Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 280

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver my .357 SIG barrel and ammo. Why do you feel like a kid waiting for Santa when gun ...

Page 280 of 283 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4237
Like Tree8418Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

I'm just waiting for UPS to deliver my .357 SIG barrel and ammo. Why do you feel like a kid waiting for Santa when gun ammo/parts are involved?
    MMinSC, Wolf357, Sister and 1 others like this.

Just received some magazines. P320 9mm 21 round and 17 round.

CDNN is having a sale:
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig-sauer...l#.XXgyeKjYrnE
    airslot, OD* and Sister like this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

VIP Member
    Stumbled onto another 10/22. 2011 vintage SS carbine. Tapco stock, Magpul butt stock, Vortex "Strikefire" and 5 BX25 mags. $321. OTD.

This is 10/22 number nine. We've already discussed my addiction in a previous thread. I'll get some pics tomorrow.
    OD*, Sister, MMinSC and 2 others like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Stumbled onto another 10/22. 2011 vintage SS carbine. Tapco stock, Magpul butt stock, Vortex "Strikefire" and 5 BX25 mags. $321. OTD.

This is 10/22 number nine. We've already discussed my addiction in a previous thread. I'll get some pics tomorrow.
    Maybe you should get some help tomorrow instead...
    airslot, OD* and MMinSC like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    I got a 1000 lumen Streamlight for my patrol pistol. It has rechargeable batteries and a push button pad attached to the guard.

With the strobe function I was reflecting it off a wall in the house during the day and it was making me disoriented.

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20190911_214159.jpg
    OD*, airslot, Poorly and 2 others like this.

VIP Member

Very Productive Gun Show Visit This Time!

Went over to the Orange, Texas gun show this morning. No new guns, but I did pick up several goodies!

Got two "Universal" holsters from "The Holster King" at a great price. One leather, one nylon. Looking forward to trying them out with various pistols & revolvers:

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-theholsterking.jpgAnybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-holsterking2.jpg

I did a little "review" of these in the "Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options" forum. Interesting and versatile design, and I sure couldn't beat the price!

Early last year, I got a Kel-Tec SUB2000, and it's a super fun little carbine, but getting a good sight picture with it is tough. So is mounting any kind of optic without interfering with the folding design of the gun. I'd been thinking a low-profile laser was probably the way to go. This morning I found an Osprey Global laser that seems to be just the ticket:

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-sub2000-laser.jpgAnybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-sub2000-folded.jpg

Mounted at the front of the lower rail, it's barely noticeable, and doesn't get in the way at all. I think it's going to be fun!

Finally, I found a box of new production (2018) .38 ACP ammo from Precision Cartridge, for my Colt 1903 Pocket Hammer:

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-pci-.38acp.jpgAnybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-pci-.38acp-headstamps.jpg

Finding .38 ACP at all is tough. Most of what I do find is either antique (like 80-100 years old) that I don't really want to shoot up (and REALLY expensive), OR it's recent production that's loaded in .38 Super cases. That kinda rubs me the wrong way! This ammo from Precision is loaded in new brass from Graf, with the proper headstamp! So, a great find!

All in all, a great morning at the gun show, without blowing a whole lotta money!
    Sister, OD* and airslot like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Finally, I found a box of new production (2018) .38 ACP ammo from Precision Cartridge, for my Colt 1903 Pocket Hammer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCI .38ACP.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	301908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PCI .38ACP Headstamps.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	301910

Finding .38 ACP at all is tough. Most of what I do find is either antique (like 80-100 years old) that I don't really want to shoot up (and REALLY expensive), OR it's recent production that's loaded in .38 Super cases. That kinda rubs me the wrong way! This ammo from Precision is loaded in new brass from Graf, with the proper headstamp! So, a great find!

All in all, a great morning at the gun show, without blowing a whole lotta money!
    At $45 a box, a few boxes of that would pay for a reloading setup.
    SatCong, Sister, airslot and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've got a reloading setup. Just don't have it set up, and don't have the time or the space to set it up at present.

I don't shoot the 1903 much (like hardly at all), but I needed the brass just to be able to load a little up when I get the chance. I could use .38 Super brass, but I just don't want to do that, as a matter of principal! Now, I don't have to shoot up the unobtainium vintage ammo, and don't have to use .38 Super brass. A win-win.
    Sister likes this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Got my Simply Rugged Cuda holster for my CZ75 compact.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-screenshot_20190914-143940_gallery_1568503456025.jpg  

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-screenshot_20190914-143928_gallery_1568503464675.jpg  

Rabbit212, Sister, OD* and 2 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Not new as I had posted it a couple weeks ago, polished up the slide on my little Bersa 380. I think it looks kind of ok but the plan has always been to get it cerakoted so this is temporary.
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20190914_182346.jpg
    Sister and OD* like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    Got my Simply Rugged Cuda holster for my CZ75 compact.
    Oh I like that!! Simply Rugged was on of my favorite holster makers before I went AIWB.
    OD* likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Pre-Ordered six S15 magazines from Shield Arms . These are suppose to be 15 round flash fit magazines for the G43X/G48.
    Havok and Sister like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Ordered a belly band side carry from Daltech Force for my .357 wheel gun. Will take a pic of the band when it getís here (no not on me lol) Plan on hip carrying in the middle, grandma wore a girdle all the time and didnít complain so I figure it would try to wear it like that and see if this fix the carrying situation. Darn thing is heavy, if worn on either side its a trip to the chiropractor no lie.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post

Also PCI ammo has a pretty bad rep as I rememebr ...I know Tim from MAC on youtube did a vid on there 6.5 japan ammo it was crap hangfires and such
    ďEvery normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.Ē H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Just received and test-fit my new Ruger MKii mag, now 3 of them. Such a fine old handgun.

Didnít ďget itĒ yet, but Ordered today another HIVIZ litewave front sight. Love the one on my G17, not so much the fatter and dimmer one on my G19, so this will hopefully improve my 19. It still wonít shoot like the G17, never can - thanks to Gramps and SG for breaking in the 17 and training it so well. Maybe I could farm out the 19 to you two? Or at least to Gramps since SG isnít shooting 9s now.

Member IDPA & GSSF
    Preserve Our Rights

Sponsored Links