What an interesting discovery-Lapua vs Winchester - I think- results in #15 - Page 2

What an interesting discovery-Lapua vs Winchester - I think- results in #15

This is a discussion on What an interesting discovery-Lapua vs Winchester - I think- results in #15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shooting a 338 lapua for a short while now. Will not be doing any reloading for it until my Son gets back. Good thing is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: What an interesting discovery-Lapua vs Winchester - I think- results in #15

Shooting a 338 lapua for a short while now. Will not be doing any reloading for it until my Son gets back. Good thing is factory ammo is becoming more popular and prices coming down.
    Tangle likes this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Lead Moderator

One addition...

I don't like to eliminate an event, in this case, a velocity outlier unless there is pretty strong justification to. It appears there is plenty of justification for eliminating that one low shot from the 25 Winchester case shots. Below is a distribution graph that is used to illustrate how the "events" occur. The dash-dot line is the average velocity WITHOUT the low velocity, although there isn't that much difference in the average velocity, with it or without it. The average with it is 2629 fps; without it the average is 2631 fps - a mere difference of 2 fps.

So the dash-dot is the average. The dashed lines to the left of the average line are the 1 SD, 2 SD, 3 SD and even 4 SD points. Here's what it means:

In statistics we expect 68% of the events (velocities) to be within +/- 1 SD (standard deviation); 95% of the events will be within +/- 2 SDs; 99.7% of the events will be within +/- 3 SDs; and 99.9% of the events to be within +/- 4 SDs. Notice in the graph below, that point I want to eliminate is well outside the 4 SD point!

Hence, I believe I am justified in eliminating that velocity. If for no other reason, it is very unlikely to occur.

We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    I see the black helicopter(s) but I didn't realize they were NASA.
    NASA helicopters are white. The black helicopters are Chinese.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links