Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 235

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ccw renewal. took 60 days this time....

Page 235 of 319 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 245 285 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4779
Like Tree10349Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

ccw renewal. took 60 days this time.
    airslot, OD*, MMinSC and 1 others like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Kimber K6s DC

That looks amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Bacon, MMinSC and Old Man like this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

VIP Member

Sort of a Grail Gun!

I've always kinda wanted a P38. From watching old WWII flicks as a kid, to seeing Napolean Solo fighting off T.H.R.U.S.H. with one, the P38 has held a certain fascination for me. Never found a good enough deal on one to 'pull the trigger', though.

Well, this morning at the Lafayette, LA Gun Show, I found a deal I couldn't walk away from:

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-p38.jpg

It's an alloy frame in Excellent condition, 1968 production, and has an interesting pedigree. Seems that Walther (or Interarms?) took a bunch of P38's back in trade from the West German police, refurbished them, and put them up for sale. Came with box, holster, instruction manual, and two magazines:

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-p38-box_r.jpg

I was a little surprised, as I would have thought that a '68 model would be either a P1, or a P38/II. Anyway, I'm pumped, and looking forward to shooting it!

[ETA] If anyone has any info regarding these W. German Police trade-ins, please share!
    Last edited by Kilowatt3; September 22nd, 2018 at 09:10 PM.
    Pete63, airslot, MMinSC and 5 others like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    I've always kinda wanted a P38. From watching old WWII flicks as a kid, to seeing Napolean Solo fighting off T.H.R.U.S.H. with one, the P38 has held a certain fascination for me. Never found a good enough deal on one to 'pull the trigger', though.

Well, this morning at the Lafayette, LA Gun Show, I found a deal I couldn't walk away from:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P38.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	280929

It's an alloy frame in Excellent condition, 1968 production, and has an interesting pedigree. Seems that Walther (or Interarms?) took a bunch of P38's back in trade from the West German police, refurbished them, and put them up for sale. Came with box, holster, instruction manual, and two magazines:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P38 Box_R.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	280931

I was a little surprised, as I would have thought that a '68 model would be either a P1, or a P38/II. Anyway, I'm pumped, and looking forward to shooting it!
    Very Nice! I've always wanted one too. But like you said : price!
    Kilowatt3, airslot and OD* like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I had one and it cost me $30.00 in 1964 and my Luger cost $35.00. Sure wish I had both of them today.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-500d6f2d-e2d6-43c1-806c-326e9a0a21e7.jpeg
    airslot and Kilowatt3 like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    I requested Colt Archive Letters for my New Service revolvers back in May, and they showed up yesterday!

Attachment 280519Attachment 280521

As expected, the M1909 was shipped to the U.S. Army in the Philippines in 1909. I was pretty sure that was the case, but it was cool to have it confirmed.

The M1917 letter was perhaps a little less "interesting", but it was nice to learn a little more about the ol' warhorse. Seems the gun shipped two days after the end of WWI, so it wouldn't have seen service then, but I've learned that M1917's were still in service through WWII, Korea, and even Vietnam, so who knows what action this ol' gun might have seen? Couldn't help but notice, too, that when the 1917 shipped, my Grandma would have been pregnant, awaiting the arrival of my Dad!
    Very cool, Jim!
    SatCong and Kilowatt3 like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

KCI 26rd Glock 21 mags. Mmm Mmm Mmm .45 goodness.

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-kci-g21.jpg
    Militant likes this.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Oh yeah! Steel core leather gun belt. Finally. and a Galco Lite shoulder rig for my G23. Loving all of it so far.
    BIGSAM likes this.
    I don't think it's nice, you laughin'.

VIP Member
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-dsc03580.jpg
    OD*, Old Man, airslot and 3 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.Ē― Friedrich Nietzsche

Distinguished Member
    I picked up a S&W 43C today and just in time received in my mailbox some Tipton .22 snap caps that I had ordered. Needless to say I now have blisters on both of my index fingers after approximately 500 trigger pulls, 250 with each side. I would pull 25 times and then slowly stack the trigger through the first two clicks and hold while I aligned the XS white bead front sight on various objects in my garage. Following this exercise for working on smoothing the trigger pull, I compared it to my two S&W 442s, a 442 no dash and a 442-1. Both had significantly better trigger pulls than the 43C. Just for the heck of it, I got out an old S&W M18 and compared the double action pull to the 43C. I shouldn't have done that! Since I was feeling very masochistic tonight I proceeded to get out my S&W M66-1 that has had thousands of rounds fired through it (and it isn't my best revolver trigger pull, a S&W M10 that has been "smoothed" holds that position). I concluded that I need to pick up a trigger pull gauge to find out more precisely where these are breaking at.

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-43c-5.jpgAttachment 281277Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-66-1-3.jpgAnybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-j-frames.jpg
    airslot, BIGSAM, OD* and 4 others like this.

Poorly, airslot, OD* and 3 others like this.

XD9 Mod 2 Service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MMinSC likes this.

M&P 2.0 full size 9mm FDE

Stopped by the LGS this evening. Gun is three months old, came with three mags but only one(small) back strap. I'll contact S&W this week for the rest of the back straps. I just can't figure out how someone looses all the spare parts when they have the case to leave them in.

Even with the $9.00 cost of the back straps, I still saved 25% from MSRP.
    Last edited by airslot; September 30th, 2018 at 06:12 PM.
    MMinSC, flh, scottync and 3 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Walther PPK/S
    380 ACP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    scottync, OD*, airslot and 5 others like this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Sponsored Links