Every so often I get reminded why I like this place!

This is a discussion on Every so often I get reminded why I like this place! within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; There is a site here in CA that has the best and most up to date CA specific info on legal issues. But the Moderators ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Every so often I get reminded why I like this place!

There is a site here in CA that has the best and most up to date CA specific info on legal issues. But the Moderators put up with and encourage name calling, personal attacks, etc... They used to have a great gunsmithing group where you could talk about nearly anything, and learn about how others were building their guns. It's been reduced to pages and pages of How do I mount a red dot optic, and even more pages of people calling them names because they can't figure it out for themselves.

Here's a big Thank You to our Moderating staff for keeping things sane here! DR

VIP Member
    Amen brother.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

There was another forum I was quite active in until the owner decided he had other interests to pursue and allowed the forum to run itself. It had been an excellent forum up until that point but it quickly turned into a my gun is better than your gun or if you donít use XX caliber you are too stupid to even carry a firearm. Sadly that forum entered a death spiral at too low of an altitude to recover and suffered a fatal crash.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Just so!

There is something about the anonymity of the internet that brings out the worst in some folks. I refuse to waste my time watching people bicker over the same old things yet again.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    You don't know how much I appreciate this forum right now. It takes my mind off of my problems for a little while. I am scheduled to go back into " procedures" later today. Nobody knows what time or which doctor will do the work. The rough part should be over but anytime they have to run a balloon around in me just makes me nervous. Hope to be back on here in a few days. Thanks.
    dangerranger likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Old Sarge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    You don't know how much I appreciate this forum right now. It takes my mind off of my problems for a little while. I am scheduled to go back into " procedures" later today. Nobody knows what time or which doctor will do the work. The rough part should be over but anytime they have to run a balloon around in me just makes me nervous. Hope to be back on here in a few days. Thanks.
    And we all hope and pray you will be back soon, GpTom.

Senior Moderator
    @GpTom , the waiting is the worst, the procedure fun to watch. You'll do fine!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Heck, it's Monday mornin' and I've got 20 lbs. of work to fit in a 10 lb. sack. I just stopped by to say Good Mornin' to all my friends. (That's...BOTH of y'all!)
    dangerranger likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Moderators do a great job here.

The new forum many migrated to has clearly been influenced by the new moderators there and a lot more politics and religion are allowed.
    Sportymonk likes this.

Well, I am relatively new here but I have seen forums that had all sorts of name calling and had no tolerance for new people and their noobie questions. This forum has lots of experience and good manners. Love it. My son is looking at getting a gun and I recommended he get on here and prowl around as there is a ton of great information here. Search is your friend.
    dangerranger likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CalCarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    There is a site here in CA that has the best and most up to date CA specific info on legal issues. But the Moderators put up with and encourage name calling, personal attacks, etc... They used to have a great gunsmithing group where you could talk about nearly anything, and learn about how others were building their guns. It's been reduced to pages and pages of How do I mount a red dot optic, and even more pages of people calling them names because they can't figure it out for themselves

Here's a big Thank You to our Moderating staff for keeping things sane here! DR
    I know the site well, they are like ants that attack anything that doesn't fit the accepted "narrative".

I love to see them rant on for three days only to later find out they were trolled by a one time poster.

I call them the Fuddhumpers! They'll jump on anything that gets labeled Fud.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Thank you.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    Good luck! Ill be thinking of you today. DR

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    I have found little reason to join another firearm forum as this site seems to "have it all" and while I've only been a member of one other forum before (truck related), I do notice a far more professional level of conduct on here and drama tends to get shut down very quickly.

I have considered joining the Ruger forum simply because I enjoy of all their products and am a bit of a fanboy, but for now I can find most answers I'm looking for by searching. Plus adding another forum to the roster means another forum to keep up on and I find one to be more than enough.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

I like it here. I do belong to a couple three other forums but do like this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links