If you had to evacuate...

This is a discussion on If you had to evacuate... within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; If a natural disaster were to happen in your area and you had to evacuate, how long would it take you to put together all ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: If you had to evacuate...

Administrator

If a natural disaster were to happen in your area and you had to evacuate, how long would it take you to put together all your weapons and ammunition?

Is this something you are prepared for?
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

My personal view, which only applies to me, is that weapons and ammo are far from my first priority in such a situation. I would probably already have my EDC gun, pepper spray and knife with me and that would be fine. If I had time, I might gun up, but not until I got more important things. My wife and I have survival backpacks in respective cars. We would grab those, our medicines, some water, some portable food and maybe a change of clothes. We would also get the dogs ready to go.

I don't hold with this idea that survival automatically equals weapons. Weapons are tools. Ammo is supplies. They belong on those priority lists and they are nowhere near the top.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I don't have a large amount of ammo (money issue) and only have a handful of firearms. My ammo is stashed tightly in 2 ammo cans, and all my firearms (except EDC) are together in my safe. Maybe 30 seconds to grab them and on to something more dire.
    Bad Bob likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    As far as guns and ammo, and evacuating, I have levels of what to grab depending on how much time is available.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sdprof likes this.

Taking all my weapons and ammunition is inconceivable. If I could take any weapons at all I'd have to settle on a few of those most treasured .

EDC are probably the only guns that would be taken, maybe an AR. Photos are more important, unless they backed up electronically. Mementos that canít be replaced. And cash!
    Sister, CreedDryrot and Instymp like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Distinguished Member
    It would take me about a minute to retrieve my guns, two Taurus G2C pistols and the the ammo to go with it. As for all the practical survival gear I have it set up and packed all the time.
    Old Man likes this.

flh
    For me to get what I beleave would be needed would probably only take a few minutes. My wife on the other hand the disaster would be over and everything would be back to normal

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

If I have to evacuate I like those Charmin wipes verses the Generic wipes those break me out.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Noted.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    Aside from what I'm carrying on me and stashing in my car, guns would be my last priority.

Thinking about it, only fire or an earthquake would get me to evacuate. Weapons in a fireproof safe should be fine either way to come back to. If not, that's what I write Allstate a check for every month.

10 minutes. Ammo is mostly set up in metal cans that are sealed and labeled. Long guns are in cases. Pistols are able to be placed in pelican cases with locks. Good to go.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Senior Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    Take me about 5 minutes, gotta practice to do it in 2. Our gov, jay Inslee is working on revoking concealed and open carry during emergencies and if successful, confiscation will be next I'm sure.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I'm not sure what would compel me to evacuate - any evacuation where I am would be an absolute mess with non-moving freeways and the whole schmeel. My general take because of that and physical location is that shelter in place is generally going to be my best option. Should I actually have to evacuate . . . guess I have a little thinking to do. Aside from edc, it will be difficult.
    Bad Bob and Henry9008 like this.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Weapons, maybe 10-15 minutes if my wife and I worked together. And I would limit it to what's most practical. I would only take ammo for my handguns and probably our ARs. Shotgun ammo, hunting ammo, etc. could be obtained elsewhere.
    ďKeep a government poor and weak and itís your servant; let it get rich and powerful and itís your master.Ē

"Get comfortable being uncomfortable."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links