Lost Control of the Thread Index Again?

This is a discussion on Lost Control of the Thread Index Again? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I posted a reply in the Loss of a Matriarch thread. The active topics shows me being the last to post, but no post of ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Hoganbeg
  • 2 Post By Wavygravy
  • 3 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 3 Post By ThirdShift
  • 2 Post By Pete63
  • 2 Post By Pete63

Thread: Lost Control of the Thread Index Again?

I posted a reply in the Loss of a Matriarch thread. The active topics shows me being the last to post, but no post of mine in the thread itself.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Yep, You are lost in the ozone. I've got no advice for you except to remember this the next time someone tells you how reliable computers are!
    OldChap and G26Raven like this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Distinguished Member
    OldChap and Hoganbeg like this.
    Charlie Co. 101st Assault Helicopter Battalion (Wings of the Eagle), 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile)
    Phu Bai, Vietnam 1971-72

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    I've had that happen upon occasion. Sometimes refreshing (reloading) the page brings the missing posts back up on the screen. Other times they don't appear until "some time later" which might even be after leaving this site and returning.

It's not your computer and possibly not even a function of vBulletin keeping up to date, although some browsers will flip up the last viewed page unless you force them to reload the new version. I don't have the problem when using Opera but sometimes do when using Firefox.

Sometimes it is your ISP storing web pages to make it look like you have a faster internet speed than you really have. AOL used to be notorious for doing that. Not sure how many of them still do it now.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Senior Moderator
    I can see it. Please try closing your browser, and then check.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

VIP Member
    I was reading, and responded to a thread about Trump opening up "business opportunities" for firearms manufactor's. NOW, whole thread GONE? WTH?
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Administrator
    Running a clear of server cache. That missing thread, do you know which section it was?

Kevin

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavygravy View Post
    My Pappy said "Son you're going to dive me to drinking if you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Running a clear of server cache. That missing thread, do you know which section it was?

Kevin
    I spoke with "JD". Some maroon's didn't heed "OD's (I think) warning with respect to "keeping it on target" , resulting "in the entire thread vaulting into the ozone!"
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post

Kevin
    Thank's!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Sponsored Links