Need Opinion on a SPECIFIC Shotgun for Pheasant Hunting

This is a discussion on Need Opinion on a SPECIFIC Shotgun for Pheasant Hunting within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got an email from the website CDNN Sporting and it advertised a semi auto (gas operated) DICKINSON 12 ga for the sale price of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By con42
  • 1 Post By PPS1980

Thread: Need Opinion on a SPECIFIC Shotgun for Pheasant Hunting

I got an email from the website CDNN Sporting and it advertised a semi auto (gas operated) DICKINSON 12 ga for the sale price of $229. That sounds pretty good to me being retired and on a fixed income. But Iíve never heard of this Dickinson brand. OTOH, itís hard to mess up such a reliable design thatís been around as long as the gas operated semiautomatic shottie. Iíve heard that the O/U shotguns from this brand often sell for $2K+ so thereís that. Anybody know anything about the Dickinson 12 ga?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 31 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Patriot Benefactor Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO. IDPA, USPSA, STEEL CHALLENGE competitor. RETIRED Social Studies Educator as of 12/7/2018

If the semi's are the quality of they're O/U and Doubles I don't see any problem. JMO
    airslot likes this.

VIP Member
    Itís a Turkish weapon and I have had excellent experience with each Turkish firearm Iíve shot/owned. Great values IMHO. The reason I say that is many will be disparaging because it costs so little. I know when I asked about the K2-45 at $300 I got some ďit canít be any good as a DA/SA 14+1at that priceĒ but itís been terrific! Good luck.
    airslot likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    OTOH, itís hard to mess up such a reliable design thatís been around as long as the gas operated semiautomatic shottie.
    The Dickinson I saw on CDNN is the 212SR that uses an "inertia operated system", so if that's it, it isn't gas operated... Does that mean it's bad - not necessarily - it's likely a Turkish knock off of the Benelli rotating bolt system. It won't be a Benelli, but it won't cost as much either. So, unless you plan to shoot thousands of rounds at a skeet range, it will probably do what you need it to.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linejudgemick View Post
    The Dickinson I saw on CDNN is the 212SR that uses an "inertia operated system", so if that's it, it isn't gas operated... Does that mean it's bad - not necessarily - it's likely a Turkish knock off of the Benelli rotating bolt system. It won't be a Benelli, but it won't cost as much either. So, unless you plan to shoot thousands of rounds at a skeet range, it will probably do what you need it to.
    There are several Shotgun World forum posts on it that call it "Benelli-fast". Several are rather detailed.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Sponsored Links