Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’ - Page 3

Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’

This is a discussion on Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’ within the FFL Dealer Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So...is there a record of what firearms were destroyed? I'd hate to learn that one of these firearms were used by the next mass shooter......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’

So...is there a record of what firearms were destroyed? I'd hate to learn that one of these firearms were used by the next mass shooter...
    G26Raven and Nmuskier like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Writing off the destruction may cut the tax liability, but it also cuts directly into profits, a major negative to stockholders. Then the loss in sales doesn't do them any good either. The stockholders should vote to fire their short-sighted CEO on the grounds of destruction of inventory and failing to see to the stockholder's interests.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member
    This makes as much business sense as McDonald's destroying 5 tons of hamburger meat.

ANd now we are supposed to be surprised at Dick's 7 figure losses from this brilliant move?
    G26Raven and msgt/ret like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Sounds hokey to me and I`ll believe it when I see it!!!. Show me the destroyed weapons!.
    joker1 likes this.

Electronic newsletter from GunsAmerica this morning reported that Dick's company value is down some $25 million since this little stunt. So, $25 million drop in share values on top of $5 million in destroyed inventory, sounds like the CEO needs to be held to answer for about $30 million at the next shareholders' meeting. Might be worth buying a few shares just to attend and offer a motion or two.

I'm sure they have an accurate record and verification of each SN destroyed. Or can an FFL just tell the BATFE, "Trust me. I destroyed it."?
    Psalm 144:1

Has anyone actually seen any sort of evidence to show that this even happened?
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Has anyone actually seen any sort of evidence to show that this even happened?
    Well, it's a heck of a good virtue signaling story if it did not!
    Havok likes this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Dick's is so screwed up they even closed there field& stream out door store in Asheville . That's ok Sportsmans Warehouse moved right in . They have plenty of AR's in there display .
    airslot, TimBob and The Old Anglo like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links