Defensive Carry banner

Mazda sucks

5K views 55 replies 36 participants last post by  SWsouthpaw 
#1 ·
Mazda is infecting this forum, along with other forums, with ads disguised as threads. One thing for sure, if a member posted ads, the ads would be pulled, or the member banned. Follow the money. I'll bet it's a Vbullitin scam thing.

#30 ·
These are NOT pop-up ads, ad blockers are moot re: this topic.

These are actual threads within forums created by the advertisers (see pic of Mazda thread in “In the News: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly” forum.

My bookmark for Defensive Carry takes me straight the the G,B & U forum .... that is my preferred starting point. I have seen many of these ad threads created by both Mazda, and Honda in the past week.

I understand the importance of sponsors, that ads keep the lights on, I’ve used some & have benefited from Wikiarms, gun.deals, Grabagun etc.

My 2 biggest problems with these recent auto mfg ads, are:

1. Products are not firearms related.

2. The forum location the ads appear. They should be limited to “Vendor” & “Recent Posts” forums as all other vendor’s threads have followed. I don’t know where else these auto mfg ads are appearing throughout DC, but in “In the News: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly” has recently been bombarded with these, & are not welcomed.

In almost 10 years on DC, I have never seen a vendor ad thread appear in this forum until the past week.

I find it interesting that there is no date / time stamp to the far right of these ad threads, as there are on all other threads in the forum. These ad threads do vanish quickly after posting, which tells me the advertisers are not following DC ad quidelines.

Text Blue Font Line Web page

Attachments

#31 ·
^^^^

This is what all the fuss is about ? I had to see the above and go looking for the ad ...

I click on " what's new " when I visit DC .. maybe I'm missing something running a I-pad ? ....or not ....

#32 ·
Haven't seen a Mazda ad hereabouts. (I use BRAVE as a browser, and BRAVE is really, really good at ad blocking.)

That said, one of the very best cars I've ever owned was a Mazda RX7. A sports car with a remarkable rotary engine, I just loved it. (Sold when we were expecting first kiddo.).

Reactions: Rabbit212
#34 ·
For now, if you don't want to see them, the only answer I have is to simply scroll on by them, just like we do for any other topic we don't have an interest in.

I will update this thread when I have more information. :vs_cool:

#40 ·
Hello all,

Techs are still looking into this issue.
Unfortunately still no updates just yet.
As for the slowness issue, is this still occurring today?
Gave this a test and it's smoothly on my end at the moment.

Your patience is much appreciated,

Ed

#44 ·
zoom, zoom, zoom. After you talk with the salesmen, come back another day and sneak into the repair shop and ask the older techs which are the most trouble free models. With all the high tech mods now, it's getting harder to make them as trouble free as they were say, 10 years ago.

Computerized entertainment systems and radar controlled cruise are just two huge problem areas. I'm sure this is across the different brands. So many of the parts are coming from China and all over the world. Then with all the re-designs to make them more fuel efficient, you open up a whole new risk factor.

With my ad blocker on, I haven't seen anything either.

#46 ·
zoom, zoom, zoom. After you talk with the salesmen, come back another day and sneak into the repair shop and ask the older techs which are the most trouble free models. With all the high tech mods now, it's getting harder to make them as trouble free as they were say, 10 years ago.

Computerized entertainment systems and radar controlled cruise are just two huge problem areas. I'm sure this is across the different brands. So many of the parts are coming from China and all over the world. Then with all the re-designs to make them more fuel efficient, you open up a whole new risk factor.
Common throughout the automotive industry for pretty much any new tech. It's often the first to bite the dust.

A friend of mine with, I think, a Mercedes SUV, has twice had it in the shop because some high-tech anti-theft transmission interlock literally bricks his entire vehicle when it malfunctions. His repair bills have both exceeded $1,500.

This is one of the reasons I bought a bare-bones basic model truck. I miss the cruise control, but nothing else. Even though it's a Ford, normally pretty reliable (my third Ford over the last 30 years), little things keep breaking down, mostly electrical switches like the window controls (full of lint -- worked after I fixed them), the fan switch (contacts for the third speed have literally melted, so I just do without). I've replaced headlamp bulbs twice in 93,000 miles, but those are ridiculously cheap and easy to replace, so no worries there.

My dad had a friend who bought two Mazda RX-7s back in the day, as in the late 1970s. They were fine for the first year, then began having problems. By the mid-1980s, he'd sold both and said, "That was a mistake. I'll never buy another Mazda again." I think he went with Toyota from then on. No issues.

I almost bought a third-gen RX-7 in 1994. My dad reminded me of the story of his friend, related a few more horror stories, and talked me out of it. Besides, I had purchased an Acura Integra GS in 1991, which gave me nearly two decades of trouble-free service! Zero issues.

#47 ·
Well, it's been over a month, and the number of fake posts have grown a lot - like at least two different ones per page. Now they're using titles that have no relationship to the ad that follows. I guess I'm safe to assume that forum rules apply ONLY to members that haven't thrown money at the feet of the owners ? I don't watch TV anymore because of advertisements, I see the end coming for gun forums as well. And it's not the fault of any administrators, moderators or any management - it all rests on the shoulders of the crooks that own the gun forums.

#49 ·
That is so strange !! On this thread, the first two entries listed are fake posts by American Upbeat and Upbeat News. I have adblocker, and it works great for ads, but it is not capable of reading posts that are nothing but camouflaged ads. Perhaps the stuff shows up on select members' screens. Either way, the infection is growing.

#52 ·
Go to the cc forum there are 2 different adds there the Mazda the op is referring to and another

The first my Mazda

The second by upbeat news

I don't see what the big deal is , I click the "what's new" tab to renew the page

#53 · (Edited)
On another gun forum that I visit, the same thing is happening, and strangely, many of the members aren't seeing the fake posts at all. It will be a fact of life, so we (I) better get used to it. On one of those forums, that is infected more than us, the administrator got mad at me because I was seeing what he wasn't. He was using AdBlocker Plus. I didn't have the plus version, so I installed it - in the settings section there is a block to block "unobtrusive ads". Those are the devil. No more fake posts - all is well, for now.

#56 ·
I'm a rotary fan. A thousand years ago as a kid, I helped a race team campaign an RX-3 in SCCA races on the east coast. And when I say "helped", I mean I got in the way a lot, but it was fun and they tolerated me.

The early rotaries did indeed suck. Those were usually the 12A engines, and the apex seals on the rotors would fail early and often, leaving the engines with low compression. The next-gen 13B engines were better, and got better every year. Eventually, the apex seal problem was fixed, but the fuel efficiency would never get where it needed to be, and the rotaries had to bite the dust. RX Mazdas are crazy fun to drive, and MPGs be damned.

I always thought that if the rotary had as much production time by as many companies that made piston engines over the last 100 years or so, the rotary would be a very viable engine today.

Later, I had an 88 MX-6, and that car was awesome. It lasted 350,000 miles before it got too troublesome to keep on the road. I'd still buy a Mazda now if they made one that fit my needs, but they don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.