eBay Top Rated Seller going After my Gun

This is a discussion on eBay Top Rated Seller going After my Gun within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How do I handle a guy that's going after my gun? (here's what I mean)... Years ago a deal went bad with this top rated ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: eBay Top Rated Seller going After my Gun

How do I handle a guy that's going after my gun? (here's what I mean)...

Years ago a deal went bad with this top rated eBay seller to where he's been following me and stalking me for over 6 years. In 2013 I found out he was having me investigated or followed because he wanted to see where I lived and went, and worked on a daily basis. In 2013 I posted a Gun Safety tutorial video on YouTube and when he found it, he began start telling people I was dangerous and that I may do something to others and that I had a "Loaded gun". He's been emailing my workplace, calling my workplace, sending letters to my workplace, and trying to get his friends at eBay to do it for him also.

My question is, how do I handle this cyberstalker. He likes to frame the story like he's concerned for people with the mass shootings that's been happening so the FBI should come and take my firearm away.

Apparently my cyberstalker told the police I had a "Registered Loaded Gun" and that I was going to harm myself or others.

My question is, how do I handle this guy. (No I'm not going to say who it is, or give names) but just know he's a top rated ebay seller that lives in another state. I tried to get a protection order on this guy but they won't give it because he's outside the state.

Can anyone give suggestions as to how to handle this guy?
    msgt/ret, CG11 and OneGunTX like this.

Check with a lawyer, or maybe Tony Soprano.....

Why are you asking us?
    NRA lifetime member

Flint

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Did you contact Ebay and tell them what is going on? They might help to put a stop to this harassment. I hit the buy tab on ebay one time to see how much shipping would cost on an item and then right away told the seller that I didn't want to finish ordering. They didn't send the product because I hadn't paid anything but they wanted to force me to finish buying it. They gave me a bad mark on my record. I notified ebay and told them what happened and they said to ignore it and that the bad mark on my record would be gone in thirty days. I would notify Ebay and ask them what to do about the problem.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Have you called the police in the state where he lives? Might be time to get a lawyer

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Best advice I ever heard: Restraining orders are another way to say I love you.
    Chicagobill likes this.

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    I've been selling on eBay for 10 years. Report them explaining what you told us through the system. Then call them to further put it on record. They will act upon it. If you need help you can PM me.

Distinguished Member
    Research "18 USC 2261A"

In some cases, interstate harassment by use of the US Mail, the telephone or the Internet can be considered a federal crime.

Get a lawyer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

You might try www.ic3.com. Not sure what they would do, but I think in these kinds of cases, it is really important to have a paper trail of counter-complaints you have made. I would also report him to the cyber-crimes units of your state and local law enforcement, as applicable and the same in his jurisdictions.

I would also get your company's IT to block, but save all emails he sends there and forward those emails to you only, if you can. More paper-trail. Also, you can file a restraining order across state lines. That is a federal law.

https://legalbeagle.com/5667915-file...ate-lines.html

This is an interesting case, thanks for posting about it. I would call this "Cyber-Swatting."

eBay Top Rated Seller going After my Gun-ic3.jpg
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Sounds like swatting from here. Either contact the local authorities in his jurisdiction, or your FBI field office, or both.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Ex Member
    @miglockowner , You need to talk to a lawyer before you do anything else. While an eBay complaint might work you better have absolute proof of your claim because if you cannot offer that proof the stalker might press a calomagainst you for making an unsubstantiated accusation. He could even file a suit against you.

There are probably several state and federal laws that govern such behavior, but you need specific advice and/or assistance from someone who actually knows the laws. So unless there is a lawyer writing in this thread I suggest you not follow any advice other than get a lawyer. You might have a civil action if you can show that he has damages your reputation. Be careful.
    BBMike and UrsusMedius like this.

This is post number 2 from a new member...Sorry but i call BS on this one and besides what are we supposed to tell
    him/her that is gonna help anyway?
    Chicagobill and CreedDryrot like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    This is post number 2 from a new member...Sorry but i call BS on this one and besides what are we supposed to tell
    him/her that is gonna help anyway?
    I try to give newbs the benefit of the doubt for the first three or four posts...
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I try to give newbs the benefit of the doubt for the first three or four posts...
    That is a pretty deep post for a new member and i am not sure that anyone here can help anyway.
    Not sure a forum is the best place for advice on this one...Just my opinion and that is worth....Well you know!

I think we already have given him some good advice. Also, this problem may eventually be a problem for others here. It is worth discussing.

And just running to a lawyer or your local PD is not likely going to be as satisfying as one might hope for.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links