Google Chrome login OK, but Mozilla Firefox login doesn't take -- Any Suggestions?

Google Chrome login OK, but Mozilla Firefox login doesn't take -- Any Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Google Chrome login OK, but Mozilla Firefox login doesn't take -- Any Suggestions? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I recently switched browsers. I used to use Google Chrome for my main computing window, usually open with with many tabs, and Mozilla Firefox for ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By since9
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Google Chrome login OK, but Mozilla Firefox login doesn't take -- Any Suggestions?

I recently switched browsers. I used to use Google Chrome for my main computing window, usually open with with many tabs, and Mozilla Firefox for my single-tab streaming video window (Hulu, Netflix, etc.) on my left monitor.

The problem arose when the per-tab resources under Chrome became too much for my system to handle without significant slowdowns. Similarly, and probably because Chrome is a per-tab resource hog, the single-tab Firefox window through which I streamed video was starting to jitter.

I did some research and discovered two things:

1. With just one tab up, Chrome's performance for nearly everything, including streaming video, is much faster than that of Firefox.

2. Firefox handles having many tabs in a significantly more efficient manner than Chrome.

So, I switched browsers. I'm now using Chrome for streaming video and Firefox for surfing the 'Net. Result: Memory use remains the same, but still well below my 8 GB max of system memory. However, CPU use has dropped from 68% to 43%. That's a 36.8% reduction in processor load, with a corresponding uptick in overall system responsiveness.

No more video jitters.

The only problem: Defensive Carry isn't allowing me to log in under Firefox. I do get the, "Thank you for logging in, since9," then the next screen shows I'm not logged in and carries the following Notice: "ATTENTION: If you are having trouble logging in, you can reset your password here. If you are unable to reset your password, contact us."

It's obviously not a password issue. Tried it three times. No-go all three times. Obviously, it's the same password I use when logging in under Chrome, on the same computer, keyboard and operating system.

I checked logins into my own vBulletin message forum (ver 4.2.2) on both browsers with no issues.

Is there something running on DefensiveCarry.com that prohibits logins from Mozilla Firefox?

Computer: HP
    Model: Envy
    Proc: Intel i5
    Ram: 8 GB (less than 6 is being used)
    SSD: 1 TB Samsung, 300 GB free

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
    Build: 69.0.1 (64-bit)
    Release: Sept 18, 2019

Any ideas on why DefensiveCarry.com won't load on Firefox?

Any suggestions for a fix?
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

That was weird... Before getting out of Firefox, I clicked on an interesting link, and NOW DefensiveCarry.com says I'm logged in.

(facepalms)

Ok, nevermind...
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Would you enjoy spending significant amounts of conducting research and conveying carefully worded discourse when others trample it under their feet, even to the point of deleting entire threads? Of course not. Me either. Matthew 7:6

Consider yourself never minded.
    Rock and Glock and since9 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    That was easy. Glad I could help. 😂
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Any suggestions for a fix?
    I'm using Firefox 69.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04 with no problems. Been using Firefox exclusively for a few years now. Occasionally I have to wipe out cookies and browsing history but that's the only real issue I have. I usually have more than 15 tabs open when using Firefox (I have 32 GB of memory on this PC). No problem logging into defensivecarry but I do get some kind of message about tokens from time to time - closing and reopening Firefox fixes that issue.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Sponsored Links