Remington 40X

Remington 40X

This is a discussion on Remington 40X within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not a defensive rifle as such but from 200Yds-to-1000Yds a very good learning experience in marksmanship....

Like Tree30Likes
  • 9 Post By dennis40x
  • 4 Post By bmcgilvray
  • 5 Post By Old Man
  • 9 Post By Grizzly2
  • 3 Post By dennis40x

Thread: Remington 40X

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar

Remington 40X

Remington 40X-img_2933.jpg
    Not a defensive rifle as such but from 200Yds-to-1000Yds a very good learning experience in marksmanship.

Senior Moderator
    Ooo ...

I'd enjoy owning and shooting that a lot more than I would an AR 15. Thanks for posting it.

Can you tell of your history with that rifle?

Distinguished Member
    Looks like a lefty, too. Don't see many of those around. Nice pic @dennis40x .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My Father loved his. He kept working at it until he finally put 5 .222's into a hole the size of a cigarette. He was in his glory and sent the target off to Sierra to have it measured. They said if it had been done in competition it would have been some kind of record iirr. He also shot many a woodchuck with it in northern NJ back in the 1960's.

Yours is a beauty. Love those sights. It's easy to get hooked with one of them.

Remington 40X-grandpa-scan-5.jpg
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Ooo ...

I'd enjoy owning and shooting that a lot more than I would an AR 15. Thanks for posting it.

Can you tell of your history with that rifle?
    I purchased the Remington 40X-LH from Champions Choice. I then had Jim (now long departed from this place) of Baity's Custom Gun Works of North Wilkesboro NC, modify the rifle to the configuration shown in the photograph. The series of modification's made; 3-Way Adjustable Butt Plate, Trued The Bolt Lugs, Recut The Muzzle Crown, Glass Bed The Action, RPA Sights, Front Ladder Sight For Elevation Changes And Rear Side For Lateral Wind Changes And Minor Elevation Changes And Changed Out The Trigger Guard Floor Plate To A Drop Box Configuration Thus Easier To Seat (5) Rounds.

I don't shot matches much any more and to be honest the new technology has surpassed the 40X and my abilities.: smile:
    bmcgilvray, Grizzly2 and OldVet like this.

Sponsored Links