Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? - Page 13

Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

This is a discussion on Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Vote wisely in the next election folks. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk...

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

Vote wisely in the next election folks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by patriotblazer View Post
    It's heart breaking. Virginia is the gun friendly capital of the United States,and it's been. Hijacked by a Democrat governor. Wake up people. They won't come door to door. They'll just legislate you and I right out of carrying your guns. Vote wisely next election people. Pennsylvania is also being hijacked by another ass from the Democratic party.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yes and I just realized the other day when I walked into the ABC store that because it's a function of the executive branch l, which I didn't know ,we're not allowed in there with concealed carry. it was a photocopy the sign posted. Reference to the executive order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    patriotblazer likes this.
    "To disarm the people...is the most effectual way to enslave them." - George Mason
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samuel Adams
    NRA Member, CCW Safe

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    Very few and only where spontaneous is likely to occur.

As for colleges, any person permitted to carry by that state should be permitted to carry on a college campus. They are all adults after all.

I also think parents dropping their children off at school should be allowed to carry in their privately owned vehicle.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

IMHO...NO , not on campus. But YES to off campus housing(other than frat houses) and also allow in their personal vehicles wherever it is parked. Call it lack of faith in their judgment as a whole and the whole alcohol, drug environment problem. I also believe armed security SHOULD be on campus. Just my opinion, not gonna debate it...

Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    IMHO...NO , not on campus. But YES to off campus housing(other than frat houses) and also allow in their personal vehicles wherever it is parked. Call it lack of faith in their judgment as a whole and the whole alcohol, drug environment problem. I also believe armed security SHOULD be on campus. Just my opinion, not gonna debate it...
    My grand daughter is 18 and just went off to college and though she can't carry till 21 I am teaching her to be a responsible gun owner. Coed assaults and rapes are increasing and the schools themselves pretend they don't happen or coverup the event. Especially where athletes are involved. Case in point just look at what has been happening at Baylor University in Waco, TX.

My granddaughter's stimulant of choice is coffee (macchiato ) in the morning and she'd rather be at a church sponsored event than a Frat party.
    1911srule likes this.
    Gun culture at its best is rooted in a desire to protect, and especially to protect the people we love-Rachel Lu (University of St. Thomas)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    My grand daughter is 18 and just went off to college and though she can't carry till 21 I am teaching her to be a responsible gun owner. Coed assaults and rapes are increasing and the schools themselves pretend they don't happen or coverup the event. Especially where athletes are involved. Case in point just look at what has been happening at Baylor University in Waco, TX.

My granddaughter's stimulant of choice is coffee (macchiato ) in the morning and she'd rather be at a church sponsored event than a Frat party.
    Good, but unfortunately she may be in a very small minority with that mindset. My kid shared the same kind of guts as your grand daughter, thankfully. I know there are a few good colleges and plenty of responsible decent kids. Sadly they are outnumbered imo, and most liberal run colleges turn a blind eye to the alcohol abuse. I would venture a guess the majority of sexual assaults occur under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. Peer pressure is powerful, most find it hard to resist for fear of social rejection. As for the guns in dorms, ect. No matter how responsible one's kid is. They are surrounded by the opposite. In addition, rooms are not secure, at some point in time that firearm could fall into the wrong hands imho.

^^^ What happened to not gonna debate it???

Good, but unfortunately she may be in a very small minority with that mindset. My kid shared the same kind of guts as your grand daughter, thankfully. I know there are a few good colleges and plenty of responsible decent kids. Sadly they are outnumbered imo, and most liberal run colleges turn a blind eye to the alcohol abuse. I would venture a guess the majority of sexual assaults occur under the influence of either drugs or alcohol. Peer pressure is powerful, most find it hard to resist for fear of social rejection. As for the guns in dorms, ect. No matter how responsible one's kid is. They are surrounded by the opposite. In addition, rooms are not secure, at some point in time that firearm could fall into the wrong hands imho.
    I get why you think drunk kids with guns in relatively unsecured dorms might be bad, but how many people are over age 21 and still live in the dorms? Put the image of the average college kid out of your head because that is not the real subject of this discussion. The only people who would be affected are 21+ and have fulfilled the requirements of their state to obtain a license to carry a gun. Think about the average person with a concealed permit. Should that person be banned from carrying on campus? That's the real question. Keep in mind that on average, concealed carriers are less likely to commit murder than even LEOs.
    Police Officers Three Times More Likely to Murder Than Concealed Carry Permit Holders

And what happens when there is a mass shooting at the school? The lefties would have you believe that having an armed civilian will only add to the body count. This study shows that could not be further from the truth.
    The average number of people killed in mass shootings when stopped by police is 14.29

The average number of people killed in a mass shooting when stopped by a civilian is 2.33
    Auditing Shooting Rampage Statistics - Daily Anarchist
    wizard7mm08 likes this.

But as soon as they step off campus they have good enough judgement?

And on the other hand, those of us who decided to use the GI bill after leaving the military, carrying, and shooting guns on a regular basis, somehow no longer have good enough judgement?

Don't put words in my mouth. I stand by my post...

Don't put words in my mouth. I stand by my post...
    Who is putting words in your mouth? You wrote the post, not me.

You wanna CCW on campus wearing your super hero cape. Go for it.

So you consider those that have CC Permits as "super hero wannabes"?

That is a theme promulgated by the Million Mommies.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk
    Havok likes this.

Did you SERIOUSLY just post something as ignorant as that?
    JoeLiberty, wizard7mm08 and Havok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Strmwatch View Post
    Did you SERIOUSLY just post something as ignorant as that?
    Its not an issue thankfully with most people I've communicated with who CCW. BUT there are those out there with that mindset. Again its just MY opinion. I accept the fact there are certain places we cannot CCW. I'm OK with a college campus being one of them. So burn me at the stake I don't care...

Its not an issue thankfully with most people I've communicated with who CCW. BUT there are those out there with that mindset. Again its just MY opinion. I accept the fact there are certain places we cannot CCW. I'm OK with a college campus being one of them. So burn me at the stake I don't care...
    I am going to try and not sound too harsh and you are entitled to your opinion....

But, the mere fact that you are willing to accept the loss of rights that this entails is a huge reason that gun rights almost disappeared in this country.

Unless everyone stands up and refuses to allow our rights to be taken, it will continue to occur.

I know, you don't see the "need".

Rights are not about needs.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk
    SteveMac and Havok like this.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links