Will You Be Spending More Time At The Gun Range In 2019? - Page 5

Will You Be Spending More Time At The Gun Range In 2019?

This is a discussion on Will You Be Spending More Time At The Gun Range In 2019? within the Featured Topics forums, part of the Welcome To DefensiveCarry.com category; Originally Posted by Bikenut Maybe some different targets will help ease the boredom. Especially with a handgun. Like splitting playing cards shot edgewise. Or lighting ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Will You Be Spending More Time At The Gun Range In 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Maybe some different targets will help ease the boredom. Especially with a handgun. Like splitting playing cards shot edgewise. Or lighting old style kitchen matches. Maybe shooting the primers out of spent shells. Or a bottle cap and keep increasing the distance. I like to shoot at the sharp edge of a hatchet with paper (or a couple of balloons) behind it to see if the bullet splits. I like to spend an hour or so doing that in my backyard with a pellet gun too.
    Public range, doesn't allow such. Rather than split a bullet, I'd rather shoot twice.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Yes, on the home range and road trips to Sons place for longer range shooting 500-800 yards.
    flh likes this.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Hopefully, I will be able to practice more this year.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I'm always trying to find more time for the range.
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

Spent an hour on the range a year ago. Shotgun (skeet) and pistol. More than 90% of clays shattered with the shotgun, and 100% of rounds on target at 7.5, 15, and 30 yards man-sized silhouettes.

7.5 yards: Draw and fire 3 rounds in less than 3 seconds. Two to the heart, one to the head.
    15 yards: Draw and fire 3 rounds in less than 5 seconds. Center body mass.
    30 yards: Draw and fire 3 rounds in less than 10 seconds. Center body mass. Use of rest approved.

That was ok for not having been to the range for two years prior!

But I need to head there again...
    I CC'd for 20 years. Then I OC'd for 10 years. These days, it's about 90% CC, 10% OC. // As a Virginia Tech Alum, I say that tragedy was avoidable. Too bad the school's administration didn't learn from their mistakes.

I think Iíll be dragged to the range a bunch this year. Poor me.

The son plans to apply for a CCW license this summer and really took a shine to my XDS-9 today.

The target on the left was 3 mags to verify sight alignment. The target on the right was timed turning rapid fire.

Now I may have lost that gun to him too. And geez, I just had a trigger job done... Guess itís back to building another one.

Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Probably not. Local range closed its doors. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point. Whatever it is means traveling.
    Me: "..and that brings us back to the age old question, how much ammo should you carry or how much is enough, doesn't it? Lol "
    AzQkr: "
    The age old questions answer is carry more, not less. For if more isn't enough, less surely won't be. lol"

I've already surpassed my 2018 range time, although most of it is on the rifle range working out the kinks in my 6mm Mongoose AR set up.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I've already surpassed my 2018 range time, although most of it is on the rifle range trying to work the kinks out of my 6mm Mongoose AR set up.

Spending more time shooting rifle at the range this year. Also shooting the handguns a bit more so far.

Using the shotguns for Trap and Sporting Clays has been about the same as other years, 2-3 times a week once the snow left us. Wanting to get out this afternoon, but rain might make me wait until tomorrow?

Also, may start checking in here again more often. Been about a year and a half I think? Anyway, hope everyone enjoys range time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Sponsored Links