Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance? - Page 7

Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

This is a discussion on Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; If you carry a firearm because you think you might need it someday....then...you might want to carry insurance against lawsuits for the same reason. If ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Do You Need Concealed Carry Insurance?

If you carry a firearm because you think you might need it someday....then...you might want to carry insurance against lawsuits for the same reason. If you don't need the insurance, don't carry a firearm. Your first obstacle will be (in some states) the local prosecutor and his biases....the second is the family of the deceased (I assume here that the shooting recipient is deceased) who can sue you any time for anything in any state. They may well bump into a law that says you are OK, but they can still sue. This will not be cheap for sure. I assume you have a house or car and have insurance for both. Ask yourself why do I carry that type insurance? If you do decide to carry insurance, you should look carefully at the plan and how it operates in case you need it. The answers are very important. Do you incur the expense and then it pays or does it start right away with legal and financial input?
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

VIP Member
    I understand your opinion, but I disagree with some of it. "If you don't need the insurance, don't carry a firearm."...shouldn't have to explain why I don't like that part, but I will.

That's like saying "If you haven't taken a training class, you can't have a gun."

or

"If you're going to carry, you have to carry concealed or you're doing it wrong. "

There's a difference between stating my own opinion, and explaining why I hold it, and telling someone else what they have to do.

The rest is thought-provoking.

Distinguished Member
    No...
    Nor do I have freedom of speech insurance, unlawful search and seizure insurance, etc... etc...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    I understand your opinion, but I disagree with some of it. "If you don't need the insurance, don't carry a firearm."...shouldn't have to explain why I don't like that part, but I will.

That's like saying "If you haven't taken a training class, you can't have a gun."

or

"If you're going to carry, you have to carry concealed or you're doing it wrong. "

There's a difference between stating my own opinion, and explaining why I hold it, and telling someone else what they have to do.

The rest is thought-provoking.
    I am glad you recognize my statements as opinion. The comments about carrying and insurance are cautionary in that some have used their firearm legally and still suffer huge economic loss...I am not sure this is a good life plan. The reason to strongly consider having post shooting insurance, as I opine, is the same for firearm insurance as it is for car or home insurance. You make comparisons that are not quite on point. I don't believe that training classes are a prerequisite (which I did not say) for carrying but having that training might make it easier to answer questions on that point in court when you are being sued for "wrongful death". I also did not say that carrying "concealed" was required to "do it right" You assigned positions to me that I did not take. I am most certainly not telling anyone what to do....if you got that from my post, I apologize. By the same token, I would not advise anyone to cancel their home or car insurance. Insurance is one of the most painful things we buy since it is to mitigate situations that.... may never happen. If someone were to ask you if they should carry car insurance, what would you tell them? The whole point of this thread seems to me to ask that question about carrying post shooting insurance. Since I actually like you...my answer would be yes.
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

VIP Member
    "That's like saying..." prefaces my two examples, and did not assign my examples to you at all. "like" means similar to. MY two examples illustrate situations where someone states dogmatic rules for others, based on their opinion.

"If you don't need the insurance, don't carry a firearm." is such a statement. Those are the ONLY words which I assigned to you, and those are the words I take issue with. Not choosing to carry insurance is a separate issue from being told "don't carry a firearm." The rest of the post is good for consideration and making choices.

Another example (which you also did not say) would be: If you don't carry a security holster, don't carry a firearm. The second phrase is not validated by the first phrase. If you would tell me(which you didn't) "If you are a convicted felon, don't carry a firearm", that would be correct.

Another way of saying it: "Don't tell me what to do, if I happen to disagree with your opinion. "

There is an old saying: "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of a friend." That means when friends get together and talk, and dispute, correct, and encourage one another, they both come away better for it. That's how this forum should work. Arguments concern information...they shouldn't define friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    "That's like saying..." prefaces my two examples, and did not assign my examples to you at all. "like" means similar to. MY two examples illustrate situations where someone states dogmatic rules for others, based on their opinion.

"If you don't need the insurance, don't carry a firearm." is such a statement. Those are the ONLY words which I assigned to you, and those are the words I take issue with. Not choosing to carry insurance is a separate issue from being told "don't carry a firearm." The rest of the post is good for consideration and making choices.

Another example (which you also did not say) would be: If you don't carry a security holster, don't carry a firearm. The second phrase is not validated by the first phrase. If you would tell me(which you didn't) "If you are a convicted felon, don't carry a firearm", that would be correct.

Another way of saying it: "Don't tell me what to do, if I happen to disagree with your opinion. "

There is an old saying: "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of a friend." That means when friends get together and talk, and dispute, correct, and encourage one another, they both come away better for it. That's how this forum should work. Arguments concern information...they shouldn't define friends.
    You are right. I really need to be more careful with my posts. I have been in trouble earlier with another member here. Doubt I will be posting much in the future.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbadger View Post
    You are right. I really need to be more careful with my posts. I have been in trouble earlier with another member here. Doubt I will be posting much in the future.
    Don't let that slow you down, I STAY in trouble with my friends...arguing...but that's friends. We're like a bunch of old men on a bench outside a barbershop. That's what makes it fun.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Sponsored Links