Should Bump Stock Be More Regulated?

This is a discussion on Should Bump Stock Be More Regulated? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; After Cottle told the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) that his invention was intended for people with limited use of their hands, ...

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree809Likes

Thread: Should Bump Stock Be More Regulated?

Administrator

After Cottle told the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) that his invention was intended for people with limited use of their hands, the bureau approved the device, saying it did not turn rifles into machine guns, which are rare, highly regulated and can cost $20,000. The Vet Whose ĎBump Stockí Turns a Gun Into a Machine Gun
    What are your thoughts about "bump stock". Should these devices be more regulated?

Why? Why not?
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    It sounds like Cottle kind of pulled a fast one on the ATF using a disability to demonstrate the device. I bet he didnít rip off a 100 round 10sec burst during the demo. I donít own any black guns but imo there is licensed select fire guns and then there is semi auto guns. There is no in between imo.
    Chicagobill, frgood and hossdawg like this.

Distinguished Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    The way I see it, a bump fire stock is an end run around the NFA. Doesn't modify the weapon, but the results are similar. Not real sure how they were legal to begin with.
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I suggest banning bump stocks. They serve no useful purpose, in my opinion.

No! Bump stocks don't kill people, people kill people. I don't have any use for a slide stock, bump stock, binary trigger, or trigger crank. But it will not change or stop any massacres in the future if they are banned. Blame the perpetrator not the tool!
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    The first problem is an Arabic proverb, first, the camel gets his nose into the tent! Because you let him!

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    I too have absolutely no use or desire for one, but that does not mean I am going to tell another person that they do not.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    I get the whole argument that guns donít kill people but imo those devices were designed as a loophole to get around the nfa laws. Yes the ATF said these bump stocks are legal and that is another argument for the pro bump stock people but the optic of seeing these online videos shows that the bump stock has nothing to do with a person enjoying shooting who has a disability.
    bahlers likes this.

VIP Member
    You can't legislate inanimate objects and expect people not to be evil. Last I checked Murder was illegal, and that didn't stop the guy from killing.
    OldChap, BkCo1, Doogie and 16 others like this.

How is the war on drugs going?

I learned a valuable lesson when I had to work to support a family and pay my way through two graduate degree programs. I worked for a major defense contractor. We designed and built guidance systems for nuclear ballistic missiles for the U.S. Navy. I visited weapons assembly bunkers. I'll never forget what one engineer told us as we stood looking at components for a MIRV. He said, "Don't worry. We've never had one go off by itself."

As you guys know, that applies to every weapon ever made. It is the human who gets to decide if things work for good or evil. Seems to me, blaming an inanimate object for something it is incapable of accomplishing without human interaction, is sort of missing the point.

I have no use for a Hennessey Venom GT or Dodge Demon on the street. But far be it from me to tell you that you cannot own one.

It is now BANNED by BATF

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    Whether you agree with them or not, the real question is will it stop some one from getting one to commit mass murder? Should commercial jets be banned to prevent mass murder? Should mass murder in general be banned? Surely that would end the problem.
    Personally, I see no use for one, I'll never own one, I'll never own a binary trigger. To me its a pick your battle situation . I think there are more important battles to win, such as universal reciprocity of CPL's. In order to win some battles like this, you may have to lose others or trade so to speak.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by riverrambler View Post
    Whether you agree with them or not, the real question is will it stop some one from getting one to commit mass murder? Should commercial jets be banned to prevent mass murder? Should mass murder in general be banned? Surely that would end the problem.
    Personally, I see no use for one, I'll never own one, I'll never own a binary trigger. To me its a pick your battle situation . I think there are more important battles to win, such as universal reciprocity of CPL's. In order to win some battles like this, you may have to lose others or trade so to speak.

I gave up hunting when I figured out a half of a beef is far cheaper than a deer or elk and much easier at my age. I have never been a bird hunter. Should I give up hunting rifles and hunting shotguns for something I want?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I gave up hunting when I figured out a half of a beef is far cheaper than a deer or elk and much easier at my age. I have never been a bird hunter. Should I give up hunting rifles and hunting shotguns for something I want?
    Yeah but you don't get any more organic than venison. I physically feel better when I eat more venison. Its like being a ULTIMATE Organic NUT!
    atctimmy, montejames and bahlers like this.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links