Comment on Defensivecarry.com civility VS other sites..

This is a discussion on Comment on Defensivecarry.com civility VS other sites.. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; This is from another gun forum You have been banned for the following reason: knows more than Ruger Date the ban will be lifted: January ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: Comment on Defensivecarry.com civility VS other sites..

This is from another gun forum

1. You have been banned for the following reason:
        knows more than Ruger
        Date the ban will be lifted: January 16th, 2020, 09:00 AM

I don't care and will never go back there again.. my HORRIBLE crime?

I DARED to warn Ruger Wrangler owners to not dry fire thier guns as there is ample documented evidence that substantial damage occurs, and it occurs QUICKLY.. I have dry fired mine very few times, maybe 8 -10 trigger pulls total.. Already I can see the divots where the pin hits the very edge of the Cyl bores ., and peens it over so you can't even chamber a round.. there a YT video of it posted by another Wrangler owner thats pretty shocking..

The mod got furious and made many snotty, nasty remarks about me "knowing more than Ruger", and warmed me against " annoying a moderator".. I told him do what you have to do, despite what the manual says, these guns should NOT be dry fired. So he banned me..

just a few weeks ago a local NY gun forum was SO nasty I just said see ya' and again never went back.. I must say, this forum has a LOT more civility, common courtesy, and is a lot more polite than other gun sites I have been on.. Not saying things can't get testy here, but its just a lot more friendly and even more "forgiving" when someone makes a mistake.. Just wanted to mention this publicly... bob
    JD, msgt/ret, matthew03 and 13 others like this.

VIP Member
    You have my sympathy. I had a similar experience at a SW forum. Some of these guys are way too serious to carry firearms IMHO.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

sgb
    Every forum has warn/ban happy mods .... I left this forum for quite a spell because of a couple of the mods here.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Good moderators know how to keep order but not get too heavy handed.
    We have them here.

Welcome to the club. I know more than Kimber and Glock.
    Struckat, WC145, M1911A1 and 9 others like this.
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Senior Member Array Well_Regulated's Avatar
    Whenever an Internet forum becomes one's raison d'Ítre, it's time to re-evaluate one's priorities.
    You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

VIP Member
    @beebee I read your post there and watched the video. I thought it was very informative and helpful. I'm glad they only banned you for a month.

However, if people want to dry fire those guns and wind up with the same problem of not being able to load good ammo, they can just send the gun back to Ruger like it seems everyone else does these days. Sometimes I wonder how many new Rugers are made properly anymore and don't need to be sent back. OOPS: Modify that to acknowledge that other major manufacturers also seem to have a lot more problems with quality control in the past few years.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

This is a well behaved forum. We don't always agree with one another, but we do it with respect. Usually. I feel I have many friends here and this is the best gun forum on the net I've found.

flh
    What do you mean other gun forum
    gatorbait51 and CWOUSCG like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    @beebee I read your post there and watched the video. I thought it was very informative and helpful. I'm glad they only banned you for a month.

However, if people want to dry fire those guns and wind up with the same problem of not being able to load good ammo, they can just send the gun back to Ruger like it seems everyone else does these days. Sometimes I wonder how many new Rugers are made properly anymore and don't need to be sent back. OOPS: Modify that to acknowledge that other major manufacturers also seem to have a lot more problems with quality control in the past few years.
    Thanks SG.. I was not nasty at all as you saw, or a "know it all" on that forum.. I was just trying to help, and keep guys from damaging their new guns... I will never go back to that forum again.. I'm too old for nastiness and heavy handedness. I tend to appreciate robust but POLITE debate, and sharing of ideas and info... Too many gun forums are not that way,, 3 others I have been on and will never go back... This one is certainly the best I have been on.. Maybe someone can recommend some other good ones in a PM or something.

btw ruger is very attuned to the potential problem now, and although my "damage' is very minor, they called me and politely asked if they could send me a new cylinder so they could examine mine. I assured them there was no need, but agreed, and a new one is on its way with a return shipping label.. Ruger cares, and wants happy customers, that much is obvious..

What are these MOD's you speak of??????!!!!!!!!!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Every forum has warn/ban happy mods .... I left this forum for quite a spell because of a couple of the mods here.
    Ditto
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by bill35738 View Post
    What are these MOD's you speak of??????!!!!!!!!!
    Mods means moderators. We're not gonna name names. That would just start a fight.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Every place seems to be unique. Noticed a few "ex-members" recently.

The line here seems to be toed relatively equally. Seems that is more than most forums. The couple of "interactions" I have had regarding rules, have been fair IMO.
    Pete63 and gatorbait51 like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Lead Moderator
    It is a danger to dry fire some revolvers. I took one in recently that wouldn't chamber a single round and the damage on the cylinder was evident.

I fixed it by taking a .22 reamer and hand reaming each cylinder to remove that divot and corresponding high spot. When I was done, you could still see most of the damage but at least it chambered and shot.

Banning anyone for bringing up a simple fact is idiotic.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links