If You Could Only Buy One Handgun - Page 17

If You Could Only Buy One Handgun

This is a discussion on If You Could Only Buy One Handgun within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Guess I will stay with this 0ne. Just keeps working....

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree561Likes

Thread: If You Could Only Buy One Handgun

Guess I will stay with this 0ne. Just keeps working.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If You Could Only Buy One Handgun-concept-6.jpg  

OD* and ExSoldier like this.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

HK VP9sk
    geo.ulrich likes this.

Only one? Well then it would have to be this one below which as a matter of fact I just purchased today: Kimber K6S Stainless steel 6-shot revolver in .38spl/.357mag with 3" barrel.

My reasoning behind choosing this type of handgun over any others are:

1. Super rugged stainless steel construction is drop dead reliable, safe and easy to teach anyone in your family/party how to use properly.
    2. .38spl/.357Mag offers great versatility and .357Mag option packs a real punch if needed.
    3. 3" barrel is still relatively easy to conceal carry yet offers greater velocity and better sight radius for home defense, outdoors, etc. then a snubnose.
    4. SA hammer, although not essential, is there as an option if you want it.

Just for the record, I'm not stuck on this Kimber K6S as my only choice. Any S&W, Colt or Ruger offering in this same configuration and similar size would also make for a suitable "only one handgun" choice for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If You Could Only Buy One Handgun-kimber-k6-s-3-inch-barrel-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Jay Fraime; November 11th, 2019 at 11:23 PM.
    ExSoldier likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My Jericho 941 FS, looks like this, can be easily converted to 9mm and .45 ACP, takes CZ mags, fits me just right! ;)If You Could Only Buy One Handgun-1229d20ad8acaeb3f977734fce552bd75ed3926ed1ce1199c2b084dcf16e190d.jpg
    jmf552 and ExSoldier like this.

Senior Moderator
    If I could buy only one, for all uses forevah and evah, I do suggest a Glock 19.

As much as that hurts my heart, forevah is a long time, and I want something easy to maintain, find parts and ammunition for, that can suffer some poor maintenance.

Otherwise, my Colt XSE is perfect.
    forester58, gasmitty and G-man* like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array druryj's Avatar
    Until today's range trip, I'd have said a Glock 19. But now I'd have to say...Glock 19 still. And I don't own one right now either. Kinda on a Sig roll...

Glock 19 Gen 5, with extra replacement parts & mags/ammo...

S&W shield

I own. S&W Shield 40 do Ill go with that

For self defense? Difficult choice. Were I still living in Miami, FL I’d have stayed with the Sig Sauer MK25 9mm. Good enough for the SEAL Teams, good enough for me. But now, retiring as I have to the East Tennessee region, self defense includes wildlife, such as Bears and Mountain Lions (Oh My!). I’d have to opt for the venerable
    .45 acp — probably the Sig Sauer P227 since it would fit all the holsters I had for my old MK25. The P227 has the advantage of increased capacity over most of the 1911 family. Ten round flush fit magazine and a 14 round extended magazine. I have two of the ten rounders for my current P227 and four of the extended.
    Cleandean likes this.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 31 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; NRA Patriot Benefactor Life; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO. IDPA, USPSA, STEEL CHALLENGE competitor. RETIRED Social Studies Educator as of 12/7/2018

Simple. Wouldn't trade what I have. Kimber CDP II Full size
    Attached Images  
    There's never a bad day for good whisk(e)y

I have been carrying a Commander length 1911 for many years. This equipped with fiber optic sight and Crimson Trace laser grip would be (and is) my #1 choice.

If You Could Only Buy One Handgun-tactical-carry-compact-_new1280-copy.jpg
    bigpapa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    For self defense? Difficult choice. Were I still living in Miami, FL Id have stayed with the Sig Sauer MK25 9mm. Good enough for the SEAL Teams, good enough for me. But now, retiring as I have to the East Tennessee region, self defense includes wildlife, such as Bears and Mountain Lions (Oh My!). Id have to opt for the venerable
    .45 acp probably the Sig Sauer P227 since it would fit all the holsters I had for my old MK25. The P227 has the advantage of increased capacity over most of the 1911 family. Ten round flush fit magazine and a 14 round extended magazine. I have two of the ten rounders for my current P227 and four of the extended.
    I have to agree with you Ex Soldier. My 227 N. Carry, just fits the bill, now with short reset trigger X-Ray night sights .
    Loaded to the gills with smoothness and accuracy. May not be the very best pistol ever , but it has the Goldilocks /Snow White... attribute....

" just right"...
    NRA member..... SIG P227 (Nitron Carry) S&W mod. 58 ; Colt Gold Cup 1911 ( brite blued); Beretta 92s Colt Python (nickel)8 in. ; ★SCAR 17s ( black); My ride... Jeep Grand Overland
    .41 Magnum.........'cause shooting twice is silly.

Springfield Armory PROFESSIONAL LIGHT RAIL 1911-A1, .45ACP

If You Could Only Buy One Handgun-pc9119lr-1-1-.png]
    bigpapa likes this.

When I bought my S&W M2.0 Compact last year, my goal was just a SD gun for home. I was carrying my Shield (1.0) at the time.

What I quickly found was that the M2.0 is not too big for IWB carry, so I started carrying it. I shoot it well, at least for me, and now my Shield hardly ever leaves the safe. So I would have to vote for the M2.0 Compact.

I'm going to catch flack for this but...

My primary carry is an S&W M&P M2.0 Compact 4" in .40 S&W but it wouldn't be it.

It would be the Ruger LCP .380 ACP. It's incredibly accurate with Hornady XTPs for what it is (7 rounds at 7 yards offhand into 0.75" last range trip) and has had two malfunctions in it's lifetime (Fed AE that was over dimension and wouldn't chamber and the follower on a brand new magazine stuck on the final round of the first loading and loaded the empty case back in the mag) and it's always in my right hip pocket even when I'm unarmed.

The .380 in my pocket beats the .40 at home everytime.
    forester58 and Wavygravy like this.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Sponsored Links