Buyer's remorse anyone? - Page 2

Buyer's remorse anyone?

This is a discussion on Buyer's remorse anyone? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by LimaCharlie I have bought, sold, and traded hundreds of guns since the first one in 1962. @ Nifty I'm similar to @ ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Buyer's remorse anyone?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I have bought, sold, and traded hundreds of guns since the first one in 1962.
    @Nifty I'm similar to @LimaCharlie , acquiring my first firearm in 1962. A lot of water under the bridge since them. My memory isn't quite as sharp as it use to be, so this thread led me to review my records to jog my memory. I have been disappointed a few times, particularly with used firearms purchased over the internet, and more peculiar is that I have had more issues with rifles than handguns. It seems that less than scrupulous folks can hide more things with the pics of long arms than handguns.

I purchased a bolt action rifle on the internet from a dealer in Ft. Worth, Texas last year, one that I had been on the look out for quite a while, ever since my oldest son had laid claim to one just like this one, a Ruger Mk I RL with tang safety in .25-06. When I received the firearm it didn't have the correct red butt pad. I thought, okay, I can replace that. I went to take the barreled action out of the stock and found that someone had glass bedded the action without using release agent. You do not want to do that! Nearly impossible to get the action out of the stock without some damage to the stock. When everything was said and done, rifle restored to near what I thought I had purchased, I was so aggravated with the rifle I sold it without ever shooting it. As they say, let the buyer beware of used firearms purchased over the internet.

All in all, if you never venture anything you will never gain anything. That is my approach to purchasing firearms. Some will just not work out, and they move on to someone else, with full disclosure made if there are actual issues beyond just my own personal preferences.

Senior Member Array muzzleblast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    Has anyone here spent money on some gun that just left you later wishing you hadn't?......but worry I'll regret things later.
    The direct answer is no.

But, tears come to my eyes every time I think about the gems I walked away from and left on the table. Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I can still see them...
    It's been my observation that the first few shots are the most important ones and that we will run out of time before ammunition unless our "problem" is quickly "solved." - Stephen A. Camp

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction..." Ronald Reagan

Yes, I've had a couple and I sold them finally after I just just couldn't stand to shoot them anymore.
    Old Man and ShooterGranny like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Nope, but I've had sellers remorse many times.
    “I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on. I don’t do these things to other people and I require the same from them.” John Wayne - The Shootist

"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." Seneca

VIP Member
    Yes...... Everytime I get caught up in a bidding war on Gunbroker.com! Doesn’t happen anymore, but it’s bitten me on the rump a few times....
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    Erma .22 luger. true piece of crap. Bought it back in the 80's. To be honest, the only real mistake I made, so I will take that 1. For $200 what did I expect?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

I bought a Para Ordnance LDA 45. It was the perfect size. It was accurate. Nice to carry. It was very unreliable. Just when I thought it was broke in it would jam. In a years time it went back to Para 4 or 5 times. They finally sent me a new gun. By the time I got the new one I was over it. I sold the new one and recouped my money. I’ve carried Revolvers ever since then.
    bill35738 likes this.
    Two Revolvers, Two Reloads, every day, all day.

VIP Member
    I've had some buyer's remorse over my XDm .40 - bought ~2007, not long after they'd been released. The pistol got a lot of hype in the gun press, and I figured it would be good to have a high-capacity pistol in .40 S&W.

Never could warm up to the gun, or the caliber. I don't think the Croatian "Hrvatski Samokres" pistols compare very favorably with competing models from S&W, Sig, or a few others, in terms of "fit 'n finish" or ergos. The XDm has pretty much sat in the safe for the last 10 years. The only reason I still have it is that Mrs. kW3's coyote gun is a PCC in .40 S&W, and I figure that if I'm going to keep .40 ammo on hand, I might as well have a couple of guns that shoot it!

JMHO
    YMMV
    Cornhusker95 and airslot like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Buyer's remorse anyone?

I have owned a lot different guns.

If there is a gun I don’t like, I get rid of it.

Most of the guns I got rid of, I didn’t do my homework to research how it is. Reliability issues, quality issues, heavier trigger, ergonomics, or traded towards other designs.

