Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? - Page 18

Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

This is a discussion on Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; is shouldn't be permitted there are a lot of kids who haven't discover themselves yet. having them carry forearm in colleges can be dangerous, some ...

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

Ex Member Array kazaroflashkick's Avatar
    is shouldn't be permitted there are a lot of kids who haven't discover themselves yet. having them carry forearm in colleges can be dangerous, some youngster go through hard times at home and they can take it out on someone else.
    oldman45 likes this.

YES

UNC annual crime report shows rise in interpersonal violence

CHAPEL HILL, NC (WTVD) --
    University police at UNC Chapel Hill recently released annual crime statistics for 2015 and incidents of stalking, dating violence and domestic violence have risen since 2013.

According to the report those incidents are up from 25 incidents in 2013 to 68 incidents in 2015, with reports of domestic violence rising from 5 to 15, dating violence rising from 6 to 18 and stalking 14 to 35.
    UNC annual crime report shows rise in interpersonal violence | abc11.com

When I went back to college a few years back we all had to attend a mandatory safety briefing by the chief of security, he commented how much safer the campus was after they installed the “Blue Boxes”. He said all you had to do was push the button and security would be dispatched, he was not pleased with my comment “That’s cute, now you know just where to go to recover the body”.
    1911srule, Cricket, Havok and 3 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

A step in the right direction for any school or public building should be windows that allow egress to the outside. Instead many in use would tend to trap victims.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kazaroflashkick View Post
    is shouldn't be permitted there are a lot of kids who haven't discover themselves yet. having them carry firearm in colleges can be dangerous, some youngsters go through hard times at home and they can take it out on someone else.
    At age 21 these young Adults are given their full legal 2nd amendment rights.

Going along with your thoughts then children on up should not be allowed to hunt or handle a firearm.There is a large percentage of older middle aged adults currently going to college.

Should those same possibly dangerous, possibly revenge seeking, young adults be allowed to carry outside of Gun free zones?

At what age do you think young adults should be allowed their 2nd amendment rights?
    msgt/ret, Cricket, Havok and 2 others like this.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Wayne
    NRA member 18 yrs.

is shouldn't be permitted there are a lot of kids who haven't discover themselves yet. having them carry forearm in colleges can be dangerous, some youngster go through hard times at home and they can take it out on someone else.
    I disagree with that statement as it is the same worn out claim anti-gunners howl any time there is a pro-gun proposal approved, the old lame; blood will flow in the streets, people will have shoot outs over parking spaces ad nauseam.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    YES

UNC annual crime report shows rise in interpersonal violence | abc11.com

When I went back to college a few years back we all had to attend a mandatory safety briefing by the chief of security, he commented how much safer the campus was after they installed the “Blue Boxes”. He said all you had to do was push the button and security would be dispatched, he was not pleased with my comment “That’s cute, now you know just where to go to recover the body”.
    We have those blue boxes on my campus, except we have no security. It dispatches the local PD, which is on the other side of town. When I was taking night classes, I noticed no significant increase in police patrols around campus. Sure made me feel safe.

I have also observed that many of those who don't want youngin's carrying guns on campus haven't been youngin's for quite some time.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

If it is private property it should be up to the owner. If it is public then carrying should be allowed.

There is a flip side to that coin. There are a great deal of older adults who have decided to commit violence because they lost their way. They could go through hard times and take it out on someone else. Lost their job, lose a spouse or kid, maybe lose their home. All kinds of situations that could push them over the edge and thus they should not carry a firearm.

Or we could just say at 21 you're an adult and legally allowed to carry a firearm.

I did some volunteer work at a local state university a few years back. They had a cadre of fat sweater vest women working security for the stadium. They were asking people to return folding knives to their cars, peeking in bags, etc. I asked them what they would do if someone pulled a gun from a diaper bag and started shooting. They said there were cops somewhere on campus. I never saw one the whole time I was there. I was wearing two guns at the time, as I usually do, and I told them that CCW's were legal since it was a public school. They didn't think so, and didn't have a shred of self defense equipment, save their sheer size one could hide behind. I think a person with a good CCW is probably the only thing a campus could count on for stopping a lunatic. I would hope if there was a problem at my kids school someone there is armed.

I'm a little late to the show on this one, but here is my response.

The liberal whiners always talk about the drunken college kids. What about faculty & staff? My wife is a brilliant woman. PhD from Texas A&M, over 50 publications, fully tenured college professor, etc. She is also has her CHL and is a great shot. Why should she be denied her right to defend herself?
    oldman45, RNHumel, sdprof and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromHuntsvil View Post

The liberal whiners always talk about the drunken college kids. What about faculty & staff? My wife is a brilliant woman. PhD from Texas A&M, over 50 publications, fully tenured college professor, etc. She is also has her CHL and is a great shot. Why should she be denied her right to defend herself?
    have you ever seen the video of all the drunken college kids assembling on the roof of a garage, and then the roof collapses?
    Roof collapses during Cal Poly San Luis Obispo party; 8 injured | abc7.com
    it doesn't take a liberal whiner to spot a group of idiots

otherwise, 21 or older, no criminal record dictating otherwise - good to go!
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromHuntsvil View Post

Agreed but TX does allow guns on campus.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Of course guns should be allowed to be carried on campus by adults in America. Any place that harbors and encourages the lunatic fringe, particularly at liberal propaganda centers, is extremely dangerous and decent people should always have the unfettered right to defend themselves. Not very long after the riots and violence at UCSB, I wanted to carry my revolver on campus and in Isla Vista. That patchouli crowd is dangerous in high concentrations.
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post
    Agreed but TX does allow guns on campus.
    Yes, I know:)

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    have you ever seen the video of all the drunken college kids assembling on the roof of a garage, and then the roof collapses?
    Roof collapses during Cal Poly San Luis Obispo party; 8 injured | abc7.com
    it doesn't take a liberal whiner to spot a group of idiots

otherwise, 21 or older, no criminal record dictating otherwise - good to go!
    Agreed. I was directing it more to the generalization by the anti gunners that group everyone on campus is a 18 year old drunken frat boy.
    Last edited by GuyFromHuntsvil; October 19th, 2016 at 10:35 PM.
    wizard7mm08 likes this.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links