Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? - Page 4

Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

This is a discussion on Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; I had guns in my dorm rooms during the '60s and again in the mid '70s and never had a problem. Of course they were ...

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Should Guns Be Permitted on College Campuses?

I had guns in my dorm rooms during the '60s and again in the mid '70s and never had a problem. Of course they were well hidden and no one knew. ��
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

yes. They are old enough to serve in the Military, what turns them into knuckle dragging idiots when they step on a college campus?
    kukla and gatorbait51 like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

I work on a college campus and while we can carry concealed "on campus", we cannot carry inside buildings. I work in a very visible building that sees lots of foot traffic from general public as well and there is a real need for protection.

At very least faculty/staff like myself with CWP should be allowed to carry inside buildings.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    As far as I know, one has to be 21 to acquire a CC permit in all states. Given that the majority of kids on campus are below that age, I don't have much of an issue with it. The ones that are still there after three years, most likely are going to be busy finishing the degree and have also probably matured to the point that I would trust them to be smart with the gun.

So yeah, for the 30% or so of students on campus that are legally old enough, they shouldn't lose a right in the pursuit of knowledge.

For those of us visiting a college campus, I see no justification for the banning of a concealed weapon that is otherwise being legally carried.
    USMC will give you a fully auto weapon at age 18...............
    rcsoftexas likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I haven't posted here in awhile. Mr Administrator: message for you! You do not need to start a conversation to get the ball rolling. FOlks here can already do that. And please do not tell me that you actually have an interest in the subject. You do not. You and the other admins of other sites try to generate conversation which means revenue for you and your company. You and your cohorts are trying to make this forum into a side show.

Yes, I follow you and the admins on the other forums you have bought. Do not even try to to hide the fact that is what you are doing. It is. It is plain to see and easy to prove.

Cricket, for example, with her starting the stupidest threads on Woodworking Talk. Need I go further. Yes, you will still make revenue. But anyone with half a brain can see where you are going with this tactic.

Why do you not just be an admin and sit on the sidelines and let the members decide what topics they want to start.

You guys are doing this crap on every forum yo have bought. This is NOT Facebook or twitter.

Thank you for your time
    Suntzu, I have always admired your honesty.

This reminds me of a joke I recently saw on Facebook, slightly modified, about why genuinely honest people don't get hired:

Interviewer: "What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?"

Applicant: "My honesty."

Interviewer: "I don't think honesty is a weakness."

Applicant: "I don't give a crap about what you think."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Yes, by those who have proper paper work and training.

Is this part of the second amendment or new liberal Gestapo tactics?
    Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everyone that you meet. General James "Mad Dog" Mattis USMC

A .380 in your pocket is better than a 45 in your truck.

Lead Moderator
    Gun Free Zones = Target Rich Environments.

Gun Free Zones are unconstitutional.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    Is this part of the second amendment or new liberal Gestapo tactics?
    When 2A was drafted, learning how to use a gun properly was probably part of EVERY kid's "curriculum".
    Times change, and the number of kids that are raised around guns shrinks daily.

Those changing times have also brought about many court decisions on what the amendments "cover" as things have cropped up that were never DREAMED of when the BOR was drafted.

Perhaps it's not a terrible idea that people can demonstrate that they have half a clue BEFORE they get a gun (keeping in mind all the instances of accidental discharge by people who handled a gun before they had any idea what they were doing).
    I'm OK with a Dr. requiring training before (s)he can pick up a scalpel to remove that bullet. Maybe some training for the person pulling the trigger ain't so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Gun Free Zones = Target Rich Environments.

Gun Free Zones are unconstitutional.
    My friend owns a restaurant that is a gun-free zone.
    Can you explain how that is "unconstitutional"?
    Chicagobill and corneileous like this.

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    Absolutely positively yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    USMC will give you a fully auto weapon at age 18...............
    Yep. Along with a complete chain of command to tell you what to do with it. Not to mention, the conditioning required to make one into a soldier/sailor, something keggers on the weekend don't exactly accomplish.
    Chicagobill and corneileous like this.

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    Can you explain how that is "unconstitutional"?[/QUOTE]

Simple. Shall not infringe.
    By the way does he carry?

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabill View Post
    Yes, by those who have proper paper work and training.
    Quote Originally Posted by robbnj View Post
    When 2A was drafted, learning how to use a gun properly was probably part of EVERY kid's "curriculum".
    Times change, and the number of kids that are raised around guns shrinks daily.

Those changing times have also brought about many court decisions on what the amendments "cover" as things have cropped up that were never DREAMED of when the BOR was drafted.

Perhaps it's not a terrible idea that people can demonstrate that they have half a clue BEFORE they get a gun (keeping in mind all the instances of accidental discharge by people who handled a gun before they had any idea what they were doing).
    I'm OK with a Dr. requiring training before (s)he can pick up a scalpel to remove that bullet. Maybe some training for the person pulling the trigger ain't so bad.

so those of us in Constitutional Carry states should be required to get on your "list" in order to carry on college campuses?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagobill View Post
    Simple. Shall not infringe.
    By the way does he carry?[/QUOTE]

Please explain a little further.

My right to free speech shall not be infringed upon.
    Does that mean I can go into a theater and shout "fire" at will?

A person's right to private property shall not be infringed.
    Does your simple explanation mean a person cannot set the rules for what does and does not occur on their private property?
    If I allow you on my land, am I allowed to kick you off my land if you start exercising your right to free speech by proselytizing about the KKK?
    corneileous and Chicagobill like this.

Oh NO!!! Blood in the hallways. Every cafeteria food fight will end in a mass shooting.

I took night classes at the University of West Florida 17 years ago. They had problems with a rapist running around campus so the bookstore started selling whistles and had us all walk in groups when we left class at 11:00 p.m. We weren't allowed to have a weapon on campus - not even secured in our vehicle. I couldn't carry a weapon when I was going to have class that night. It was all BS. Hundreds of thousands of Floridians carried weapons just off campus and less than .004% of them ever committed a firearms-related crime. The liberals running the schools thought that we would become crazed gunmen as soon as we got on campus.
    gatorbait51, rcsoftexas and baren like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. 74-96.

An election is coming. Universal peace is declared, and the foxes have a sincere interest in prolonging the lives of the poultry. ~George Eliot,

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveCarry View Post

Once again, the debate, as to whether or not concealed weapons should be allowed on college campuses (or in classrooms) is in the news as more states pass laws allowing it.

In Texas, some college professors are suing over guns being allowed in their classrooms.

Are there some places that should be gun free zones? Why? Why not?
    No where should be a come kill me zone .
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links