Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Carry vs Concealed carry? - Page 18

Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Carry vs Concealed carry?

This is a discussion on Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Carry vs Concealed carry? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; ONE of the reasons I limit myself to a very small number of handguns is so that I can have a properly fitted holster for ...

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Advantages and Disadvantages of Open Carry vs Concealed carry?

ONE of the reasons I limit myself to a very small number of handguns is so that I can have a properly fitted holster for each of them. I bought a Galco CM with each pistol. With further experience I've decided to replace them with Kramer holsters for my carry guns. I doubt I'll ever need to replace the Kramers

With all due respect when I see a Cross Breed I assume little or no actual training
    forester58 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    I could hardly disagree more than I do with John in the youTube you've attached. I think virtually all of his points are invalid and I wear the Galco KingTuk daily with my G29 tucked inside.
    1. He complains about floppiness. For an OWB holster, certainly floppiness is something to be avoided. But IWB like these hybrids? It doesn't flop, it can't flop in the axis shown, it's pressed firmly against my bod by the belt worn and held pretty securely by the belt clips.

2. He complains about the small space in the portion of the holster covering the trigger guard. Remembering that this is worn IWB, I'd argue that the trigger protection is more than adaquate. Even busting through heavy brush, there's no way for anything to protrude down inside the trigger guard to active the trigger.

3. He has a bit of a point about the retention of a firearm in the holster, but I think it's only valid when you've loosened your belt and dropped your drawers. So long as your belt is properly tightened, retention is not an issue at all. I used a heat gun and adjusted the retention on my KingTuk to be a bit tighter than original, I wanted it to retain the loaded firearm even when inverted and shook a bit.

4. He complains that the kydex cracks. It may eventually but I've been wearing this KingTuk for a few years now, no cracks yet.

5. Loops vs clips - arguable. Clips are certainly more convenient, loops more secure. At this point, reminding that I've been wearing my KingTuk for a few years now, I've never had a problem with the clips sliding off of my belt nor are mine bent at this point. I admit they could become bent if they were to become snagged on something but that's not very likely in my case, I always wear my shirttail untucked with this holster.

6. His complaint about the slide sweat flap and muzzling himself when reholstering. I reholster differently than he does, I hold the flap against my body with my weak hand and I am very cautious when reholstering with any IWB holster.

7. The Galco KingTuk is thinner than the all kydex holster he shows.
    Rock and Glock and OD* like this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member
    Gun Owners of America
    Electronic Frontiers Foundation https://www.eff.org/ - defending digital privacy and free speech including forums such as this one

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post

ONE of the reasons I limit myself to a very small number of handguns is so that I can have a properly fitted holster for each of them. I bought a Galco CM with each pistol. With further experience I've decided to replace them with Kramer holsters for my carry guns. I doubt I'll ever need to replace the Kramers

With all due respect when I see a Cross Breed I assume little or no actual training
    I don't have any plastic guns so I don't need any plastic holsters.
    SatCong, Cypher and OD* like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rcsoftexas View Post

In numerous cases, the “good guy with a gun” theory pushed by the NRA and its adherents has failed to prove itself. Of the many mass shootings that occur in this country every year, it’s extremely rare that an armed citizen saves the day.
    That's because they most always happen in "gun free" zones.
    Havok likes this.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Sponsored Links