Good electronic power muffs low profile - Page 2

Good electronic power muffs low profile

This is a discussion on Good electronic power muffs low profile within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No. I have only used them with a 45 and 357, I don't know how well they would do with a rifle or shotgun yet. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good electronic power muffs low profile

No. I have only used them with a 45 and 357, I don't know how well they would do with a rifle or shotgun yet. I will have to try them with my shock wave. That would seem to be a good test.

The NRR dB rating is logarithmic. Each 3 dB is double the reduction in noise. A NRR rating of 30 dB is half the volume of 27 dB. The other important specification is the attack time or the time it takes to reduce the noise to the NRR rating. If they don't advertise it, it is because they are not proud of it.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    The NRR dB rating is logarithmic. Each 3 dB is double the reduction in noise. A NRR rating of 30 dB is half the volume of 27 dB. The other important specification is the attack time or the time it takes to reduce the noise to the NRR rating. If they don't advertise it, it is because they are not proud of it.
    What's a good attack time? I saw some walkers on midway USA regular 180 on sale for 80 and it gave the attack time at .02 seconds with a nrr at 26db. I'm a little worried they may be to thick for rifles and shotguns though

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I recently bought a pair of these Walker's. I haven't tried them at the range yet.

Walkers Game Ear Razor XV - HuntSmart
    HIGHLY recommend the Walker Razor. I got the "Patriot FDE" with the two American flag patches. Comfortable, easy to operate and cool looking. ONE downfall....sometimes it sounds like the noise is coming from the other room. Hard to explain....like you're in a large cathedral or something....I like em though. $56 bucks on Amazon
    Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

kinda narrowed down to these 4. I know these places will let me return if I don't like them, but would rather avoid that hassle if possible. Anyone have any other opinions or thoughts to add on any of these 4 models? My big main thing is they must be low profile enough that I can shoot my rifles and shotguns with them. Kinda like the midway Walkers because they are the higher db rating and they also actually advertise the Sound activated compression reaction time which as @LimaCharlie pointed out and I agree with is important, but I'm not sure they are low profile enough for the rifle / shotgun days, and they are also $30-$60 more than the other three without shipping factored in which would be free at amazon for the two amazon models.

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Game-...tag=ssafety-20

https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight...bdfd5f5fff8995

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/22...-nrr-26db-gray

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/77...SABEgKSRfD_BwE
    CDRGlock likes this.

VIP Member
    The Walker's from Midway do look fatter than the others. The reviews praise the ability to listen to music or talk on the phone while shooting. For me that is a total waste. When I'm shooting that is all I'm doing, but you might want the bluetooth stuff.

I already gave our personal review of the 2 from Amazon so no need to repeat.

I spend a lot of time reading customer reviews for most things I buy. They are helpful, keeping in mind that a product with only 6% negative reviews out of minimum several dozen total is about the best you are going to find. At least that's been my experience.

Good luck on getting the right ones for you on the first order!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    The Walker's from Midway do look fatter than the others. The reviews praise the ability to listen to music or talk on the phone while shooting. For me that is a total waste. When I'm shooting that is all I'm doing, but you might want the bluetooth stuff.

I already gave our personal review of the 2 from Amazon so no need to repeat.

I spend a lot of time reading customer reviews for most things I buy. They are helpful, keeping in mind that a product with only 6% negative reviews out of minimum several dozen total is about the best you are going to find. At least that's been my experience.

Good luck on getting the right ones for you on the first order!
    Bluetooth stuff is not needed for me at all. The midway reviews for the walkers are a lot better than the amazon reviews for the same muffs. I found some others that got a lot better reviews on both midway and amazon compared to all 4 of the above options. I may go with them. They only have a nrr of I think 22db, however all my shooting is done outside in the wide open so hopeing thinking wondering if maybe 22db would safely be enough

I'm using the Howard Leight Impact Sport (same as you have listed in post #20, OP). They are not the absolute best at NRR, but they are more than adequate, have a good mic pickup, aren't stupid expensive, very low profile, and have the audio aux input for playing music/audio from your phone and the like. I mounted a GoPro camera mount to mine, since there's a nice flat-ish area on the side (still need the curved mounting plate). Makes reviewing training quite nice.
    CDRGlock likes this.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    I'm using the Howard Leight Impact Sport (same as you have listed in post #20, OP). They are not the absolute best at NRR, but they are more than adequate, have a good mic pickup, aren't stupid expensive, very low profile, and have the audio aux input for playing music/audio from your phone and the like. I mounted a GoPro camera mount to mine, since there's a nice flat-ish area on the side (still need the curved mounting plate). Makes reviewing training quite nice.
    I love my Howard Leight. They automatically shut off if I forget about them. Super durable and the batteries last over a year.

I also like that there isn't a lag between sound and what I hear. Some cheaper ones work that that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I finally tried my Howard Leight's with my shock wave last Friday and they worked well. The noise was not bad at all even with buck shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    I love my Howard Leight. They automatically shut off if I forget about them. Super durable and the batteries last over a year.

I also like that there isn't a lag between sound and what I hear. Some cheaper ones work that that.
    Yeah, that auto shutoff feature has saved my batteries on multiple occasions.

As for the sound delay, I have noticed a very slight delay. And by "very slight", I mean 0.2 seconds or (more frequently) less.
    CDRGlock likes this.
    JackRock
    https://www.ryancash.co
    My EDC: PPQ M2 9mm in a Long's Shadow Antero IWB Holster, A custom mag/Leatherman/Flashlight carrier, and a folding knife. Also, my cell phone, and some fully-functional gray matter between my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrock View Post
    Yeah, that auto shutoff feature has saved my batteries on multiple occasions.

As for the sound delay, I have noticed a very slight delay. And by "very slight", I mean 0.2 seconds or (more frequently) less.
    I bought a cheaper version from a gun show for cheap. It had a longer noticeable delay. Quite unnerving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links