Keeping my cookies and my morals

This is a discussion on Keeping my cookies and my morals within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; PLEASE STOP BLAMING AD BLOCKS/COOKIES FOR SITE PROBLEMS. I like yíall, the Canadians just fine. I believe our president could beat up your president with ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Keeping my cookies and my morals

PLEASE STOP BLAMING AD BLOCKS/COOKIES FOR SITE PROBLEMS.

I like yíall, the Canadians just fine. I believe our president could beat up your president with one hand but at least your president isnít orange right?!

Regarding cookies and cleaning them - why? CWO put blocks on my computer just so I could use THIS SITE WITHOUT what I consider offensive advertising.

I donít understand computers that well but I do know that there are all kinds of blocks on mine that had to be put there - some of the ads here WERE OFFENSIVE TO ME.

Each to their own, live and let live I get it. This doesnít mean I have to look at it.

When this site was taken over by the large company from Canada there were all these ads about homeosexality. Then, the ads took it further and had CHILDREN AND HOMEOSEXALITY in them and to me it was a promotion of it and I feel sure it will be justified in somebodies mind but hey, I donít get it and never will but that isnít the point is it?

Advertis guns/ammo/gun supplies all you want too - if you have ads about kids and teaching them about guns Iím good with that!

Advertisements with children and sexual content or just sexual content of any kind I donít want to see - no thanks Iíll keep my cookies!

Yíall have a blessed day and I do hope you can get whatever is making this site get woppy-jawed fixed soon.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    All I get are firearm ads and honestly I have had zero problems with the site. Usual platform is a Note 5 on Verizon or a cheap Samsung tab at home on Spectrum.
    Sister likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Well Sister, I agree 100%

But I also understand that the destruction of right and wrong must start by programming the children.

How else could the repulsive become the norm?
    Sister, OneGunTX and OldChap like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

What other websites are you visiting?

All I get are gun related ads.
    JD and DownInTheDark like this.

flh
    Mrs. Flh and I use apple I pads , she has her's I have mine , we have no issues with pop-ups and the only adds that I see are gun related,

I did see a few adds a few months back about baby cribs etc. Mrs. was planning a baby shower , after she stopped the planning the baby adds stopped shortly after ...

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Sponsor
    uBlock just blocked 16 ads on THIS page alone on my laptop. I get no ads, nada, none with uBlock running.

Ads are annoying enough, let alone ads like sister was/is seeing.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

My Adblock Plus says it is blocking 11 ads on this page right now. It says it is blocking 16 on the home page, even though I still see a few ads, but they are gun-related, which is fine.

I put in a report of a site malfunction last night. I have been posting and the posts never show up. Not every time, but about one in five. The answer I got was to clear my cache and cookies. I clear those from time to time, but it doesn't seem to have any direct effect and I don't have to do that to get any other message board to work. I have to wonder if my AdBlock has anything to do with the site not working for me.

What I really don't like is that when you put in a report, the first diagnostic is that the user has the problem, on his or her computer. My computer works fine everywhere else. Why is it all of a sudden a problem on this site?
    Sister likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

strange. I see a couple of ads at the bottom of the page for gun-related stuff. I'll run a report and see what they're running.

I'm also seeing zero pop-ups and zero blocks.

***Just got off the phone w CWO, he is a member (doesnít post) on the XD Talk form that he said is owned by the same company and said that the XD forum has the SAME offending ads and IS ALSO RUNNING SLOW. He said this because when heís reading and trying to upload the site is molasses slow.

Maybe itís the programs or something that the forums are running on and has nothing to do with AD block or cookies?

My apple iPads run fine and itís clean but I do have ad blocks.

@entertainment72 , it was an ad that runs (per my husband) on other sites owned by the same company that says ďLove has no boundariesĒ and it use to have two women on it and it was about being gay - NOTHING TO DO WITH GUNS?
    The ad then changed with two little girls about 5 or 6yo, CHILDREN replacing the women and the a was still about being gay.

Whatever, I just donít want to see it! Iím here for the guns not the gays.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    My Adblock Plus says it is blocking 11 ads on this page right now. It says it is blocking 16 on the home page, even though I still see a few ads, but they are gun-related, which is fine.

I put in a report of a site malfunction last night. I have been posting and the posts never show up. Not every time, but about one in five. The answer I got was to clear my cache and cookies. I clear those from time to time, but it doesn't seem to have any direct effect and I don't have to do that to get any other message board to work. I have to wonder if my AdBlock has anything to do with the site not working for me.

What I really don't like is that when you put in a report, the first diagnostic is that the user has the problem, on his or her computer. My computer works fine everywhere else. Why is it all of a sudden a problem on this site?

^^^^This^^^^
    Trust God.

Think about it.

VIP Member
    For what it's worth, I see no ads per my ad blocker. But, why should those offensive ads be there anyway? Just my 2 cents, but if I were a forum owner I would consider that there is a problem with ad content. Being the type of people the forum was formed for, forcing something down the throats of the members might not be a good thing to do. All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing. Just so I am clear, yes, this is a shot over your bow.
    Sister likes this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

@Sister I have not had the same experience as you. I don't have an ad blocker, I run Windows 10 and Google Chrome, and I do not get any pop-ups and all my ads are about firearms, and bourbon. Mainly the cheap Jim Beam stuff.
    Sister, wmhawth and Instymp like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

I was getting the "Love Has No Boundaries" ads as well. For obvious reasons (mainly that love does have boundaries), I didn't click on them. They eventually went away.
    Sister likes this.
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I was getting the "Love Has No Boundaries" ads as well. For obvious reasons (mainly that love does have boundaries), I didn't click on them. They eventually went away.
    Well I did click on them when they first came on this forum, I use to not have ad blocks on this site - no reason too back then.

Why? Curious. I ďloveĒ guns, all kinds of guns even ugly guns. No ďBoundariesĒ when it comes to loving guns. What on earth would have made me think it was about gender preference? Iím in my 50ís and I guess ignorant to the new worldly ways and my mind doesnít think that way. Iíve gone shooting with another woman and nothing was gay about it, we blew up stuff with our guns and went home. If men go together shooting/hunting this doesnít make them gay.

Going back to the problem, I really donít believe the Ad blocks or cookies have anything to do with it and wish folks would stop blaming it on that and stop telling me to undo my blocks or clean my cookies. Cookies are clean, Ad blocks will stay.

Thats all.
    Trust God.

Think about it.

Administrator
    I have checked the site from Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. It is not running slow.

I am currently seeing 2 ads regarding hot deals on firearms and 1 for a speed holster. I have never seen an offensive ad on this site.

That being said, we do run Google ads (which we do not choose) so every now and then the ads can be pretty random. They can also follow from other sites, search history etc.

Ads keep the lights on here. It's that simple.
    maxwell97 likes this.
    Follow DefensiveCarry.com on Facebook!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links