Defensive Carry banner

Issues with being logged in and out, and not seeing posts

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Never had technical issues with the forum like this.

When I'm on the Active Topics tab, everything is fine. When I click on the Forum tab, it shows me as not logged on. Click back to Active Topics, and it shows as logged out.

When I click to go to the last post of a thread, any thread, the page keeps reloading about once a second. I can't even scroll down.

When I click on a thread directly, only the OP is visible, even though the thread shows multiple replies and pages.

The trouble started last night, and still persists this morning.

Something is haywire.

Reactions: CG11
#2 ·
All of my posts are fine.
I don't see anything wrong.

Reactions: OD*
#10 ·
This is the last post I am able to view on the entire forum. When I try to click the forum page, I'm automatically logged out. New posts are indicated on the active topics page, but are invisible when I try to see them. I've contacted site-down at verticalscope.

Whatever is happening is not good, and goes well beyond clearing cookies and caches for those of us with affected accounts.

#4 ·
FWIW - I can see G26Raven has replied to my post, but when I click on it, I can't see his post. If I click on his post from the Active Topics tab, the page reloads once a second, but only shows my post. When the page is reloading every second, I have to close the DC tab on my browser because nothing I click on the page even works.

Also, when a given forum page shows I'm logged on, there are 8 notifications showing. When I end up getting a page reloading every second, there are 5 notifications showing.

If anyone has a suggestion, PM it to me. I had no problem with the forum PM function last night. I can't see replies on the thread itself.

#15 ·
It was doing the same for me last night. This morning, it seems to be working fine so far.

I am on a Dell laptop with Windows 10 and all updates. I cleared my cache last night to no avail.

#21 ·
Okay, I can see the replies on this thread now, but I had to do an end-around to see them. On the Active Topics page, my thread has two pages of replies. If I click on one of the page numbers, I can see the posts. If I click on Go To Last Post option, it only shows my OP, and that's when the page starts to reload about every second.

Cricket, unfortunately I have some errands to do at the moment, but I'll check back later this afternoon to see if the issue is persisting. If it is, I'll let you know.

#22 ·
I have not had any issues on my tablet. Does this appear to be a computer issue only vs. a phone or tablet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.