If You Could Only Buy One Handgun - Page 5

If You Could Only Buy One Handgun

This is a discussion on If You Could Only Buy One Handgun within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; If I absolutely had to narrow it to one do-all pistol I'd probably keep my M&P shield. Its accurate, reliable, small enough to carry in ...

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: If You Could Only Buy One Handgun

If I absolutely had to narrow it to one do-all pistol I'd probably keep my M&P shield. Its accurate, reliable, small enough to carry in about anything I wear, and with the mag guts kit I have 9+1 capacity. Pretty hard to beat.

If I could only have one gun, for whatever reason, ever? It would be a Ruger six-banger, probably .357.

Only one would be the one that will always fit in my pocket, no matter how Iím dressed, or what Iím doing...LCP.

Rule 1, have a gun.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Sig Sauer 938... High quality, accurate, easily concealed, sufficient stopping power,easy to shoot, easy to maintain,9mm ammo reasonably priced compared to other " self defense grade" ammunition.

It would have to be a .40S&W for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Only one would be the one that will always fit in my pocket, no matter how Iím dressed, or what Iím doing...LCP.

Rule 1, have a gun.
    I understand and agree with your logic.

My choice would not quite fit in with a pistol that I could carry with absolutely anything I wear. For that purpose I have a Kahr CM9. Despite your misfortunes with their pistols (I recall that you have written in the past that several have malfunctioned for you) mine has been reliable, accurate, and comfortably carried in my front pocket.

However, if only allowed a single handgun for all purposes I would choose something in .40S&W. I don't live in grizzly country so a .40cal should be able to handle with anything on 2 or 4 legs that I could conceivably come across, it comes in a bunch of different configurations (https://www.ammoland.com/2017/05/40-...#axzz5Rbl7cXRf) that could meet multiple needs, pistols are available in several different sizes, and the market is flooded with a lot used .40cal guns.

For me, it's the flexibility of the cartridge weight and type that would make it a good "one and only handgun" choice. I seen everything from 115gr RIP to 200gr hard cast lead ammo from Buffalo Bore/Double Tap/Underwood.

Although I like my CM9 I think the CM40 would be a bit to punishing on my hands therefore I have the SIG P250 subcompact. It is comfortable enough to shoot, the Compact size x-change kit is even more so, and is easy enough to carry. I could see myself with a M&P .40C or a Glock 27 in the future.

Again, if I am headed out the door and I don't know what creature or threat I might face and lying on my bed are two essentially identical guns but one is in 9mm and one is in .40cal (P250/320 or a M&P 9 and 40 or Glock 26/27---you get my drift) all with 10-rounds in the magazine (because that is all we are allowed here in NY) I would grab the .40cal every time.

PS The .357 SIG barrel swap is just an added bonus.
    DHart likes this.

DG
    Probably the Smith & Wesson 360PD. It's the lightest gun I own and conceals well. It's chambered in .357 magnum, certainly not the most powerful handgun on the planet, but should be sufficient to get most people's attention. Super easy to check visually, even in the dark. Yep it's loaded..No it's not. A little pricey if you're considering finances, but if it's the only one you're buying....

However, there is no perfect gun for every purpose. That's why I have more than one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If You Could Only Buy One Handgun-s-w-360-pd.jpg  

msgt/ret and Instymp like this.

4" Smith and Wesson Model 19 or 66 because I can use it for personal and home protection and for hunting and plinking.
    msgt/ret, Instymp and OlCop like this.

@DG & eb, Great minds think alike.

The 6Ē 357 19 cause I wonít need many bullets.
    msgt/ret, Pete63, Instymp and 1 others like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

I would choose the S&W M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm if I could only buy one handgun.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    If I could only buy one handgun it would be a Glock 17 with RMR. That is hard for me to say as I carried a HKP2K for years. The longer sight radius supporting the red dot is a winner for me.

New Member Array 1smoothredneck's Avatar
    Glock 19

For me it would be my CZ P 10 C

If I could have only one pistol hmmm I would say the CZ shadow it is a bit big but it holds a lot of ammo and is extremely accurate. I love CZ guns they just run forever. I bought a CZ 40B back in 03 for 289.00 and when i sold it to my buddy i had put well over 35 to 40k through it and he has had it for probably 6 years now and put an additiinal 25 to 30k through it himself. It still functions flawlessly and is as accurate as the day it was new. We went to the range last weekend and I put 100rnds through it and it made me regret having sold it to him it is a phenomenal pistol. I know that I will probably get some hatred for my choice but a solidly built hammer pistol is just where it is at. I like striker pistols for range toys but for EDC. Cocked and locked is definitely my preference.

However, if only allowed a single handgun for all purposes I would choose something in .40S&W.
    If you say a one and only then why not go with a G20 or G29 they are 10mm and I hear that you can run 40 S&W in it for a more friendly range day. It is like a 357mag that you run 38+p in at the range. 10mm for defensive rounds and 40cal for plinking.
    I have not run 40cal through mine yet so I cannot either confirm or disprove this capability so if someone has got a model 20 or 29 and has tried it I sure would like to know about your ezperience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveCarry View Post

If, for financial reasons, you could only buy ONE handgun for self-protection, which one would you buy?

Why would you choose that one?
    I already have a Sig p229 so I'll just stick with that.

Why?

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...size-auto.html

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links