Another day, another forum glitch

This is a discussion on Another day, another forum glitch within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Actually, two days. Last night I came here and clicked on New Posts like I usually do. Interesting... there weren't any new posts since when ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Another day, another forum glitch

Actually, two days.
    Last night I came here and clicked on New Posts like I usually do. Interesting... there weren't any new posts since when I was here earlier in the day? No, there were new posts. They just weren't showing up as new to me. If I clicked on Active Topics I could see all kinds of... activity. So I left rather than pick my way through each thread and finding where I left off.

Today the same thing. Nothing showing up as a new post or thread, yet there has been new posts and threads started since when I was here last night.

But hey, at the least I'm not getting the internal server error message
    OD*, Gabill, drift and 4 others like this.
    If you are going to ask for help, be prepared to receive it.

Senior Moderator
    It's like having dementia. Every day is a new day.
    msgt/ret, airslot, Gabill and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I wonder how much forums really make their owners. I've always been lead to believe short of a reddit or the like, it's mere beer money. Being this site was in play and has been bought/sold, I'd imagine that there has to be more profit taking, than actual infrastructure building. At least that's what I would believe if I were you @PAcanis with all the hardships you are having. To be honest, I surprised you are still here!

The Canadians are out to under-service you man!

EDIT: - PA would have "liked" this post had he had notification of it lol!!!
    Last edited by drift; April 27th, 2018 at 10:31 AM.
    Ezekiel 23:20

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

The situation has been, off and on, a bit disappointing for the last few weeks. Sure hope there are cures in store.
    PAcanis likes this.

I've been experiencing PM issues. I'll send a message and nothing ever shows up as sent like it just disappeared down the rabbit hole.
    PAcanis likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Actually, two days.
    Last night I came here and clicked on New Posts like I usually do. Interesting... there weren't any new posts since when I was here earlier in the day? No, there were new posts. They just weren't showing up as new to me. If I clicked on Active Topics I could see all kinds of... activity. So I left rather than pick my way through each thread and finding where I left off.

Today the same thing. Nothing showing up as a new post or thread, yet there has been new posts and threads started since when I was here last night.
    Yup been having the same problem on and off for weeks, and just on this site. The cause seems to be is that sometimes the "Last visit" date and time resets as soon as you open the site. So if it thinks your last visit was just a matter of seconds or minutes ago there isn't much "New" to see. And it is a pain in the butt!
    OD*, PAcanis, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

And now my New Posts are working fine again. And I did nothing (no rebooting, clearing cache, logging out and back in...)

But I can still just about get a cup of coffee in the time it takes each page to load.
    Yes, frustrating.
    drift likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Yup been having the same problem on and off for weeks, and just on this site. The cause seems to be is that sometimes the "Last visit" date and time resets as soon as you open the site. So if it thinks your last visit was just a matter of seconds or minutes ago there isn't much "New" to see. And it is a pain in the butt!
    Well I wish it would stop doing that! lol

Good to know I'm not alone.

Administrator
    Hey there,

I believe there was a thread about this here: https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-attack-2.html
    It's an intermittent server drop that we're trying to catch every time it gets reported.

Ed

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Hey there,

I believe there was a thread about this here: https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...-attack-2.html
    It's an intermittent server drop that we're trying to catch every time it gets reported.

Ed
    Report problems via email, and they seem to get promptly taken care of.
    PAcanis likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.― Friedrich Nietzsche

I've just come to accept that this forum gets weird from time to time (in more ways than just HW/SW). I scroll through all the posts. Wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to rag on someone about something sometime somewhere.
    Specializedjon likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I scroll through all the posts. Wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to rag on someone about something sometime somewhere.
    I admire your dedication to the forum!
    matthew03 likes this.
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

mkh
    Just me and a Sig 1911 in a foxhole somewhere in NE FL
    The new post button is my way into all of the forums I visit. With out that I'm nothing.
    Be the kind of man that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap he's up!"

Quote Originally Posted by marshallman View Post
    I admire your dedication to the forum!
    It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.
    PAcanis and Administrator like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Administrator
    Thanks for all of your patience though all of the site quirks. The tech team is trying to get to the bottom of things and improve overall site function, but technology is just finicky sometimes since there are so many different variables involved. Please continue to let us know when things go awry and we will do our best to get it looked at.

Cheers,

Erik

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links