Blast Diverter

Blast Diverter

This is a discussion on Blast Diverter within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really like the little 10.5" AR except for the blast and fireball a little over a foot from my face, so I picked up ...

Like Tree24Likes
  • 11 Post By subhuman
  • 6 Post By rocky
  • 2 Post By 5lima30ret
  • 3 Post By subhuman
  • 2 Post By Chuck R.

Thread: Blast Diverter

Blast Diverter

I really like the little 10.5" AR except for the blast and fireball a little over a foot from my face, so I picked up this little jewel this morning, it's not a bit quieter but at least all the fire and noise is going away from me now , made by Midwest Industries

If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Enjoy!
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Lead Moderator
    Nice , I have had good luck with a kak pop can style muzzle device on my 7" AR pistol . It diverts the noise forward away from behind the gun .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I have a Lantac Dragon that came on my 10.5" AR. It works well although I can't compare it to anything else other than my 5.56 AK pistol which has the burst type muzzle device. Both are a hoot to shoot!
    OldChap and Pete63 like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I put a 20 round mag through it yesterday evening, I even unseated my ear plugs for a couple of shots, it is still louder than hell but if you have to you can shoot it now without being instantly deaf, but I wouldn't want to light the little beast off inside unless King Kong was coming down the hall to eat me! on the bright side though inside of 10' not only will it put holes in your antagonist but it should set them on fire also with that flame thrower muzzle blast lol
    Poorly, OldChap and Pete63 like this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Nice , I have had good luck with a kak pop can style muzzle device on my 7" AR pistol . It diverts the noise forward away from behind the gun .
    +1+ on the Kak.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Congrats!

They're pretty much "mandatory" on the short barrels unless you're going to suppress.

I put a BRT "Covert" Linear Comp on my pistol. It works, doesn't add weight, and projects blast FWD. Still not a joy to shoot in and around cover though:

subhuman and Pete63 like this.
    homo homini lupus est

Sorry guys but I hate those damn things. Canít hardly take my kid to the range anymore because some fool always shows up with one of these damnable noise makers. And as a bonus most canít hold anything that looks like a group even at pistol distances.

The concussion is just obnoxious.

If you shoot one of these at a public range, youíre just not being considerate of your fellow shooters. Blast diverter or not.

OK, rant off.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

I have a Krinkov brake and a KVP 3.25" magnum comp. The Krinkov works ok, but the KVP works really well at diverting the blast. I don't have any pistol length AR's, so don't know how well it does on those, but on my 16" carbine, the KVP works very good.

The PSA Fluted Flash Can works well for that purpose. I have been interested in a Hatebrake.

Sponsored Links