Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? - Page 24

Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

This is a discussion on Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Originally Posted by ingram4868 If we are talking about open carry I feel that teachers and students can be intimated at seeing firearms. If you ...

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

Quote Originally Posted by ingram4868 View Post
    If we are talking about open carry I feel that teachers and students can be intimated at seeing firearms. If you know how to CC properly then there is no difference between a college classroom and the local supermarket because no one will know.
    Are they more intimidated when in a classroom than if the same people were together at say, the grocery store?
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Yes, guns should certainly be permitted on campus. Until there are crime-free zones, there should be no gun-free zones.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

I believe I should be able to carry at school. As a college student in missouri I am not allowed to even have my gun in my truck which requires me to leave it at home... well then what's the point in having it at all right? So I either run the risk of getting some new bracelets or needing it and not having it on my way to or from class. Even if it requires letting the school know that I wish to carry on campus I would do it. My school has about 4 or 5 "security" officers armed with a single glock 19 but I trust my life more with my 10 rounds of critical defense than I every would at the hands of somebody else. Yes they have a numbers advantage on their side for protecting the school but I'm more worried about protecting myself in the face of danger first and the lives around me 2nd.
    maxwell97 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As a student, I carry on occasion on campus, especially after a major event involving students. I can see why they dislike it, as most students are not even old enough to buy ammo for said firearms. With that said I believe we have a right to carry as we please, campus PD can't be everywhere at once. Simply put.
    wizard7mm08 and Havok like this.

VIP Member
    Well, it didn't take long for anti- campus carry to be brought up again. One problem. The student who killed the officer was commiting 3 crimes already. 19 year old in posession of a pistol (illegal), gun was stolen, & selling drugs on campus. I guess he should know better, & follow the law!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...campus-n809841
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

they should ban murder on campus too! It looks like they realized they canít blame this on campus carry, but they probably donít truly understand how stupid it is to think someone would need a concealed carry permit to commit murder.
    wizard7mm08 and PhaedrusIV like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Colleges are very liberal environments, generally. So naturally it's probably going to lean against guns.

Plus, I'm sure there's some that look at college students as being dramatically less mature and don't want them toting around a firearm because of that. Which there are some students that are very immature, and there are others that aren't, much like every other population.

I do think you should be allowed to carry at college campuses however. Especially when you consider the current events. It's very possible for it to be a target for a killer and has been in the past. Why ignore this?

Should Guns be Permitted on College Campuses?

Yes.

Should've put a simple YES/NO poll on this thread.
    kuux, msgt/ret and TimBob like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by kerberos View Post
    Should Guns be Permitted on College Campuses?

Yes.

Should've put a simple YES/NO poll on this thread.
    Quite agree.

There's something stupid about having to secure my gun in my car's gun safe just to walk across campus for work related items and a meeting.

That holds true for many other places where it's deemed "no guns allowed," etc. Stupid.
    kerberos and TimBob like this.
    U.S. Marine Corps 1964 - 1968

U.S. Army 1969 - 1973

USCCA

Gun-free zone = shooting gallery! Students have the right to protect themselves as adult citizens. I like the woman who finally open carried after graduation. As a guest, she was allowed to protect herself. As a student, she was an open target.
    randy629 likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24

Sponsored Links