Rant: A gun does NOT have a handle! - Page 4

Rant: A gun does NOT have a handle!

This is a discussion on Rant: A gun does NOT have a handle! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LAMP becomes = that thing that is on/off bright and so tall and you push the button to make it bright. If you want the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Rant: A gun does NOT have a handle!

Administrator
    LAMP becomes = that thing that is on/off bright and so tall and you push the button to make it bright.

If you want the absolute correct terminology - the "lamp" is actually just what we call the lightbulb.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Sister
    ShooterGranny, it may be a handle to folks that canít remember words and I ainít joking. We play conversation Pictionary daily at our home, canít remember simple words sometimes. [my fault, due to the lyme]

Originally Posted by Shooter Granny
    ...Sorry about the words messing you up, could always be worse. ...
    @Sister - I agree with you about the "missing word" stuff because I have the same problem and it is frustrating. There are too many times when I have to stop mid-sentence and use the right side of my brain to call up a picture and then hope to transfer that to the left side to get the word that goes with the picture. ...The words "thingy" and "gizzy" come in handy sometimes!

This is one that I understand completely.
    After my car accident with resulting concussion and what Dr's call Post Concussion Syndrome, I have a disconnect between left and right brain. Thinking visually and trying to put in words the picture in my mind is sometimes a daunting task!

On the subject of people who claim expertise on a subject, but fail to use correct terms? That is a common problem. Especially with the advent of the internet. So called journalists fall prey to this on a regular basis.

Audited a college class a couple years ago where a classmate used an inaccurate source in a project. The project failed to work because of it.
    The inaccurate data came from a web site written by a fifth grader.

Yep, check your sources!
    Correct use of terms and grammar lends credibility to the author.
    Last edited by TSKnight; September 27th, 2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammar
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    Yep, check your sources!
    Correct use of terms and grammar lends credibility to the author.
    Yep, and it's also a good clue on any 'blog' that tells you it's not really a true blog, per say, it's an example of "Affiliate Marketing".

This is a HUGE thing now in every niche and hobby. People setup blogs targeting what they hope will be a profitable niche. They then do often very superficial 'reviews' of items and gear, often cutting and pasting from elsewhere, and they include links to where you can purchase those products. When you click on the link, the retailer knows it's from that person's blog, and they get a kickback payment when you buy the item, or even if you just click the link. Often, the same creator will make several of these sites so they can have more passive income coming in each month. Thats why you'll often see verbiage that stands out as odd to the knowledgeable reader, and choices for "Best of.." list that seem odd.

Affiliate marketing 'blogs' are EVERYWHERE now. It's getting harder to tell what is a legitimate site anymore.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Lead Moderator
    Amen @Shooter Granny;! On both the handle and the clip!
    ShooterGranny and msgt/ret like this.
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    LAMP becomes = that thing that is on/off bright and so tall and you push the button to make it bright.

If you want the absolute correct terminology - the "lamp" is actually just what we call the lightbulb.

The smoking lamp is lit.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I know of a gun that does have a handle, the Broomhandle Mauser.

Attachment 281003

And it is loaded with a clip.

Attachment 281005

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links