shotgun

    I think this is very cool! It might just push me over the edge in the shotgun department.

    Pete63, marshallman and bakes like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

  2. #2
    VIP Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,959
    Not sure I like the bullpup in a shotgun. I put one of these on layaway last week.
    Pete63, G26Raven, bakes and 1 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array Pete63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Magnolia, Texas
    Posts
    3,539
    I saw this, as I subscribe to their channel, but hadn't watched it yet, thinking it was a pump. That is "one very interesting PDW" for home defense! I'll say this, I've got an Uzi in .45 acp, & a Galil Ace pistol in 7.62X39, & both have been stellar! IWI makes GREAT STUFF! Only thing I'm wondering about is price. Going to guess $1,400. But, I think I'd prefer this over some Saiga or AR variant.
    G26Raven likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Not sure I like the bullpup in a shotgun. I put one of these on layaway last week.
    I like that, too! Maybe I will get both!
    airslot and Pete63 like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

  6. #5
    Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    I saw this, as I subscribe to their channel, but hadn't watched it yet, thinking it was a pump. That is "one very interesting PDW" for home defense! I'll say this, I've got an Uzi in .45 acp, & a Galil Ace pistol in 7.62X39, & both have been stellar! IWI makes GREAT STUFF! Only thing I'm wondering about is price. Going to guess $1,400. But, I think I'd prefer this over some Saiga or AR variant.
    The AR variant shotguns are a disaster, or at least the one I bought is. I bought a MKA1919, which is a Turkish made 12ga that resembles an AR. First one I had was light striking primers. So I sent it back. Second one needed several boxes of high power shells to break it in. The problem is the steel on these guns can’t handle high power brass. So they’re prone to breaking. Now I have a very expensive (I added a retractable stock, quad rail, and 10 rd mag and had to make it 922 compliant so put about $400 extra into it) paperweight as I’m afraid to shoot it for fear of breaking parts. Their popularity never took off so parts are scarce.
    I have some experience with the Saiga too and found it also likes high power shells. I couldn’t get them to cycle on target rounds. High power takes a toll on the shoulder.
    I hope they’ve figured out how to get this Tavor to cycle. Seems an issue with semi auto shottys.
    Pete63 likes this.

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    7,553
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I hope they’ve figured out how to get this Tavor to cycle. Seems an issue with semi auto shottys.
    I've never had an issue with the Benellis I have owned (3 different models). Reports on the Mossberg 930 Tactical have also been good.
    Pete63 likes this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array WrongRecroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    AZ moutain lands
    Posts
    9,331
    This looks like a SRM https://www.srmarms.com/ or a KSG

    I like that it is a bullpup and semi auto ..The pain I see is having to move the mag tube into postion after each tube is empty


    And yeah the AR shotguns are crap ..Russian made are GTG in my box ..Saiga will need work out of the box but Veper tend to run good out of the box with proper ( ie not crapo mags)
    Pete63 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,244
    Raven, any time you need a push over the edge, I am here to help!
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  10. #9
    VIP Member
    Array Pete63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Magnolia, Texas
    Posts
    3,539
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    The AR variant shotguns are a disaster, or at least the one I bought is. I bought a MKA1919, which is a Turkish made 12ga that resembles an AR. First one I had was light striking primers. So I sent it back. Second one needed several boxes of high power shells to break it in. The problem is the steel on these guns can’t handle high power brass. So they’re prone to breaking. Now I have a very expensive (I added a retractable stock, quad rail, and 10 rd mag and had to make it 922 compliant so put about $400 extra into it) paperweight as I’m afraid to shoot it for fear of breaking parts. Their popularity never took off so parts are scarce.
    I have some experience with the Saiga too and found it also likes high power shells. I couldn’t get them to cycle on target rounds. High power takes a toll on the shoulder.
    I hope they’ve figured out how to get this Tavor to cycle. Seems an issue with semi auto shottys.
    Seems like "Mr. Tight Shorts" had no problem cycling "short base brass loads", even "one handed", which you'd think could cause cycling issues. (not unlike limp wristing)


    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    This looks like a SRM https://www.srmarms.com/ or a KSG

    I like that it is a bullpup and semi auto ..The pain I see is having to move the mag tube into postion after each tube is empty


    And yeah the AR shotguns are crap ..Russian made are GTG in my box ..Saiga will need work out of the box but Veper tend to run good out of the box with proper ( ie not crapo mags)
    Yes, but after six rounds fired= still faster than a "speed reload" by just about anyone. (J. Miculek NOT included)

    Yeah, When they were first being brought in to "3 gun", I got real interested in those, TILL I found out they were spending 2-3K EXTRA to make them function. I said: "no thanks, I'll wait"! Not trying to argue, just that after them doing an "additional" 20K to insure function, I think that like ALL the IWI products I've seen, this looks very promising.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    DFW Texas
    Posts
    1,831
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I've never had an issue with the Benellis I have owned (3 different models). Reports on the Mossberg 930 Tactical have also been good.
    I guess the Key there is “not made in Turkey or Russia”.
    G26Raven and Pete63 like this.

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member Array GraySkies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    1,403
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I hope they’ve figured out how to get this Tavor to cycle. Seems an issue with semi auto shottys.
    The gas system is manually user-adjustable. Might take some getting used to it, but it seems like that would go a long way towards allowing various loads to cycle properly...

    This also has a rotary tube magazine system, so the capacity is 15 + 1. THAT is definitely a draw. 16 rounds of 12ga is a LOT of firepower...
    Last edited by GraySkies; November 7th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
    G26Raven and Pete63 like this.
    The antis just don't understand the depth of love & bonding that comes with guns - redbirddog5

    2nd AMENDMENT: The gateway drug to freedom addiction.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

ts12 shotgun forum

Click on a term to search for related topics.