Companies offering Lifetime Warranties - Page 3

Companies offering Lifetime Warranties

This is a discussion on Companies offering Lifetime Warranties within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would have to say that turn around time and customer support is more important to me than a lifetime warranty. For example I lost ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Companies offering Lifetime Warranties

I would have to say that turn around time and customer support is more important to me than a lifetime warranty. For example I lost a part on my Henry Rifle that was my fault. I called them and they sent me the replacement part free within that same week. My first Gen 1 Glock 17 went full auto I had it back repaired with an apology letter in less than 10 days. I had a Taurus revolver that spent over 2 months (with numerous calls, emails, asking what was going on) in for warranty repair. Never again! Just my .02 worth!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

VIP Member
    I have lifetime warranties on Walther and Ruger weapons that I have had to access. Both were fast, easy, and no hassle. For the Ruger it was my fault for putting after market target grips on my MkII. They evaluated the weapon, wrote a detailed explanation, and even put new factory grips on the weapon free of charge. This was all before the internet and it was all handled via phone. S&W provided me with sized grip pieces for a police trade-in M&P for free without hesitation. My experiences with each of the three were all flawless and that is why I own more than one from each company.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    There are a few companies that offer Lifetime Warranties. Is this a matter of marketing, commitment to the product, or a non issue? The companies that I am aware have these warranties are Glock, Keltec, Rohrbaugh, Taurus, Springfield Armory and the Smith and Wesson M&P line.

Would not the availability of spare parts and the gunsmiths who can service the weapon be more important for what firearm should be considered?
    To me lifetime warranties equate into quality.....as far as guns are concerned lifetime also means repair parts and quality gunsmiths to correct the problem.....IMHO

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    Call me a cynic but lifetime warranties seem to be valid for the lifetime of the warranty as determined by the manufacturer. Not the lifetime of the firearm.

As I understand it Smith offers a lifetime warranty now. How long will it last? Try to get service on a Gen 1, 2, or 3 pistol. Even applies to their old pinned and recessed revolvers I believe.

Similarly with Ruger. As I understand it they no longer provide parts or service for their old .22 pistols or their first line of DA revolvers.

Hypocrites IMO.
    Joe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links