Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance? - Page 5

Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

This is a discussion on Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; I don't hold out too much hope for an insurance company to save my butt, but like Rainsong said, a hundred or so dollars a ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

I don't hold out too much hope for an insurance company to save my butt, but like Rainsong said, a hundred or so dollars a year isn't that big a deal and might prove to be helpful somehow. I'll probably sign up.

If someone is into research, a simple comparison of plans might help us make an informed decision.
    Rainsong likes this.
    U.S. Army 11B40

VIP Member
    If what was posted is true I'd be cancelling my policy with the NRA.
    I like all kinds of foreign guns:

"Arm yourself because no one else here will save you..."

Quote Originally Posted by Rainsong View Post
    Jsut got this email (I'm a CCW Safe customer). I didn't know if any of these insurance companies ever had to put up or shut up. It appears CCW Safe has. I think I will stick with it for $129/yr.

CCW safe is proud to announce that after a two week Murder trial a CCW Safe member was found Not Guilty in the first full self defense murder trial in the industry. For the last two years the company has funded the defense of a member involved in a self defense shooting. He was attacked twice at an event and retreated to his vehicle to retrieve his firearm when he was confronted again by his attacker. He gave warning and then shot and killed the attacker as he was attacked a third time. He was charged with Murder. Within 24 hours, CCW Safe had boots on the ground. The member was bonded out of jail, highly reputable and experienced criminal defense lawyers entered appearances for his defense, expert witnesses were later hired who are leaders in their field, as well as the in-house consultation resources of CCW Safe's experienced advisory board and trial consultants.
    CCW Safe has spent over $300,000 in attorneys fees and costs in the defense of this member. Yet, our member has never received a bill or an invoice from any of the people or companies who have spent the last two years working hard to make sure he remains free. If this case involved a member of NRA Carry Guard, USCCA or US law shield, he would have had to spend a tremendous amount of money out of pocket with only a hope of being reimbursed. For instance, under the NRA Carry Guard model, he would be responsible for 80% of the expenses until he was acquitted. Only then would he receive a reimbursement for the remaining 80%. That would've resulted in our member declaring bankruptcy. Had he been convicted, none of our competitors would have paid. CCW Safe is the only company that not only defends and pays, we stand behind decision to use force.
    CCW Safe's Claims Committee is planning a video series that will feature National Trial Counsel, Don West, and the Defense team who tried the case. Throughout the two year fight the defense lawyers have said numerous times that they were blown away by the expertise and resources provided to them by CCW safe. CCW Safe provided at no cost to our member, jury consultants, trial exhibit consultants, Don West as a trial strategy consultant along with retired homicide investigators providing case analysis and focus for the cross examination of the authorities who botched the investigation. This case stands as a direct example of why CCW safe is the ONLY company who can honestly say, "CCW Safe. Backed by Experts. Backed by Insurance."
    This just may be the ticket, $129.00 a year is a great price for a service that can provide that level of help!

Thanks!!
    Rainsong and Rock and Glock like this.
    “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

― Jim Elliot

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Guess not.

Distinguished Member Array Rainsong's Avatar
    Albuquerque, NM (although not really NEW, not really MEXICO!)
    Quote Originally Posted by rmak View Post
    I don't hold out too much hope for an insurance company to save my butt, but like Rainsong said, a hundred or so dollars a year isn't that big a deal and might prove to be helpful somehow. I'll probably sign up.

If someone is into research, a simple comparison of plans might help us make an informed decision.
    This comparison is pretty simple. :)

https://peoplevine.blob.core.windows...ison_guide.png
    rmak and Rock and Glock like this.

CZ 2075 RAMI 9mm, CZ75 B 9mm
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm
    Taurus TCP 738 .380
    Ruger LCP Custom .380
    SIg Sauer P938 9mm (Wife's)
    Sig Sauer P238 .380 (Wife's)

New to the forum but I have been speaking to several companies trying to decide if it is worth it and which would be the best fit.
    One thing I did find out is that with the NRA coverage, they pay 20% of the legal fees up front. If you are found guilty, they do not pay any more. USCCA covers 100% up front.
    As I live in NY, legal issues are magnified 100X so while it may pay for me to have insurance, it may not pay for someone in a more fair state. In NY, they will not quit until they find you guilty of something if it has to be littering.
    Has anyone seen a newer comparison table?
    I am looking for any info good or bad, mostly bad.

