S&W BG380 w/laser... wow, whatta trigger pull! - Page 2

S&W BG380 w/laser... wow, whatta trigger pull!

This is a discussion on S&W BG380 w/laser... wow, whatta trigger pull! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO There's got to be a way I fix the trigger Here's one: http://gallowayprecision.com/smith-a...bodyguard-380/...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: S&W BG380 w/laser... wow, whatta trigger pull!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    There's got to be a way I fix the trigger
    Here's one: http://gallowayprecision.com/smith-a...bodyguard-380/
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

The trigger is what it is. I like it, as it is similar to my da/SA revolvers that I love. It does pocket duty on occasion

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    A while back we did a "desert run" and one of our occasional shooters brought his then-girlfriend along. He wanted her to get some instruction from the two of us who are more experienced, and we had a few different pieces for her to try out. She brought along a S&W Bodyguard her dad had given her. After we were comfortable with her ability to get decent hits with full-sized guns, we invited her to show us what she could do with the Bodyguard. She couldn't put 5 shots into a silhouette target at 5 yards with that thing. Oh joy, it has a laser... who cares, if the laser dot is on the ground in front of you by the time the striker falls! My buddy and I took turns with that gun, and it had the absolute worst trigger I've ever experienced. I can't recall if the travel was long, because this 12-ounce gun had what felt like a 12-pound trigger! Shame on S&W for letting a gun go to market with that awful a trigger. I commend you for sticking with it... let us know if you master it or if it improves with use.
    Oh, I am quickly getting better, no doubt, as anyone here would. It truly takes some getting used to. I am a little worried about how it might affect my shooting with other handguns tho, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    The BG380's trigger makes it a "not a beginner's gun".

But on the plus side, I've found it reliable and accurate, and if a person can master it then any other pistol is easy.
    Yep, this is my thought too......

Quote Originally Posted by sterg View Post
    The long heavy trigger makes it safer for pocket carry. God forbid if it ever comes a time you have to use it I don't think it would be an issue.
    Yes, I am 100% with you on this point. There's almost no way possible for a ND with this pistol. I said 'almost'......

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    There's got to be a way I fix the trigger
    There's a kit from at least one company available, 'graydude' linked it already. 'Hickock45' on YouTube did a number of videos with this gun, some without the trigger kit and some videos with the kit installed. The trigger was better, but the gun did have some light strikes before AND AFTER the trigger kit. I have had two light strikes already with the stock trigger (hard to believe, as heavy as it is), but both rounds fired on the second pull.

That's the kit.................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^........... ...
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SWIll View Post
    The trigger is what it is. I like it, as it is similar to my da/SA revolvers that I love. It does pocket duty on occasion

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    It reminds me of my 642. Stages the same way too. I almost think they use the same parts. It only feels different in as there is more room with the revolver.

I inherited a first generation BG with laser (at no cost thankfully) that had to go back to S&W. They eventually sent back a late production gun and scrapped the original. After a bit of shooting, I replaced the trigger with a Galloway Precision, which is the older style, not what they sell now. The difference was very pleasing. My wife and I both easily kept everything in the scoring rings at 15 yards. We broke the gun in and no malfunctions at all either before or after. It carries very well (I use it as a BUG) in a front pocket with a proper pocket holster. My wife carries it in a Flashbang Holster when she cannot carry her Shield. I would recommend the Galloway trigger kit. It really makes the pull more tolerable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links