Why did you start carrying? - Page 9

Why did you start carrying?

This is a discussion on Why did you start carrying? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; It was 2012 and I said well better get my license to legally be able and defend myself from the upcoming zombie apocalypse... Sent from ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Why did you start carrying?

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    It was 2012 and I said well better get my license to legally be able and defend myself from the upcoming zombie apocalypse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple. It was 1978 and at the largest voluntary Army ROTC program in the nation at the University of Alabama most all the seniors or juniors who were aged 21 and intended to be branched into one of the four main Combat Arms branches of Infantry, Armor, Field Artillery or Air Defense Artillery got their carry permit for the state of Alabama. I was going Infantry and so I pulled on my cadet uniform and marched myself down to the county sheriffs office. That grizzled old guy locked my heels at the position of attention and walked round and round me before pronouncing me fit. Said (let me see if I can remember his exact verbiage) “to be sure I didn’t kill nobody whut didn’t need killin!” We were already well schooled in handling of firearms and my own major of Criminal Justice with a concentration in Law Enforcement had a modicum of training involved and... I’d spent a year working my way thru school as an armed security guard.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 31 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Patriot Benefactor Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO. IDPA, USPSA, STEEL CHALLENGE competitor. RETIRED Social Studies Educator as of 12/7/2018

New Member Array KeithinFlorida's Avatar
    I'm a black belt in Chito Ryu, and I boxed Golden Gloves. I walked around all my life and never worried about confrontation or fighting, never even thought about it. And honestly, never really needed to. Now, fast forward several decades, I'm not that same guy. I'm getting old and have some health problems. And the world is getting more dangerous. I knew I needed to do something to protect my family. I always had a love for guns and used to shoot and hunt with my dad when I was a kid. So getting my CCW was a natural progression and i've had it for years now

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Sponsored Links