Ex Member Array USCCASocialCare's Avatar
    For the whole thread;

Something to keep an eye out for in any provider when it comes to looking into their product is "What do they cover on both the criminal and civil side,".

There are many that do both, but some only cover court costs and attorney fees, which can leave you holding the tab when a damages suit comes down in civil court. (This is because damages paid to a plaintiff are not classified as attorney fees.)

The Solution:

Call every provider you can.

Drill deep and listen how they describe their own product; take a ton of notes. Make sure you ask each provider the same battery of questions.

If your attending rep at XYZ Self Defense Insurance doesn't know an answer, ask them to find it!

I know I've mentioned the above in a few other threads, but if this type of protection is a fit for you, when selecting something as important as carry insurance* you can never have too much information.

(@sparks25 I think this next section might help with your request above).

For those programs that are backed by insurance policies/companies, ask to see their Coverage Form for members/participants/whatever they call their customers.

This highlights the portions that are pertinent to you, the consumer. Should a company be reluctant to share their coverage form, that might be a red flag.

If they have a comparison chart for one or more providers versus their coverage, ask for it! A lot of times these are avaialble in easy PDFs to share and read. (Be sure to compare all comparison charts too, particularly if they are dated.)

These charts can make a great battery of questions for when you call a provider and a good tool to encourage discussion on what your needs are.

Bottom line, reach out, you'll be glad you did. :)

Robb
    USCCA Social Care

*I use the term "Carry Insurance" as a blanket term for the entire industry, for ease of understanding. Each program will have its own way of referring to itself, e.g "Insurance-backed Membership Benefits" for USCCA.
    AnthonyC and blueeagle1973 like this.

Distinguished Member Array dV8r's Avatar

Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

Thanks to 0bama and mandatory insurance issued with 'preconditions' you can wait to get it until after you shoot someone.
    Michael_Js and ETXhiker like this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Thanks to 0bama and mandatory insurance issued with 'preconditions' you can wait to get it until after you get shot by someone.
    There.
    Libertywheel likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    Thanks to 0bama and mandatory insurance issued with 'preconditions' you can wait to get it until after you shoot someone.
    Er..That's health insurance mon ami.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    That's an easy statement to make, but not always easy to achieve. My wife had worked for the state for many years and was waiting on her retirement to kick in before we could leave. We left within 6 months of her retirement, but had been actively searching for an acceptable place to move for 3 years. I am sure there are other forum members who have businesses, family obligations, etc. that make it difficult for them to just pick up and move.
    My story is somewhat similar in that it would severely impact other parts of my life if I were to move out of state. I couldn't help where I was born and raised. As I got older I was focused almost completing school and getting a job as my wife was starting grad school. Before I knew it I had bought a home, a partner at a medical pracitce and part-owner of our office. I only came to a political awakening after my second child was born and even later when I became interested in self defense as part of personal freedom, liberty and responsibility. Being late to the game does not make me less committed however the reality is that my family's financial security would be seriously compromised. Not to mention that I live 30 minutes from one set of grandparents and 5 hours drive from another (which make weekend trips doable). They are my responsibility therefore I bide my time.
    G26Raven likes this.

Distinguished Member Array dV8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Er..That's health insurance mon ami.
    Shooting someone is detrimental to their "health" is it not?
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

I am on with the USCCA

No way

I'm a CCWSafe member.

I never gave it much thought until someone close to me had to use their sidearm in a defensive shooting. He was also a CCWSafe member.

I saw first hand his legal counsel and representation as I was interviewed by the attorney as a character witness should the need arise.

The man hours I personally know of him spending with the attorney was around 15-20 hours or so.

Typical attorney rates are $250-$500/hour.

Do the math.

The annual membership premium is peanuts in comparison to attorney retainer fees and worth every penny in my opinion.
    bjrjar and blueeagle1973 like this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links