If you had to evacuate... - Page 6

If you had to evacuate...

This is a discussion on If you had to evacuate... within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Originally Posted by Sister This thread was started in July. Apparently all of us are quite a bit slow at evacuating. Sit down and have ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: If you had to evacuate...

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    This thread was started in July. Apparently all of us are quite a bit slow at evacuating.

Sit down and have a bowl of ice cream, at this point its to late your going to die anyway.
    There is always another event, a hurricane, a firestorm, flooding, something.
    Sister likes this.
    If you think things are bad for you, Remember there is a Mr. Pelosi!
    Duct Tape may not fix stupid but it sure can muffle the sound! :D
    It isnt the first person who fires who wins gun fights, but is usually the first person to land effective hits.

My wife did it about 3 months ago. Less than 30 minutes for everyone items.

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    My #1 priority in situations like that is to ensure that my wife is safe. After that, I keep a "go bag" loaded with 2 pistols (i.e. a .45 and a 9mm) w/4 boxes of ammo for each and other necessities. Plus, my EDC piece w/2 extra mags that's on me. So, I can mobilize quickly w/3 pieces and ammo if need be. That's how I choose to roll.
    duane_wade, Sister and Yogi223 like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

All my weapons? I’m not telling..or leaving
    duane_wade likes this.

Id grab my dog because hes irreplacable. Jump in my Tank and head down the road.
    Sister and Sportymonk like this.

Knee deep in brass sounds better than it used to......
    Sister likes this.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    I'm not sure what would compel me to evacuate - any evacuation where I am would be an absolute mess with non-moving freeways and the whole schmeel. My general take because of that and physical location is that shelter in place is generally going to be my best option. Should I actually have to evacuate . . . guess I have a little thinking to do. Aside from edc, it will be difficult.
    I'm with you on this. We're in a very rural area, we have a few acres, we're a decent distance from the local road, we're high up enough that if WE get flooded, well, there's a whole lot else going on. We have close access to an interstate highway, but that would, as you said, be a mess. A fire would cause us to bug out to the neighbor's place, but guns and valuables are in a fireproof safe in the basement. Yeah, Imma stay here and shelter in place, and welcome my neighbors if they need a place.
    duane_wade and Sportymonk like this.

That Governor needs to go. I'm not going without my 2 Amendment right.
    Sportymonk likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    This thread was started in July. Apparently all of us are quite a bit slow at evacuating.

Sit down and have a bowl of ice cream, at this point its to late your going to die anyway.
    In revisiting this thread this morning I'm finding that it'd take longer to find my fishing gear than I'd like. I can get the requisite guns and ammunition outa here in under 90 seconds if need be.

I think I'll have some nice ice cream instead. Has anyone tried Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream with Steen's Ribbon Can Syrup as a topping? Yum!

May not get evacuated in time, but I'll die happy.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Pistachio & almond for me!
    bmcgilvray, Sister and Sportymonk like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I faced that a couple of years ago after properly securing the home for Hurricane Irma, in the end I was pretty knackered out and decided to stay put and hunker down then start deciding what to take on the road out of South Florida and to head towards Georgia along with 6.5 million other Floridians that were evacuating. My priority would be the dog and whatever he needs to be on the road for an extended period and a weekend bag with a few change of clothes. The biggest challenge was in securing important documents and in a foot locker chest of family photos along with taking at least 10 or 15 gallons worth of gas as loads of gas stations were running out on the Florida Turnpike plus there was huge lines. As for guns & ammo that would have been quite simple and quick, as it's just my home defense handgun, and my EDC along with my AR rifle... as well as the ammo that goes with these, it would have been the least of my worries to be honest...

Did it in 2017 because of hurricane Harvey. Took better part of 30 minutes for guns and ammo.

Evacuate? Good Lord, where to begin? Guitars, banjos, digital piano, guns, ammo, fly rods/reels, what else?
    Oh, yeah. Wife and dog, I guess....
    Sportymonk likes this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

Senior Moderator
    And accordions! We can't forget the accordions!

Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

In about 1 minute, just strap the gun cabinet to my dolly up the ramps and into the truck. Then its time to loot the grocery store next door lol just kidding..... or am I.
    Sportymonk likes this.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links