NAA .22 mini revolver - Page 2

NAA .22 mini revolver

This is a discussion on NAA .22 mini revolver within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've equipped my .22 Mag with night vision:...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: NAA .22 mini revolver

VIP Member
    I've equipped my .22 Mag with night vision:

NAA .22 mini revolver-20151113_175547_resized.jpg
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array ETXhiker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMan0352 View Post
    I noticed the photo with my 500 didnít upload so I will repost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice. Which one is the .500?
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

It was $180 new in box. Iím not sure how much the swing out cylinders are. They also had some of the ones that have the clip on the handle that fold for $60 more but I was just looking to get the basic model. Iíve never owned one but have always been fascinated by them.

https://northamericanarms.com/firearms/

In .22 Mag, it looks like MSRP is $236 for the basic model, and $350 for the Sidewinder swing-out cylinder model.

I can see the appeal, but if used for defensive purposes, I'm not sure how much a Sidewinder would help. It seems to me the proper use for such a firearm is "shoot BG in the face and then run."
    GreenMan0352 likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member

I saw that, AND thought you were referring to your stomach as "THE 500 MAGNUM!"

NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    I've equipped my .22 Mag with night vision:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151113_175547_resized.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	168.5 KB 
ID:	237970
    Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

You could shoot the .22 pistol out of that 500.
    GreenMan0352 and bmcgilvray like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I bought my 1 5/8" .22 Mag model in 1999. At the time, I was on a standard cycle for pulling brigade equivalent Staff Duty Officer (SDO), and that entailed significant middle-of-the night solo roaming of isolated motor pools and questionable barracks. There may or may not be a connection there.

Since then, my NAA has by far the most duty hours of any of my carry guns. I am contemplating getting the wooden boot grip for enhanced shootability.
    bmcgilvray and 10thmtn like this.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Love these little guns! Dad had one a long time ago and Iíve always wanted one for myself. Thanks to this thread I just bought one from buds, should be here in a couple of days!
    GreenMan0352 and Okeechobee like this.

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAdam View Post
    Love these little guns! Dad had one a long time ago and Iíve always wanted one for myself. Thanks to this thread I just bought one from buds, should be here in a couple of days!
    Nice! Iím about to go test mine out. Congrats on the new purchase too.

Just finished doing some shooting with her and did 100 rounds pretty fun gun! It wasnít the most accurate obviously but plenty fun still!

10thmtn likes this.

I've inspected the original version (remove cylinder and use base pin to poke out the empties) and the Sidewinder (swing-out cylinder). Personally, I prefer the original. The lock-up and release of the swing-out cylinder doesn't feel nearly as solid as that of the original version.

I was going to get the Sidewinder, but it costs significantly more, and the cylinder swings out the "wrong" way, so it really wouldn't be much faster to reload.

I have the .22 LR version, and adding the folding grip really does make it much more shootable. Interestingly, I find I am more accurate point shooting it than trying to use the sights.

The break-top version does look interesting.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Carry a sidearm always. Be able to put shots into the torso and then head, if needed. The rest is much less important.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I was going to get the Sidewinder, but it costs significantly more, and the cylinder swings out the "wrong" way, so it really wouldn't be much faster to reload.

I have the .22 LR version, and adding the folding grip really does make it much more shootable. Interestingly, I find I am more accurate point shooting it than trying to use the sights.

The break-top version does look interesting.
    100% agree with you regarding the point shooting vs aiming. I was not aware of the sidewinder model until today but I looked up the price and agree I would of still bought the one I purchased. Iím completely satisfied with the little thing! Kinda loud with no ear pro but that couldíve been expected.

10thmtn likes this.

Ah the NAA belt buckle gun. In the '80s or the '90s you either had one or were so far behind in the race you thought you were in front. I bet they made a fortune with those things.
    A Man's house is his castle

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    Everyone should have at least one. They are the true go anywhere handgun and follow the first rule. Always bring a gun. Mine is a .22LR. I need to pick up a .22Mag as a litter mate.
    Joe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links