Springfield Armory Saint

Springfield Armory Saint

This is a discussion on Springfield Armory Saint within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally after 3 years of planning I was able to get my Saint. I was paid for 248 hours of unused annual leave in addition ...

Like Tree25Likes
  • 15 Post By Black Knight
  • 2 Post By sammeow
  • 4 Post By Chuck R.
  • 1 Post By bmcgilvray
  • 2 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 1 Post By t4a8s9j7

Thread: Springfield Armory Saint

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar

Springfield Armory Saint

Finally after 3 years of planning I was able to get my Saint. I was paid for 248 hours of unused annual leave in addition to my last paycheck from when I retired from federal service so the first thing I did was order one from Brownell's. They processed the order and shipped it the same day. I picked it up at my FFL exactly 1 week after ordering it. Great service. I have an old Colt SP1 and compared the two. The Colt rattles like crazy but the Saint is as quiet as a mouse. This Saint is tight. Granted it is not a precision competition rifle but I didn't buy it for that. It is for home defense and maybe later a security patrol rifle. Can't wait to get some more ammo and take it to the range.

What, no pics?

Look forward to your range report of the good and the bad.
    bmcgilvray and 5lima30ret like this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    I have a Saint pistol with an ultra dot sight .

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    Finally after 3 years of planning I was able to get my Saint. I was paid for 248 hours of unused annual leave in addition to my last paycheck from when I retired from federal service so the first thing I did was order one from Brownell's. They processed the order and shipped it the same day. I picked it up at my FFL exactly 1 week after ordering it. Great service. I have an old Colt SP1 and compared the two. The Colt rattles like crazy but the Saint is as quiet as a mouse. This Saint is tight. Granted it is not a precision competition rifle but I didn't buy it for that. It is for home defense and maybe later a security patrol rifle. Can't wait to get some more ammo and take it to the range.
    Congrats!

That's funny cause several of us are working on the same "plan". Five of us are planning on punching out in 5 years effective the last pay period, we're all currently in the use loose category, so 240hrs to start the year. By then I'll be in the 26 days a year group (208hrs). Plan is to try to get a couple overseas trips in and earn enough travel comp time to survive the year, then I'll cash in about 440hrs, which is a little over $25K gross.

I think I'll buy something gun related.....
    homo homini lupus est

Senior Moderator
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

Freedom and responsibility appear to have been no more than an experimental blip in human history.

Congratulations on retirement and the new rifle! Good friend of mine recently picked up a Saint Victor. I too was impressed with how tight the rifle seemed to be put together and it had a very good trigger on it.
    matthew03 and Rock and Glock like this.

Congrats! I've been eyeballing the Saint pistols some at the $575 or so price point.

Congrats!

I have a Saint in 5.56....I really like the fit, feel but still gotta get out and shoot it.

I have had one for almost 3 years now and although I have not shot it a lot when I did I enjoyed it and it was very accurate right out of the box.

I just ordered a Saint Edge and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I want a .308 saint pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springfield Armory Saint-img_0984.jpg

Finally received both my scope and red dot this past weekend so finally got to mount them.

Next step: sighting in!
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Sponsored Links