Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? - Page 296

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

This is a discussion on Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got the following for the PX4: Magazine Release kit (3 sizes) D Spring Special Duty Spring Kit Recoil Spring and Metal Guide Rod G ...

Page 296 of 303 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 4532
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?

VIP Member
    I got the following for the PX4:
    • Magazine Release kit (3 sizes)
    • D Spring
    • Special Duty Spring Kit
    • Recoil Spring and Metal Guide Rod
    • G Type Stealth Safety levers
    • Magazine Pad Extended & Spring 20 Rounds

All were a breeze installing (not all the springs were installed) except the Type G Stealth Safety levers. They were a bit of a PITA but they eliminate the bat wings of the PX4 and really slim it down while turning it from a Decocker/Safety to a straight Decocker. The DA trigger pull dropped by 1.5lbs with the installation of the Type D spring. The 20 round extension was $12 with the 40% off discount and since I had 3 magazines I thought 'Why not?' It holds 19 but I hear it takes a while for the spring to relax and accommodate 20 rounds. Either way I added 2 rounds at least to the magazine. The greatest part is that they are all factory parts and installing them leaves the weapon in "factory standard" condition per Beretta. Now to get back to the range - I'm thinking Wednesday
    BCC73 and Henry9008 like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

VIP Member

Nice leather OWB retention holster for the PX4 from Beretta. Great 40% off sale made it a great buy too!
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Got my new G-SIGHT laser trainer in the mail today. Somehow misplaced my other one. Best $35 training aid available imo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-screenshot_20200108-161959_gallery_1578522233884.jpg  

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-screenshot_20200108-162430_gallery_1578522303036.jpg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

PSA 5.56 Freedom lower
    OD*, Old Man, airslot and 1 others like this.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

Senior Moderator
    Went by my gunsmith's shop today. He was bemoaning all the boxes of magazines he's got. He's been trying to go through them for years. Has 36 copy paper-sized boxes full of magazines, old and new. I picked up a new stainless steel Shooting Star 10mm Delta Elite magazine just because he put a box up on the counter as illustration of the contents of the boxes.

Anyone know about the Shooting Star magazines? Who made magazines for them?

What about Randall magazines. He has a bunch of Randall magazines, both normal 1911 magazines and magazines for left-handed 1911s. He's sold a few of the southpaw 1911 Randalls for $100 each. Is a Randall magazine anything special?
    OD* likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Went by my gunsmith's shop today. He was bemoaning all the boxes of magazines he's got. He's been trying to go through them for years. Has 36 copy paper-sized boxes full of magazines, old and new. I picked up a new stainless steel Shooting Star 10mm Delta Elite magazine just because he put a box up on the counter as illustration of the contents of the boxes.

Anyone know about the Shooting Star magazines? Who made magazines for them?

What about Randall magazines. He has a bunch of Randall magazines, both normal 1911 magazines and magazines for left-handed 1911s. He's sold a few of the southpaw 1911 Randalls for $100 each. Is a Randall magazine anything special?
    Randall magazine are pretty good (I still have four of them), before they went under, they also produced the Pachmayr 1911 magazines. I can't say who makes Shooting Star magazines now, but when Chip first brought them to market, they were made by Metalform.

ETA: After Randall folded, Pachmayr's were made by Mec-Gar.
    Last edited by OD*; January 11th, 2020 at 12:07 PM. Reason: damn spell check
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Starting 2020 out with a bang. First came the new G21 Gen4, and today I adopted this little guy, SW 5906:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-5906_2.jpg  

BCC73, OD*, Tstone and 1 others like this.

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-ebeb4df6-3e2c-423a-82bc-c1d48e1fdc64.jpeg

Went back and forth between these and another set of Tru Glos and ended up deciding to give these a try.
    BCC73, OD*, Tstone and 1 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Received a Vedder pocket holster for my LCP today, very nice.

Been waiting for 3 weeks for We The People to fix their design problem with a IWB holster, going to call them Monday and just send it back to them already.

Hope to pick up a 1911 tomorrow, that is if wifee lets me out of the house for a little while.
    Havok, OD*, Tstone and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBEB4DF6-3E2C-423A-82BC-C1D48E1FDC64.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	310394

Went back and forth between these and another set of Tru Glos and ended up deciding to give these a try.

Good choice, I got 2 sets of em. One on my Sig SP2022 and the other on my shield 45. Their really good for old tired eyes imo.

Pulled my PC shield 9 out of the safe yesterday and set it up for a dry fire practice session. It has the factory night sights with the little bitty white dots. "Focus on the front sight they say", hell, I couldn't even see it. Lol.

Ordered a set of XS Big Dots with the orange front today. I have a set on my HK p2000sk and love em. I can even see that big dot without my glasses. Just cover whatever you want to shoot with that dot, and your good to go. The Trijicon HDs are my second favorite sights.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-screenshot_20200110-200149_gallery_1578708145268.jpg  

Smitty901 and OD* like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rlggray View Post
    Good choice, I got 2 sets of em. One on my Sig SP2022 and the other on my shield 45. Their really good for old tired eyes imo.

Pulled my PC shield 9 out of the safe yesterday and set it up for a dry fire practice session. It has the factory night sights with the little bitty white dots. "Focus on the front sight they say", hell, I couldn't even see it. Lol.

Ordered a set of XS Big Dots with the orange front today. I have a set on my HK p2000sk and love em. I can even see that big dot without my glasses. Just cover whatever you want to shoot with that dot, and your good to go. The Trijicon HDs are my second favorite sights.
    Glad to hear. With any luck, I will get them installed tomorrow morning and try them out in the afternoon.
    We get the government we deserve.

Been a busy week for gun related stuff for me. Tuesday I got my 1911. Today, while picking up ammo for the first trip to the range with her, I got some cleaning supplies, and an el cheapo shoulder holster.

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_004519.jpg
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_004530.jpg
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_004606.jpg
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_004245.jpg
    Poorly, CWOUSCG and airslot like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Was supposed to get a new to me Chicom SKS, two 30 round mags, and a 1000 rounds of ammo today, but Fedex dropped the ball again and they are all stuck in limbo somewhere in Chicago. I also have a powder baffle coming for my Lee auto-disc on the Loadmaster. (easier to buy one than make one)

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar

New Vedder for the 43X

Lightuck for the 43X came in yesterday, typical Vedder goodness. The 43X just might be working it's way to the top of the rotation for EDC not crazy about these night sights but overall it's a great pistol.

Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_204224.jpg
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_204212.jpg
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-20200112_204202.jpg
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

CZ P10 S . The subcompact of P10C with 12 round mags. Ergonomics are great and I get a little more grip than my G26 that my pinky had no room to fit. This is not the Optic Ready model. Really like the front & rear serrations (deep & positive) front Tritium sight and Blacked out rear sights. Very smooth short take-up and very crisp clean break....reset also is short and tactile and I'm a fan of the flatter trigger. 200 rounds so far without issue and it's a pretty flat shooter for it's size.
    Anybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_1781.jpgAnybody get anything good that's firearm related today?-img_1782.jpg
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

Sponsored Links