Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 268

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Poorly With my 5", I use a 14 lb spring..... Same here....

Page 268 of 303 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 278 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4532
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    With my 5", I use a 14 lb spring.....

Same here.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    Uh oh! Guess What Day It Is? Guess What Day It Is? Huh? Anybody? DC?

I just flew in from my trip to San Antonio, TX earlier today. I went straight to my LGS to pick up my new stainless steel S103 "SOUTHPAW" 1911 from Cabot Guns. It was a 6 month waiting period as they built it from a block of steel upon my order last November BUT it's finally home. No more merely shooting "ambidextrous" pieces that still eject casings from the right side of the gun. This is ALL LEFTY...the mag and slide releases, the safety, the barrel rifling, the ejection port and even down to the magazines. They are ALL LEFTY and I LOVE IT!!!! We're hitting the range tomorrow morning. Woooooo!!!!

OD*, flh, jwilson904 and 17 others like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    That is pretty, Doc, and I imagine it shoots that way too.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.

NRA Patron Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Militant View Post
    Uh oh! Guess What Day It Is? Guess What Day It Is? Huh? Anybody? DC?

I just flew in from my trip to San Antonio, TX earlier today. I went straight to my LGS to pick up my new stainless steel S103 "SOUTHPAW" 1911 from Cabot Guns. It was a 6 month waiting period as they built it from a block of steel upon my order last November BUT it's finally home. No more merely shooting "ambidextrous" pieces that still eject casings from the right side of the gun. This is ALL LEFTY...the mag and slide releases, the safety, the barrel rifling, the ejection port and even down to the magazines. They are ALL LEFTY and I LOVE IT!!!! We're hitting the range tomorrow morning. Woooooo!!!!

That thing is sweet.
    Plan on carrying it?
    Do you plan on getting a 2nd in case this one gets held because of a SD shooting?
    Personally I'm hunting for a replacement for my Para BOR.
    airslot, Militant, Tstone and 2 others like this.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSAM View Post
    That thing is sweet.
    Plan on carrying it?
    Do you plan on getting a 2nd in case this one gets held because of a SD shooting?
    Personally I'm hunting for a replacement for my Para BOR.
    Thanks @BIGSAM .

And yes! I bought it to carry it! I don't think like some. To carry a less expensive piece in case it gets taken as a result of an SD shooting. That's not my mindset. If it aids me in defending myself, my wife or another loved one and it happens to get taken due to investigations etc? Then, so be it! We're still alive! I can ALWAYS buy another Cabots Gun piece. ALWAYS!!! But, I can't get back a loved one! I do, however, plan on buying a 2nd one just for the sake of having another one to rotate back and forth with this one.
    Poorly, OD*, Tstone and 6 others like this.

ďA manís rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge boxĒ - Frederick Douglas

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    That is pretty, Doc, and I imagine it shoots that way too.
    Thanks @OD* . I'm taking it to the range in the morning. I'll let you know! I expect it to do very well also.
    airslot, OD*, SatCong and 5 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Looking forward to it, sir.

NRA Patron Member

Bravo @Militant ! That is one pretty 1911! Congrats to you, sir!

Looking forward to reading the range report.
    "...Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air
    sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware...
    "

Rush / Red Barchetta

Just received the two Glock .357 SIG magazines I ordered to satisfy my curiosity, which it did. After comparing them, both the 15 round and 13 round SIG mags are identical to my Glock .40 mags.
    OD*, flh, Tstone and 3 others like this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tstone View Post
    Bravo @Militant ! That is one pretty 1911! Congrats to you, sir!

Looking forward to reading the range report.
    Thanks, @Tstone . I took it to the range today and ran a little over 100rds through it. It shot smoothly and handled the recoil very well. Initially, I was all over the place with my shots. Once I finally settled down (in my mind) and realized that it wasn't a polymer HK but a stainless steel 1911; I started getting the feel for it, my grip got better and I was more on point with my shot placement. I took some photos but when I load them they are sideways. Ugh! I'm hitting the range with it again on Tuesday so I'll take better pics. Other than that; I'm very, very pleased with my "SOUTHPAW." I bought it to carry it as my main EDC but I'll definitely keep an HK or two close by in my go bag.
    OD*, airslot, Tstone and 6 others like this.

Today I purchased a Radian Weapons black nitride enhanced BCG for my AR15. My Ruger MPR came with a phosphate finished bolt in a semi-auto cut with an un-shrouded firing pin. The rifle runs good with it and I have not had any problems but I thought I'd upgrade to a FA carrier with a nicer finish and keep the OEM one as a spare.
    Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men. - St. Augustine

I picked up a 2nd hand Kydex IWB holster for my Kimber Micro 9 from the discarded holster bin at my LGS. Basic black (but c'cmon guys, it's inside my pants) with a nylon clip. Maybe DeSantis? A ten dollar bill had it out the door. A quick tweak of retention screw, and I'm wearing it.

A little victory for the day...
    Still Clingin'

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-aaf14994-9d5d-440d-a600-4dbcb8f9d58d.jpeg

Picked up a new shotgun today. Itís a yildiz over/under 12g. I do almost no shooting with a shotgun, but Iím doing a clay shoot, and I didnít do so well last time shooting a pump so I thought I would get something new. Not sure how the gun compares to others, but a couple friends have this gun and seem to like it for an inexpensive over under.
    SatCong, airslot, Tstone and 5 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

From Palmetto State Armory got 3x Sig P320 mags for $29 each and Sig Romeo 5 red dot for $119. Free shipping!

Picked up a new XD Mod 2 9mm Tactical to go with the subcompact I have. Shares most parts and mags, ammo too.

Sponsored Links