Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 237

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Best Gun show ever. Just looking for a set of proper grips for my colt trooper. Well I got the grips. Perfect origonal colt manufactured ...

Page 237 of 302 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 247 287 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 4522
Like Tree9372Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

Best Gun show ever. Just looking for a set of proper grips for my colt trooper. Well I got the grips. Perfect origonal colt manufactured stocks. I should have left then. I got a couple of tyler grips, a fully automatic BB gun, A Colt detective special revolver with a bit of holster wear ($500) , some Jerky, and some fudge
    OD*, airslot, Poorly and 6 others like this.

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Best Gun show ever. Just looking for a set of proper grips for my colt trooper. Well I got the grips. Perfect origonal colt manufactured stocks. I should have left then. I got a couple of tyler grips, a fully automatic BB gun, A Colt detective special revolver with a bit of holster wear ($500) , some Jerky, and some fudge

"Come on man"

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    You did alright!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Haven't had a horse in the stable since 1988 when I stupidly sold my Diamondback.

Put a Colt Trooper MkIII on hold at my LGS. 1980 by serial #. 6" barrel.

I need to find a set of replacement grips, preferably OEM.
    OldVet, flh, SatCong and 4 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Range bag/tactical backpack and ear protection so I donít have to use the shooting ranges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

I know, I know pics or it didn't happen

Picked up the Trooper III today.

Found a set of NOS rosewood grips that haven't arrived yet and it will share the holster for the 6" GP100.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_0609.jpg  

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_0606.jpg  

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_0607.jpg  

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_0608.jpg  

flh, MMinSC, OD* and 5 others like this.

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Good news for Arkansas residents today...

Yesterday Arkansas Court of Appeals upheld that ACT 746 DOES protect constitutional carry.

This is the first case (that I know of) that has done so since the law went into effect.

@HotGuns have you seen this yet?

source: https://conduitnews.com/2018/10/18/o...-carry-upheld/
    graydude, airslot and Sister like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Yeah I know no pics or it didnít happen so believe me or not. Iíve gotten a few this past year but decided not to ďshow and tellĒ online any longer - getting too paranoid HOWEVER, I have to tell about the scope that came with one of my purchases. My most recent purchase cost $500 and for what I got we were both more than pleased for the piece itself. Hereís the fun part and why Iím posting, on top was a $400 red dot scope!!!

CWO was fit to be tied so I had to tell that part - what a deal!
    airslot and Tstone like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

The rosewood grips got here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_0611.jpg  

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_0610.jpg  

flh, OldVet, Sister and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    The rosewood grips got here.
    How are you gonna hold onto that thing? You'll have to rough them up with a wood-burning pen and top it off with skateboard tape. Otherwise, it will slip right out of your bloody, sweaty hands!
    airslot likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    How are you gonna hold onto that thing? You'll have to rough them up with a wood-burning pen and top it off with skateboard tape. Otherwise, it will slip right out of your bloody, sweaty hands!
    We'll see how they feel when I get it to the range. I may need to get some checkering files and see what I can do. They're oversize, so there should be plenty of material to work with.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    We'll see how they feel when I get it to the range. I may need to get some checkering files and see what I can do. They're oversize, so there should be plenty of material to work with.
    Right! Measure twice, cut once. Order new grips.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Right! Measure twice, cut once. Order new grips.
    Not an option. Found these on E-bay NOS. As far as I can tell, they are as out of production as the Trooper.

VIP Member
    I just ordered two loaders for .22 magazines. I have one that is an oblong piece of plastic, close to 1/4" thick, with a hole the side of the Mark IV magazine in the middle. You push down on the solid sides and save your thumb from numb by no longer having to push on that nasty little side button. I wanted 2 more, for the M&P compact .22 and the Browning 1911-22, but didn't want to spend a fortune.

I have the mini UPLula which will load the magazines BUT it also will dent the brass - .22 brass being quite a bit thinner than .380 brass - so it is either find the outside the magazine ones that push down on the loading button or use the old, sore fingers.

So we spent the afternoon going to all the local gun stores. No joy. Not even close, so it was back to the internet. I ordered one by Maglula that is way too expensive but made for the .22 compact (and a few other mags that size), and one that is going to be too small/narrow in the opening for the Browning, but it was only a few bucks and gramps can get out his files and dremel and play with it to see if he can make it work.

The maglula one was $20 and higher everywhere. I found it on Amazon for $14.75 including sales tax, so I got both of them for $7.90 less than I would have had to pay on Midway. I feel pretty good about that. I like the folks at Midway, but -----
    OD* and Tstone like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I just ordered two loaders for .22 magazines. I have one that is an oblong piece of plastic, close to 1/4" thick, with a hole the side of the Mark IV magazine in the middle. You push down on the solid sides and save your thumb from numb by no longer having to push on that nasty little side button. I wanted 2 more, for the M&P compact .22 and the Browning 1911-22, but didn't want to spend a fortune.

I have the mini UPLula which will load the magazines BUT it also will dent the brass - .22 brass being quite a bit thinner than .380 brass - so it is either find the outside the magazine ones that push down on the loading button or use the old, sore fingers.

So we spent the afternoon going to all the local gun stores. No joy. Not even close, so it was back to the internet. I ordered one by Maglula that is way too expensive but made for the .22 compact (and a few other mags that size), and one that is going to be too small/narrow in the opening for the Browning, but it was only a few bucks and gramps can get out his files and dremel and play with it to see if he can make it work.

The maglula one was $20 and higher everywhere. I found it on Amazon for $14.75 including sales tax, so I got both of them for $7.90 less than I would have had to pay on Midway. I feel pretty good about that. I like the folks at Midway, but -----
    I have used these for about 7 years.

Ultimate Cliploader UCL22 Ruger Pistol 50 Round Magazine Speed Loader - Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WJB4HK..._FEf0BbQVVMEZX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Sponsored Links