Guns I have let go by trading or selling:

Springfield XD SC 9
    Springfield XDM 9
    Beretta 92 FS INOX, twice
    Beretta PX4
    Beretta Nano
    Sig Sauer P220, twice
    Diamondback DB9
    Ruger GP100, twice
    Ruger SP 101
    Ruger LCR 38
    Ruger Mark II 22/45
    Sako Tikka 308, lightweight
    Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Glock 36
    Glock 21
    Glock 43
    S&W M&P 9 mm
    S&W Sigma 9 mm
    Smith and Wesson 640
    Smith and Wesson 442
    S&W 627 Pro
    Sig P938
    Sig Sauer P229 Legion 9 mm
    Sig Sauer 229 9 mm
    Star Firestar 9 mm
    Detonics Combat Master V, 45 ACP
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911
    Guncrafter No Name 1911
    Wilson CQB 1911
    Kimber Ultra Raptor 1911
    Kimber Pro Raptor 1911
    Para Ordnance 1911 P14 (Canada)
    HK Mark 23
    HK 45 USP
    HK 45 Compact
    FNH FNP 45
    Remington 700 223
    Saiga 12 Shotgun
    VEPR 12 Shotgun
    Colt Python 6”
    Colt Python 8”
    Colt Python 4”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by CDRGlock; December 14th, 2018 at 12:25 AM.
    Tstone likes this.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

A Taurus G2...For my B-Day sight unseen...Based on the hype on how great it was and how Taurus got this one right.
    Terrible Trigger...Finish rubs off every time you touch it...Mags rattle in Mag well...Mag release button fell out on the range.
    To its credit it eats everything i feed it but but i rarely shoot it and can't get rid of it because my soulmate got it for me.
    airslot likes this.

3 of the 4 Kahr pistols I’ve been stupid enough to buy...reliability and durability issues (all sold)

Saiga AK rifle in .308...inaccurate, unreliable, and poorly finished (sold)

Glock 43...too snappy for my wife, did nothing better than a G26 for me (sold)

Ruger LCR (sold) and SP101...great revolvers, but my wife can’t work the heavy triggers consistently

Rem 870 Express pump shotgun...extraction problems caused by poor finishing on barrel extension

Mossberg Shockwave...cool gun, but no ranges near me will allow it except one, and that one only with slugs
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    I have owned a lot different guns.

If there is a gun I don’t like, I get rid of it.

Most of the guns I got rid of, I didn’t do my homework to research how it is. Reliability issues, quality issues, heavier trigger, ergonomics, or traded towards other designs.

Guns I have let go by trading or selling:

Springfield XD SC 9
    Springfield XDM 9
    Beretta 92 FS INOX, twice
    Beretta PX4
    Beretta Nano
    Sig Sauer P220, twice
    Diamondback DB9
    Ruger GP100, twice
    Ruger SP 101
    Ruger LCR 38
    Ruger Mark II 22/45
    Sako Tikka 308, lightweight
    Glock 26
    Glock 27
    Glock 36
    Glock 21
    Glock 43
    S&W M&P 9 mm
    S&W Sigma 9 mm
    Smith and Wesson 640
    Smith and Wesson 442
    Sig P938
    Sig Sauer P229 Legion 9 mm
    Sig Sauer 229 9 mm
    Star Firestar 9 mm
    Detonics Combat Master V, 45 ACP
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911
    Guncrafter No Name 1911
    Wilson CQB 1911
    Kimber Ultra Raptor 1911
    Kimber Pro Raptor 1911
    Para Ordnance 1911 P14 (Canada)
    HK Mark 23
    HK 45 USP
    HK 45 Compact
    FNH FNP 45
    Remington 700 223
    Saiga 12 Shotgun
    VEPR 12 Shotgun
    Colt Python 6”
    Colt Python 8”
    Colt Python 4”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Jeepers!
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    3 of the 4 Kahr pistols I’ve been stupid enough to buy...reliability and durability issues (all sold)

Saiga AK rifle in .308...inaccurate, unreliable, and poorly finished (sold)

Glock 43...too snappy for my wife, did nothing better than a G26 for me (sold)

Ruger LCR (sold) and SP101...great revolvers, but my wife can’t work the heavy triggers consistently

Rem 870 Express pump shotgun...extraction problems caused by poor finishing on barrel extension

Mossberg Shockwave...cool gun, but no ranges near me will allow it except one, and that one only with slugs
    LOL...Your killing me...I knew your post was coming...Cant blame ya i would have been done after the first one.

Distinguished Member Array drmordo's Avatar
    Glock 43 - For me, it's the perfect size to be not very useful. Too big for pocket carry, and if I'm carrying on my belt I can conceal a much larger gun so the G43 was useless. Sold it for about what I had into it.

Glock 26 - I mention this probly too often, but it was the most unreliable gun I have ever owned. Replaced parts til I found the problem then sold it at a small loss to a friend.

S&W 625 Night Guard - Just too light of a gun to shoot comfortably. Traded it for a M28 that had been modded to shoot 45 LC.

S&W 686 Perf Center - Just never grew to like it. It felt like a mutated K frame in my hand, but not in a good way. Traded it for a almost new 625 PC.

Senior Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Now that's such a silly question as my second 358 Norma Magnum should be shipped tomorrow.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links