NY 1 or NY 2 trigger springs in glocks - Page 3

NY 1 or NY 2 trigger springs in glocks

This is a discussion on NY 1 or NY 2 trigger springs in glocks within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by AndyC Never shot a model 10 before, as far as revolvers go I have a heritage rough rider 22lr / 22mag combo ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: NY 1 or NY 2 trigger springs in glocks

Distinguished Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Never shot a model 10 before, as far as revolvers go I have a heritage rough rider 22lr / 22mag combo which I keep the 22 mag cylinder in, I have a Smith & Wesson model 25 colt 45 ctg, Taurus m44 44 mag, and the Smith & Wesson 500 magnum. All of them except for the heritage, which is SA only, I shot DA.
    With that background you will do very well with the 1 trigger.
    AndyC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I don't want nuthin that says New York anywhere around my shooters.
    I knew I like you for a reason.
    G-man* likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

When I first got my Glock last year, I had the NY 1 trigger installed for my comfort level. Fast forward to today, I still have the NY 1 trigger installed but I had the 3.5 connector installed instead of the standard connector. It now has a lighter trigger pull, but a more consistent pull as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My gen 2 G 19 was a police trade in, and came with the NY1 trigger. As I am primarily a revolver guy, I like the pull, as it more closely mimics the DA pull I am used to.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

There's no point. If you get startled and reach for the trigger, you are doing so with over 20 pounds of force. As far as an accidental (not negligent) discharge, I have tried several times with an unloaded gun to induce one by letting a piece of my shirt or a holster strap get in front of the trigger with absolutely no luck. Bottom line, I wouldn't do it. In fact, I opted to lighten my trigger pull.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIll View Post
    My gen 2 G 19 was a police trade in, and came with the NY1 trigger. As I am primarily a revolver guy, I like the pull, as it more closely mimics the DA pull I am used to.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    That was my thoughts, if I go out shooting with say 500 rounds, 350-400 of those rounds will be through a DA revolver. I for one pretty well hate light triggers
    SWIll and Secret Spuk like this.

Distinguished Member Array ca survivor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
    Well I went ahead and ordered the ny1 and ny2. Here's hoping they will not only fit but that I can put them in without breaking something
    taking them out is when you can break them, push from the bottom on the tab, do not pull from the top.
    AndyC likes this.

Just to update this old post, the ny1 and ny2 arrived today. I got them in fairly easy. I had a few things that slowed me down some and I had to tinker with however I had no issues really. Got it apart and together quite easy. No armorer needed at all! After some practice and playing I've decided to stick with the NY 2 and stock connector. Thanks everyone for the advice and help.
    SWIll likes this.

I have Two police trade in Gen2 G19's. One came with a NY1 and the other a NY2. I couldn't replace them fast enough. The one that came with the NY2 had the rear sight adjusted all the way to the right. It's now centered on the slide and shoots POA. I guess that 12 pound trigger was causing the former user to pull way left. No wonder the NYPD are always hitting innocent bystanders.
    I tried the NY1 and - connector once out of curiosity and didn't like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links