Purpose built AR's - Page 6

Purpose built AR's

This is a discussion on Purpose built AR's within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Factory Specified Size Measures M16/AR-15 Maximum Headspace Made to the Colt factory's special dimensions for M16/AR-15 rifles. It measures the maximum factory acceptable headspace; an ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Purpose built AR's

Lead Moderator
    Factory Specified Size Measures M16/AR-15 Maximum Headspace Made to the Colt factory's special dimensions for M16/AR-15 rifles. It measures the maximum factory acceptable headspace; an essential check on guns that have seen extensive service or have been rebarreled.
    I see a lot of people using Field gages.

From what I understand, they were used by military armorers in a time when they needed every available rifle that could shoot. For maximum accuracy, I use only the "go" gage as a field gage is way too long.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I see a lot of people using Field gages.

From what I understand, they were used by military armorers in a time when they needed every available rifle that could shoot. For maximum accuracy, I use only the "go" gage as a field gage is way too long.
    Agreed, the "Field Gauge" is the final safety check as quite a few 5.56 and Wylde chambered guns will close on a standard N0-Go gauge and still be considered "safe" to fire. I've got one now I'm working on that failed a .223 No-Go gauge, but passed a Field Gauge. After correspondence with the bolt manufacturer and sending him gauge results, they sent me a new bolt that passes both.

Chuck
    homo homini lupus est

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Sponsored Links