Just a Comment - Page 2

Just a Comment

This is a discussion on Just a Comment within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I think a CIVIL sub forum would be a great idea. So much of our 2nd A dicussion spills over into the political realm Most ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Just a Comment

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I think a CIVIL sub forum would be a great idea. So much of our 2nd A dicussion spills over into the political realm
    Most of us on the DC forum are well informed and deeply concerned with the way our government is heading.
    If this is not your cup of tea, you can just not go there.
    But rules must be strictly adhered to.
    In my short time with y'all I have seen a lot of good hearted kidding and mostly respectful disagreements.
    I think we are all mature enough to keep it that way.
    Except for maybe OldVet. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    .....Except for maybe OldVet. LOL
    Awww...He's a pussycat. Just don't bug him about a Christmas card!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Awww...He's a pussycat. Just don't bug him about a Christmas card!
    Name:  th (3).jpg
Views: 28
Size:  17.1 KB
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Site screwy?

Been having trouble posting all day. Get the wheel of wonder going round and round and round. Hit post again and it says duplicate post but at least it posts.
    OldChap likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    The same thing's happening to me today too OldVet, but I figured it was my computer.
    OldChap likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Administrator
    Discussion of firearm and 2nd Amendment politics has always been a "go for it!"

It's the ensuing drift into general unrelated politics that ends up being problematic.
    OldVet and OldChap like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Politicians are not "insane." Rather, they are clever and tricky.
    Politicians pander to their electorate, or, at least, they pander to what they perceive that their electorate wants.

Given: The very most important job of any politician is to get reŽlected.
    Given: The second most important job of a politician is to find out what his or her electorate wants, and then to promise to do that.

Emotions, not logic, drives today's coddled, pampered electorate.
    Perhaps the most important emotion felt by today's electorate is fear. They're afraid of literally everything, including their own emotions.
    So a politician who wants to get rŽelected (or elected in the first place) would do well to promise to remove the things which cause the fear.

The media wants to sell advertising space. To do that, the media has to prove that it has a wide audience which, presumably, reads those ads.
    The media achieves the widest readership ("viewership"?) by offering the most sensationalist "news." The bywords are: "If it bleeds, it leads."
    If it bleeds, it evokes the emotion of fear. Death makes it even scarier. Black rifles, or black pistols, look scary, and may have caused death.

The canny politician recognizes the electorate's fear, and panders to it.
    He or she promises the electorate that those scary black rifles and pistols will disappear...if he or she is reŽlected (or elected).

Metaphor Time!
    So the scared sheep vote for the clever, tricky coyote. The sheep's self-protective, but scary, artificial teeth are removed, so they feel safe.
    And the coyote keeps the sheep trembling with so much anticipatory fear that those sheep don't mind in the least if the coyote kills and eats the occasional sheep, using as an excuse that the sacrificed sheep had secretly and illegally kept his scary defensive artificial teeth.
    The coyote reassures the remaining sheep that the coyote will keep them safe, as long as the sheep keep returning the coyote to office.

Now, I ask you: Does that coyote seem "insane" to you?
    No. I thought not.
    OldChap likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Administrator
    Somewhat off topic.

I just quickly quit watching a video where some brilliant author stated that AR-FOURTEENS serve no useful purpose and are not for hunting.
    I love opinions from the super educated.
    OldVet, Pete63, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Somewhat off topic.

I just quickly quit watching a video where some brilliant author stated that AR-FOURTEENS serve no useful purpose and are not for hunting.
    I love opinions from the super educated.
    I have to agree that AR-14s are pretty useless and not in common use.
    OldChap and Sister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    The same thing's happening to me today too OldVet, but I figured it was my computer.
    That was my initial thought but all other sites seemed to respond fine.
    OldChap likes this.

Administrator
    Hey all,

Please keep an eye on this and if the issue persists I'll escalate it.

-Gerrit

Almost every anti 2A comment or discussion I've ever observed consisted of an emotional anti-gun [email protected] cist, and a logic driven PATRIOT attempting to use rationality and facts in a calm manner. 99.99999 percent of the time it just doesn't change their opinion, because their position is irrational, and/or political.

Instead, one should remain cool, calm, collected, no matter how exasperating that fas cist is, while explaining to that na zi how offended you are that they don't think you have the right to defend children and women against rape and murder. One must state that being anti-gun is RACIST, SEXIST, and FASCI STIC. Talk over them if you have to, in a firm but calm manner. Continue to talk about protecting children and women from rape and murder, and how we need the 2A "for the children". It really helps to say "do it for the children" when defending Freedom to a fasc ist. Mentioning Hitler and the Na zis disarming the Jews is historically factual and very illustrative of the fact that being for more gun control is truly offensive. I think we should turn their tactic around on them- the tactic of always claiming 'offense' to anything they (the left) disagree with.

The Second amendment protects all the others, and for that reason alone there's simply no cause to treat the 2A any differently than the First amendment.

We've already compromised SO much on the 2A that any talk of UBCs is simply unacceptable. The instant background check system, and "barring of gun purchases by criminals, and those deemed mentally ill by a court", are ALREADY law, so at most we just need to give states funding to make sure they actually report data like the law intended. Of course we should repeal the NFA, and declare suppressors just an accessory to protect hearing (like in much of Europe).

Tell the Left the only acceptable action is to DISARM the CRIMINALS by enforcing the thousands of already existing state and federal gun laws. And tell them they "MUST do it for the children".
    "If you're in a gunfight there's no such thing as enough ammo, and your gunfight will only last as long as your ammo." - Clint Smith

"There are only two times you can carry too much ammo, when you're drowning or on fire."
    - Mike Hughes of Gunsite

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    For DC to be a place for gun owners, it seems inevitable that we delve deeper and deeper into the world of politics in regard to what seems to be insane "politicians" who see nothing wrong in attacking and threatening us - law abiding Americans.
    I wholeheartedly concur. In situations like this, avoidance never solved anything.

The Second Amendment has always been a bellwether for Constitutional adherence among politicians. It's not 100%, as some members of the generally anti-gun party tacitly support our Second Amendment while trampling much of the rest of our Constitution, and others who generally support our Constitution might rail against the Second Amendment. By and large, however, it holds true.

Where the Second Amendment really shines, however, is as an indicator of a candidate's unwillingness to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

When a candidate campaigns on shutting down the right of the people to keep and bear arms, it's a clear indication they have no respect for the Constitution as a whole. Not only do they have no clue as to what causes violence involving guns, they neither understand nor respect the necessity of an armed law-abiding populace.

Bottom Line:

- If a candidate fully supports the Second Amendment, I'll give them a closer look.

- If a candidate talks about the need for more gun control, or worse, outright infringements on our right to keep and bear arms, I'll do everything in my limited power to expose their anti-Constitutional, anti-American, and anti-freedom agendas.
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links