What the heck was that?

What the heck was that?

This is a discussion on What the heck was that? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I tried to post to a thread, it wanted me to identify myself if I was a robot? First time this has ever happened? There ...

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Struckat
  • 2 Post By flh
  • 2 Post By Sister
  • 3 Post By m5215
  • 1 Post By Struckat
  • 4 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By OneGunTX
  • 2 Post By Scouse

Thread: What the heck was that?

What the heck was that?

I tried to post to a thread, it wanted me to identify myself if I was a robot? First time this has ever happened?

There was a problem, I cannot see good enough to verify if it’s a bus or train in that small picture, my vision is just that bad and the pic’s too tiny.

Is this a new thing or did I hit a glitch?
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Well, are you?
    ugh762x39 and Kenny53 like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

flh
    Quick look outside do you see this guy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What the heck was that?-img_3919.jpg  

TSKnight and ugh762x39 like this.

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Am I what? Lol.

It’s working fine now, had never had that happen before.

Ain’t going outside to dang hot!!! If that virus is killed by heat and humidity then Houston is germ free after today!
    KILTED COWBOY and baren like this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member

ugh762x39, Sister and TSKnight like this.

A robot, but I don’t think so at this point.
    They pay better attention to the topic being discussed.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

...yeah, but since it’s Houston more like this ;

Name:  BA2698E9-C3EE-4836-8E70-12B1A563CD49.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  27.4 KB

UDC member

This place was going through some sort of software update. It went bad. Some of us were locked out for two days. It made you reset you pass word . Then would not let you log back in. Then it let you log in but not post. If you tried to email support they changed your email address to someone else's.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Thanks @Smitty901

Its doing it again today

UDC member

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Thanks @Smitty901

Its doing it again today
    Good luck
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    My screen is clear, click on it, it opens up. First time all the time. And normally each post is well written, and common sense. The member who has an Austrian wife, who reacts to being called a German, strongly. Because Germans are rude? The French are way ruder! or rude.

But thinking back, to 1965 my one and only camping trip to France, when I lived in England. Travelling by ferry, from Dover to Calais, in my new Austin Mini Van. Driving off the ramp, the engine would not rev! Just tick over. The engine was in the front of this wee motor.
    As I was examining the engine, hood up. Pulled up next to me a french plated Miny Car. The driver spoke good English and after we both had no solution, he offered to lead me to a dealer, not too far away. But it took a long time to get there! The young mechanic, who spoke no English, but with my nice French new friend, told us that some thief had stolen a spring from the carburettor! On the Ferry.

He picked up a spring from a scrap bin? Click, fixed. Refused to charge me anything, handshakes all around, and off I went. My new guide/and translater refused to accept any money for his gas either.

Later on in the afternoon, a Volkswagon two-door car. Swung out from my right (I had a Brit steering wheel vehicle!) I had to brake hard, causing my youngest, to slide off his mothers' lap, and hurt himself on the dash. A long blast on my little pipsqueak horn! Got the French/US rude finger! The next traffic light, he stopped, I lept out, went to his open window, and could not answer his tirade of French?
    So used the Liverpool answer, laid him out across his seat! The light changed, I drove around the VW and continued on.

A few years later, having moved to Sydney Australia. All 4 of us, found out that anyone coming from the right, in France, had the right of way! OOPS!

@Sister , you have been assimilated. Resistance is futile! Welcome to the Borg.
    Sister likes this.
    CHINA LIED AND PEOPLE DIED!

VIP Member
    Do you stay logged in all the time? If you log out when you leave and have to log in again, that could very well be the cause of the captcha thing. I stay logged in and other than the few times when I have been booted off due to web site's glitches, I just click on my quick link icon and here I am, all ready to read, post, etc.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

ShooterGranny.

My Lenovo Flex5 3 years old? Backlit keys. Started acting up! My local Office Depo techs put a new brain in it, SSD solid-state drive right away 100 miles an hour speed. Sign in to the internet, sign out! Spectrum! no more cable, just internet. Also our cell phones. $84.00 + $120.00 saving about $80.00.

For a man who does not know the alphabet! I do OK with E-mails! Started school at age 5, lost a couple of months when the Germans damaged the school with an incendiary bomb. They put one through my Dad's Pub Gents toilet roof as well, two buckets of sand fixed that. 25ft from going through my bed! Being born in 1935 was not all roses you know. School 5 till 15 YOA. free too! Seeing all those big Yanks in my Dads Pub, now I am a Yank!
    msgt/ret and Kenny53 like this.

Reference leaving the Lap Top on all the time, or not. My wife seems to think, you are better off shutting down your computer, at the end of each session. To keep your computer virus-free. So I do that. And the lightening speed I now enjoy is alive and well, I am happy as a clam with it.

Just turned it off, back on again, seconds! There might be two reasons for this, one the new brain! And also changing from my cable connection to the internet connection. Supplied by my local network provider Spectrum.

For the last 2 years, our TV connection, with cable has been terrible. gaps in the sound, a couple of seconds at a time, and a pull, quiver? Across the centre of the screen. Streaming has fixed that! It was a previous visit by a Spectrum tec. Who set us straight, saved money as well.

Visiting my Wifes youngest, and family in Folsom CA, last Nov. for 3 weeks, their remote controls for the TVs, were voice controlled! So much better than ours. Pistols had to stay at home! Self-defence, just my City Stick.
    Last edited by Scouse; May 19th, 2020 at 05:27 AM.

Sponsored Links