What should i pay for a glock? - Page 2

What should i pay for a glock?

This is a discussion on What should i pay for a glock? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; When we first bought new Glocks the price was $599 for most models and sizes. The new ones are priced lower now, and it is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: What should i pay for a glock?

VIP Member
    When we first bought new Glocks the price was $599 for most models and sizes. The new ones are priced lower now, and it is 10+ years later. If you can find a new one for $400 or $450 you will be doing great.

The last G42 I bought was used in excellent condition if a bit dirty. I paid $400 for it, mostly because I saw it and decided I had to have it because I only had one of them. LOL That was close to 3 years ago.

I just sold a 17 year old very good condition G17, Gen2 for $350 plus shipping from my FFL to his FFL, which is lower than most anyplace on line IF you could find a G2 anywhere at all. I can't shoot 9mm anymore and Gramps decided he wanted to keep my 19 and 34 but did not want the 17. The fellow who bought it was happy.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Are you considering used?
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

I just bought a G42 in Connecticut less than 2 weeks ago. It was $399.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Iv owned glocks thatís about it. And in the academy i carried the 17.

What Rugers are you recommending? Iím going to try and get my friend whoís sworn in to buy me one with his discount. (Blue label for glock)
    Proud sponsor of: LegitCarry.com

Quote Originally Posted by soflo View Post

What Rugers are you recommending? Iím going to try and get my friend whoís sworn in to buy me one with his discount. (Blue label for glock)
    Well mine are posted in the classifieds if you are interested in used. If not I have no problem hanging onto them. But good luck with whatever route you go.

Getting your friend to buy one for you would result in an illegal straw purchase.
    kukla, scottync, Instymp and 1 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Senior Member Array GreenMan0352's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBojangles View Post
    Grabagun currently has G42's at $399.

To everyone suggesting support local, I get it. I'd like to support local too. However local 9 times out of 10 is still overly expensive, even when being forced to attempt to haggle and get the price where it's acceptable for your appetite.

I shouldn't have to try to be nice and kiss some ass to get a decent price. I'll go online and order. Sorry mom and pop locales, but times are a changing. Get competitive if you want my business.

At the end of the day, they still make the FFL transfer fee of $25 for your firearm.

The last time I bought a gun online, I went to my LGS to pick it up. The guy I know behind the counter told me he was swamped with FFL transfers, having received over 600 firearms on that mornings FedEx delivery.

600 x $25 = $15,000 for a day or twos work of some paperwork. Nothing to sneeze at.

I'll keep buying online until B&M stores get a clue.
    Thats too bad Sharp Shooters in Lubbock, TX will price match any price you show them. Iím 100% local now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Getting your friend to buy one for you would result in an illegal straw purchase.
    thanks for that, it needed to be said!
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Exactly. But the shop may honor his discount for you. There is a local police supply shop here and when I was a constable I took my cousin in and they gave him my price. No straw purchase as he was the buyer. Worth checking into.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBojangles View Post
    Honest question drmordo, when I last looked Ruger's (a while ago, admittedly) they still had the over abundance of safety "features". Magazine disconnect safety, the LCI (huge LOADED WHEN UP FLAG sticking up from the top), and I forget what other ones.

Does that new EC9 share these same qualities? I honestly don't care for any of them, which is typically why I shy away from Ruger. Nothing against the quality of the product, just hated all the redundant safeties in place.

TIA
    I don't pay that much attention to those features because they don't bug me. But I looked it up and the EC9s does have a mag disconnect, a cut out port that acts as a LCI, trigger safety, and a thumb safety.

I wouldn't call the mag safety and LCI redundant, since they protect against different issues. The thumb safety and trigger safety are redundant, but don't bug me mostly because I put little faith in a trigger safety and carry a 1911 sometimes so am conditioned to flick off a thumb safety.
    Rooster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMan0352 View Post
    Thats too bad Sharp Shooters in Lubbock, TX will price match any price you show them. Iím 100% local now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would if I could. The last time I went for a price match at my local I got a lot of hemming and hawing. A new one has opened up down the street, perhaps next purchase I'll try them out.

It's not that I don't want to buy local but I don't like to get my pants pulled down all in the name of "loyalty" either.

Whatís up guys? My last glock 43 purchase was when i was in the police academy and i got honored with the blue label discount at $348. Right now all i can find locally is the g42 for $498 out the door new.

Is this fair? Iv tried armslist buy everything is crazy expensive on there..

Any recommendations where i could get a decently priced glock?
    GT Distributors (https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock.html) they are a Blue Label Retailer and can send your new glock to any FFL in the country.
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by boatman37 View Post
    So how does this work? Do they ship to your local gun shop? Definitely a better price than I can find locally.
    Yes. The gun may only be transfered through a FFL - your local gunshop probably charges $25 for doing the transfer paperwork.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Yes. The gun may only be transfered through a FFL - your local gunshop probably charges $25 for doing the transfer paperwork.
    Will check it out. Might save me $100. Thanks!
    OldChap likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links